| Date: 30-09-24  Time: 13:36 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 274
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: When you see a large group togheter ..  (Read 2622 times)

Offline smey

• Citizen
When you see a large group togheter ..
« on: May 10, 2010, 19:13:16 pm »
.. Please give them a break. I see people declaring a Code Purple just because six guys walk down a street. Why? Nothing more annoying than getting stalked by cops when doing something with your group/clan. If you think they are up for trouble, watch them from a distance.

Offline Henry_Blaze

• Citizen
Re: When you see a large group togheter ..
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 11:17:44 am »
Better leave them alone and dont make pointless Code 30's, If they are doing crime Call for backup and wait till it backup arrives.

Offline Sushi

• [SA:MP] Sushi
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #A2
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:49:09 am »
Sometimes they honestly aren't donig a crime and simply hanging out and doing stuff together. Albeit sometimes they do commit crimes.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast and fast is lethal.

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
  • Follow Me If I Fall Continue Forward
  • Badge-ID: 10 David
  • SA-MP: James_Bowling
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 12:57:58 pm »
.. Please give them a break. I see people declaring a Code Purple

Wait Code Purple or Code Orange ? Sounds Like Code Orange, but yes cops to harass groups to much.
Retired SA:MP Admin
Retired SWAT Commander
Retired SFPD Captain / Chief

Offline Joseph_Allen

• [SA:MP] EX SAPD Senior Officer
  • Citizen
  • A Sane Man
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 14:21:05 pm »
Like the others have said, just leave them alone. If you REALLY feel that they're a threat, observe from a distance, preferrable using a scope.

That said, you can also "casually" pass by them, just not too many times.

Offline Dutchy

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: 420
  • SA-MP: Dutchy
  • Discord: Dutchy#6507
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 16:57:00 pm »
Most of the time there are a view suspects between them..

"A 9mm can kill a Hydra, or Hunter ... that is fact, aiming at them = threatening behavior.
Do so in real life and watch what happens ..." -[R*]CBFasi
« Sent to: Dutchy on: 21-06-2013, 05:27:27 »

Offline Allison

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: Alicia Ross
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 00:51:18 am »
Majority of the time I just ignore them and drive past them, like they're going to cause anything right then anyway.

Offline [R*]EliteTerm

• E-1337
  • Citizen
  • Tommy Vercetti, Remember the name!
    • Skype - eliteterm13
  • Badge-ID: #VC1337
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 03:16:32 am »
Last week or something, we had a code purple that nearly turned into a bloody carnage in Grove Street. Several officers managed to calm the guys down, and we left them alone.

Me and two other units parked nearby in a parking lot in Idlewood, as a way to keep an eye on the situation if they caused problems.

Offline Panda

• Citizen
  • Since May '07.
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 12:41:51 pm »
I was once hanging around at the AR Complex with the rest of Araatus, however I was on duty. None of them were armed in any way, we were just hanging around and talking on CB. I saw a Code Purple called in police radio and several units set up watches from the adjacent blocks.
Its unneccesary to call anything unless its clear they are illegally gathering with suspects among them.
Officer "Panda" Ryuzaki

Offline Pazienza

• Citizen
  • TeaM-Pazienza
  • Badge-ID: #NY2154
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 16:00:24 pm »
That's it, even being a 24/7 cop, I've been a criminal too back in the days.. while in Zaibatsu, so I kind of know how criminals feel and that if you aren't in a stable group, being a criminal is just a loss of money and time most of the times.

I sometimes try to imagine how criminals feel in some situations and how they'll react.
Criminal groups are basically meant to give give players a place to have some fun and RP together, so it's normal that you will see them teamed up, but most of the times they'd be just trying to have some fun, as I said before.

Now this is what I personally think is wrong and should be changed.
There are two kinds of cops:
- The one who, as soon as he sees a large group of players with a _Mafiatag after their name, would just call a Code ZOMGPURPLE RED
- The one who thinks a bit more and decides to ignore them since he's sure "they're just waiting for cops to come closer to attack them" (Even though this is a bit wrong too imo, for sure it is better than the first option)

What do you think we should do Panda?

Offline Panda

• Citizen
  • Since May '07.
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 18:15:47 pm »
Well firstly cops need to accept the fact that if they snoop around our headquarters when none of us are suspected, we're not going to be almightily happy. If more cops come then we're likely to get more jumpy and frankly if someone was to call a code purple when we had no intention of doing anything illegal, its the cops decision to enter into combat should that happen.

On the other hand, if we're suspected, I fully expect cops to understand that we will shoot you on sight if you run at us.
I remember the other incident where a cop was just walking around near some AR members (suspected), and Maxy told him to leave or be fired upon. The cop refused, saying he wasn't doing anything related. When Maxy opened fire he got admin punished for "cophunting". When he came back, the cop continued standing there and then suddenly opened fire from behind the suspects.

Clearer rules on "cophunting" need to be established, especially for groups that are already wanted.
If you run at a suspect as a cop, expect to be shot at. Look at this way: If I'm the suspect and I see a cop running at me, I shoot because I expect to be shot at. I have been punished on more than one occasion for "cophunting" when the cop was mere seconds (in one case he was actually pulling the gun) from shooting at me.
Yes Legend, I still remember that, though you almost certainly don't. I also still remember how you PMed admins from your nonadmin account that I was cophunting so that I would get warned.

As for gathered groups:
If nobody is suspected, there is probably nothing going on. Even if something does go on, you can just come back when they are suspected to deal with them, right?
If somebody is suspected, give clear warning that all whitenames should clear the area or be suspected. If they refuse or shoot back, suspect them and call all the code purple-reds you want.

If you seriously suspect a group to be up to something (all armoured in group cars for example) then just watch them yourself - no need to announce it on police radio. If they commit a crime, go ahead and call in the cavalry then. Otherwise, leave them in the stables.
Officer "Panda" Ryuzaki

Offline JDC

• SA:MP Manager
  • Citizen
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Badge-ID: #69420
  • SA-MP: [Rstar]JDC
  • VC:MP: [R*]JDC
  • V:MP: [Rstar]JDC
  • Discord: JDC#0664
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 06:02:10 am »
In FBI, groups of _Mafiatags are only considered a threat if they exhibit any hostile behavior (intimidating other citizens or stalking a citizen / law enforcement worker or showing any other signs of a crime about to be committed) or if they harbor at least one orange guy, since we all know that an unwritten policy of "All for one, one for all" stands for most groups, both Cop and Criminal.

Trivia Tip: In the MTA:VCPD, Code Purple is actually listed as Code Orange. :)
Quote from: Gandalf on June 08, 2013, 01:35:37 pm
The most important part is interacting with others and meeting people from around the world.

SA:MP Manager | Officer-In-Charge (OIC), San Andreas State Government | Pope of Argonath
Retired FBI Director (MTA:VC, VC:MP) and Division Chief (SA:MP)

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal