| Date: 24-09-24  Time: 13:24 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[Yesterday at 07:17:12]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 384
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: CHANGES that will affect ALL ARPD  (Read 42757 times)

Offline Shawn Edwards

• Citizen
Re: CHANGES that will affect ALL ARPD
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2010, 17:15:53 pm »
Why don't we all just adapt to the changes that CBFasi has set, and stop groaning and moaning.  :D

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2010, 17:20:19 pm »

What you guys don't understand: GTA cops are corrupt. In the GTA style, characters like Tenpenny exist because it keeps the game fun. ARPD SAPD is a faction of police that in general try to obey somewhat lifelike police conduct.
  If someone wished, they could make a corrupt cop group and if successful, get as much support as SAPD or FBI, as long as they don't break server rules.

Freecops saying "SAPD have no control over me" are mistaken. SAPD has more organization, more weapons and higher authority, given by the Government. If freecops try to hurt you, they can become suspected, or imprisoned through another RP way to teach them that they are not free to be criminal cops. (If  abusing police powers, that is an admin concern which is different from ARPD/ SAPD matters).

Yes, freecops are volunteers. They are cops to prevent crime part time. They are nothing to do with SAPD and SAPD will not take control over them.

Frankly, if you can't control freecops, that isn't their fault, it's yours. Do not think SAPD is not the ultimate police who control everything. Argonath is about universality and imaginative RP, and so will not support such limitations.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Cane

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: AR0964
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2010, 17:22:57 pm »
 If someone wished, they could make a corrupt cop group and if successful, get as much support as SAPD or FBI, as long as they don't break server rules.

Squeak and I did that. We ended up getting fired.
Served 2008~2012

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2010, 17:27:56 pm »

If you misunderstood, I did not mean "make a group inside SAPD that is corrupt", it would have to be separate like FBI is.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Alan Demarest

• Citizen
« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2010, 18:06:42 pm »

If you misunderstood, I did not mean "make a group inside SAPD that is corrupt", it would have to be separate like FBI is.

Why not? As you said, it's what makes the game interesting. I dont like the fact that SAPD-cops that actualy ROLEPLAY corrupt, gets fired.

1. They're actualy roleplaying as a cop.
2. They're roleplaying something fun and interesting.

Offline ElMartu

• Citizen
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2010, 18:12:43 pm »

Well, it's not really fun to play corrupt if you don't have any rights... :lol:

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2010, 19:23:05 pm »

And you were both re-instated...

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2010, 19:29:22 pm »

Well if you played for the fun of it, and not the rights, you could get additional rights if your group is successful. But if rights are the only thing you play for, you would probably lose interest in it quite easily.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Cane

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: AR0964
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2010, 19:42:39 pm »

And you were both re-instated...

Ya but if we do it again we're gonna get fired again :(
Served 2008~2012

Offline Allison

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: Alicia Ross
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2010, 20:08:30 pm »
Cane, the last thing you need is to be fired.. Don't get fired again please.  :(

Offline ElMartu

• Citizen
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2010, 21:30:43 pm »

Well if you played for the fun of it, and not the rights, you could get additional rights if your group is successful. But if rights are the only thing you play for, you would probably lose interest in it quite easily.

I meant that there is not much to be corrupt with if you lack an authority to abuse.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2010, 23:08:46 pm »
  Corruption is used for personal gain (money, work, trust etc) which usually involves helping criminals - not just to abuse authority... for example taking a bribe and feeding cops a false reason information to help suspect (e.g. "This guy paid fine"). For all purposes, freecop powers are sufficient for most corrupt RP.

Corruption is not to be confused with 'abusing' - abusing police powers to gain advantage (which breaches server rules) such as /su for false reasons to gain money. 

For the benefit of the majority of SAPD members who want to RP good police, if you want to take on being a full time corrupt cop it is best to do it as a freecop so SAPD are not burdened with the amount of paperwork it generates.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2010, 08:31:40 am »
I actually have to agree with multiple points in this topic. Although I do not agree with removing FreeCops from the force, I do agree with requiring them to follow atleast some of ARPD's rules. Ever since the announcement of FreeCops not being required to follow SAPD laws, or report to SAPD command or orders, I have actually had MANY "smart-ass" FreeCops think it was funny to slap the fact in my face that they are not part of ARPD. They may not be members of the ARPD, but they are employees of SAPD itself. They are basically Volunteer Law Enforcement/Police-based Security Guards. They should be required to follow atleast some rules and laws, because the right to not have to do so has been heavily abused, and they cannot be suspected or administrated for it because according to SAPD, they are not breaking any laws or rules due to the above mentioned.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2010, 10:50:10 am »
They should be required to follow atleast some rules and laws, because the right to not have to do so has been heavily abused, and they cannot be suspected or administrated for it because according to SAPD, they are not breaking any laws or rules due to the above mentioned.
   They have to follow same rules as everyone else, including SAPD - The rules of Argonath apply to everyone. As for laws, SAPD can punish freecops if they break the laws, even though most laws are broke through lack of understanding rather than intention, so it has always been encouraged to teach and help freecops rather than punish them.
  Freecops can get suspected by SAPD - that is the most basic punishment you can offer, apart from shooting them (which most of you wont do because of all important money). I can think of some more, such as jailing them via RP, excommunicating to countryside etc...

You shouldn't let these smart ass freecops, -who are just out there to try piss off SAPD- get to you! Because SAPD has so much more power than they do, however perhaps you lack the imagination to use it. Sure we cannot give orders (well you can; do them more like threats), but it is our duty to abide by the Laws we set, and our duty to detain or otherwise any that breach these laws, freecops included - and this is perfectly possible with current scripts.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline VeLuX

• Citizen
« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2010, 15:40:28 pm »
IRL you can't join the police force without Follow there laws...
SAPD Officer VeLuX

Medals:2x 1x

Offline Alan Demarest

• Citizen
« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2010, 16:18:50 pm »
IRL you can't join the police force without Follow there laws...

This is not RL. This is a game and we're trying to have fun.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2010, 16:24:59 pm »
If you are confusing Argonath with real life, you need to seek medical attention.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Kenny

• Citizen
« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2010, 19:50:30 pm »
If you are confusing Argonath with real life, you need to seek medical attention.

Do you recomend any good medical hospital  :)

On-topic: At first i didnt agree with the color change, but now am used ot it, its no problem for me, you see more co-opearation between the police force, you no longer see 1 free cop chasing a suspect and all other officers just doign there thing. alot of cops join pursuits now and help out freecops in arrest and traffic stops.

but the /frisk command, i still dont agree with it, that just my opinion. you know if new /frsik was beign worked on, why not put the old one back untill this new one has been done.

because lately, criminals are being smart ass, when i tell them put your hands up, i will search you, they put it up, ad before i even type "/me serhces" the guy type "found nothing", its funny because i didnt even search him and he types found nothing  and some of them, i know they have drugs i ask them to hand it in, yet they refuse untill i call an admin to help. so this is making our job a little harder
Retired Captain..

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2010, 20:29:24 pm »
  If you see them/ have witnesses etc of them growing drugs, you can still punish them for it even without them handing over any drugs. Just assume they hid it, unless they can prove otherwise.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline [TCL]Brian_G

• Citizen
  • SA:MP FBI Special Agent
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2010, 04:10:26 am »
FBI is light blue now?

Awards:

Duty Ribbon (tier 3)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal