| Date: 08-10-24  Time: 18:45 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 390
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: How the freecops (New Players) Are treated.  (Read 9622 times)

jemerson

Re: How the freecops (New Players) Are treated.
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 04:19:18 am »
Well all I ask is that you do what you mentioned above, PM them. If they listen then another life saved  ;) if not then, hey you did your best. If they are becoming a major problem thats what /report was designed for.

jemerson

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 06:19:22 am »
Freecops is a real problem, to admins, players ,cops, suspects to everyone!
sometimes i try to patrol with freecops but sometimes they're very hard, like, unstoppable.
some of they are good, some others, goddamn.
a good sugestion is do not allow someone at the first day that he joins.. like, he needs to play 1 week and have passport in order to become a freecop.
doing this will encourage such jobs, such as driver, medic, hooker, etc..
so we'll not have a state with 70% cops, 10% criminals, 5% drivers, 4% medics 1% hookers.
not good to see that percentage.
If this happens, probably we're going to drastically reduce number of cops.
should be like: 40% cops 15% criminals 20% drivers 20% medics 5% hookers.
and THAT will make cops work more funnier and split more the outnumber of cops.

I do like that idea

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 07:57:25 am »
Don't double post please. Use the edit button.

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 18:09:27 pm »
That won't happen, cos devs does not suport this idea..
somehow they aren't active enough to see the problem face-to-face.
And they also want to new players have fun also, by making them cops, making them abusing, etc..
yeah, new players get fun, meanwhile, regulars cry of the abuse.

Offline Henry_Blaze

• Citizen
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 19:42:12 pm »
Lets have a Freecops day. Where all Officers and Cadets picks Freecops to teach and patrol with. Would be fun :P

Offline [TCL]Brian_G

• Citizen
  • SA:MP FBI Special Agent
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2009, 19:53:05 pm »
Lets have a Freecops day. Where all Officers and Cadets picks Freecops to teach and patrol with. Would be fun :P

Maybe :D

Awards:

Duty Ribbon (tier 3)

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 00:27:15 am »
That's a great idea Henry! Supported 100%!!! That could actually fix alot of the issues on it's own...

Offline Panda

• Citizen
  • Since May '07.
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 00:36:49 am »
I remember when I was a freecop I would approch the door of the car I was pulling over and before I could say anything the driver would say "Hi, FREECOP".

Well, they want to say "Hi Officer" but don't know what to say (since you technically aren't officers) and so just say "Hi Freecop". Its a title, not necessarily a derogatory one.
Officer "Panda" Ryuzaki

Offline Ryan_van_Buiten

• Citizen
  • Retired.
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 19:11:33 pm »
I remember when I was a freecop I would approch the door of the car I was pulling over and before I could say anything the driver would say "Hi, FREECOP".

Well, they want to say "Hi Officer" but don't know what to say (since you technically aren't officers) and so just say "Hi Freecop". Its a title, not necessarily a derogatory one.

Argonath was my first server when i started to play i mixed OOC with IC talked in public and soo on i remember the old days noone called people freecops and soo on ... Just cops or unit  :)

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
  • Badge-ID: #P49
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 21:50:37 pm »
in someway it's good that freecops are disrespected (read further before flaming), as it will give them encourage them to become cadet and officer.

The other way, it's weird they get disrespected. (I must admit, I hate some freecops too, but that's because of their behaviour (ex. telling them not to /su for evading. 3 seconds later, guess what they do... /su ID evading) ) Cause there are many good freecops, who have not been looked at by the senior team and thus not have received the cadet rank. It will discourage them, and they will start losing interest.
Signed by: Thomas 'Leroy' Crof

Offline PKRanger

• Citizen
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2009, 15:49:40 pm »

thats seems to me a good idea.

Im a freecop, playing about a little week now.
Some other people gave me help by telling me how things work in the game, gave me backup how to handle things.
But allot of things are still unclear because its not all written down in an documentation, for those subjects it could be handy to have a sort of how-to-do day.

But sadly its not all of that, because allot of people join the server without RP. (basicly, drivekilling, DMing, etc etc)
thats just sad.

Offline Panda

• Citizen
  • Since May '07.
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 00:06:12 am »
Freecop day sounds good.
Officer "Panda" Ryuzaki

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2009, 07:35:04 am »
Yeah it does sounds good.
But some officers seems like to hate some freecops..
well, we can try putting it but.. we can se what results we can get.

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
  • Badge-ID: #P49
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2009, 10:38:32 am »
Freecop day sounds cool... But recently, I tried to take a freecop with me and he just ran off all the time when I stopped the car! xD
Signed by: Thomas 'Leroy' Crof

Offline Ryan_Black

• Citizen
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2009, 08:01:12 am »
I'm a freecop and haven't made it to Cadet yet and already im tired of this sort of stuff.  I've used /report several times along with other community members.  Frankly, when people such as the ones in the following images are in uniform it is no wonder people hate freecops the way they do.  Though few ruin it for those who try to do good.  One thing I noticed though is that since I have been here, all I have done was police the community.  I decided to go off-duty a few days ago and get a side-job going for me in the taxi business.  Though it is amazing the difference that is made in a matter of only minutes from Officer to off-duty Officer.  In one day, I got pulled over for the following:
  • Running a red-light (desync I know)
  • For "following a police officer too much" when I just happened to keep running into the same guy.
  • Ramming somebody when lag was the factor as I didnt make contact with him on my screen.
  • Occupying a specific gas pump an officer wanted to use.
  • "Illegally parked" in a public parking lot (in upper downtown Los Santos)
I have also witnessed other people be harrassed:
  • Person /su'ed for a traffic accident with an officer at GS9, the "suspect" did not flee.
  • Freecop reported a civilian for a stolen car though it was just sitting in the blue with nobody around.  See Argonath Law
    1.ยง Driving Law  - In the United States of Argonath, the people are allowed to use any vehicles without license. The police are not allowed to arrest nor fine somebody for not having license.
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/125/samp023xqp.png
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5519/samp026l.png
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/516/samp038i.png
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2784/samp039f.png
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3341/samp042qkf.png
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9730/samp043a.png
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7043/samp044owo.png

Luckily, now I know the roles of both sides of the table.  And I know that this is not the message ARPD wishes to convey to regular citizens of Argonath.  I'll go back to Chief Pancher's statement on having respect.  You need to have respect for everybody.  Fellow officers, and citizens alike.  Granted, if I'm off duty and I get a speeding ticket and obviously do not like it, I'll deal with it and pay it--I'll take responsibility for my actions and will respect the Officer issuing a citation.  Although, when literally you do nothing wrong and you're told "get the f**k out of the car or Ill use force" then somebody ends of jacking your car because you got out...it is next to impossible to roleplay.

I have already gotten warned for using caps and words that I, as an officer would not condone for public usage.  A citizen also got warned for using such rash words as well.  But I had /report'ed the same few people countless times in one sitting (from one game crash to the next) and nothing was done about it.  I even tried telling one of the freecops to ease back on the aggressiveness (right after the stolen car screenshot) and tried to direct him in the right direction as discussed here.  Was just told to "shut the f**k up dont tell me how to do my job"

I try to roleplay with those I encounter while Im an officer, but I try to tell people that I am not that type of freecop and try to go along with it.  Automatically since Ive got a light blue nametag, I'm branded.  It is no wonder though.

Xfire: rttermanatorxxxus
Quote from: Brave4Arnold
one more warning i will tell SA-MP law enforcement to delete this server ! reason : hurting people felling .

Offline MikeUK

• Citizen
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2009, 08:22:01 am »
PM from mr_money_maker(21) : move your f**king car i'm a cop i will suspect you for murder you idiot
PM to mr_money_maker: All I am doing is standing here.

he crashed thank god, but imagine if he hadn't.

Offline JaMeS Alterlis

• Citizen
  • FBI Cadet (SA:MP), Ex-SAPD Senior Officer (SA:MP)
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2009, 08:45:40 am »
Any cop who use PM to do cop work is "RETARDID POLICEMAN"

Oh and, just saw the Ryan's screenshots

The crime "Cause Accident on Police Car" or other vehicle is a crime if you hit the other person car
Even by accident or not, it's a crime of reckless/dangerous driving.
The Alterlis's Laws Enforcement Family & Legal Corporation - In-Charge, Head Manager

Meritorious Service Medal's holder

Offline Ryan_Black

• Citizen
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2009, 08:54:26 am »
The crime "Cause Accident on Police Car" or other vehicle is a crime if you hit the other person car
Even by accident or not, it's a crime of reckless/dangerous driving.

Say you get into a fender bender at a gas station (which is what happened in this case) in real life.  Already given the fact that you've got no prior warrants or felonies on your record, you should be handcuffed and subdued because you popped somebody's plastic rear bumper out of place?

Xfire: rttermanatorxxxus
Quote from: Brave4Arnold
one more warning i will tell SA-MP law enforcement to delete this server ! reason : hurting people felling .

Offline SKenney

• (SAPD) Retired Lieutenant
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: A5050-CS
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2009, 21:59:40 pm »
Yeah Ryan that is pretty messed up what those cops did to you. But I did patrol with Freecop "Mr_Money_Maker" for awile last night and tried to teach him a few things. Perhaps he just did not know. But "Andy_"... I was watching him on and off last night. He was doing some abuse himself. I did come across him talking to you and did try to intervene on some of those encounters. Kept crashing though. I'll try and patrol with him tody if im not busy. Teach him a few things.
Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Former,
Los Santos Police Department

Lieutenant

Offline Mahome

• Citizen
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2009, 23:59:05 pm »
I completly agree when i first came to the server i hardly know the commands,the rules, and procedures and a lot of people been treatening me bad if i done something wrong instead of correcting me,but i learned my mistakes and i ask for help now,people such as Smey,Cero Mabe,nexxt helped me to find forums,read the sections and i became a better freecop,i try and explain other free cops too because i know how they feel, i also share some of the money if i got the kill and if i see a another unit freecop did a good job there.

Signed,
Mahome

Don't give a shit medal x9000

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal