| Date: 30-09-24  Time: 03:35 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 260
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: POLL: DO COPS DO THE RIGHT THING?  (Read 4397 times)

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
POLL: DO COPS DO THE RIGHT THING?
« on: May 14, 2010, 11:51:21 am »
  Do cops do the right thing?

Working for themselves? Or working for the good of the citizens? YOU DECIDE!

By RPing a cop and civilian, I have seen many injustices take place. Mainly this involves the good guys getting punished and bad guys being treated unfairly. I have seen excellent RP'ers do a great performance whilst being investigated - all in vain since the investigator has already decided that they will go to jail for xxx time regardless of their RP and reasoning.

What I personally believe in when I am a cop:
- Reward good imaginative RP by going along with it and believing them.
- If it's believable - believe them!
- If I were in their situation, what would I have done?
- Did the criminal do the right thing? Did he do he genuinely want to help or have no other choice?
- Is the crime even worth /su  or jail?

All these factors I take into account before jailing or punishing a suspect through other RP way. If everyone did this, there might actually be a point to investigating?

This poll is a complete generalisation. There are always cases either side. This is about morality and if cops really give a shit about whether they are doing their job for the good of the civilians, or do you think they are just in it for the cash? Are criminals just numbers to them? Or are the criminals treated as citizens in a bad situation, asking for help?

This is posted on the argonath RPG form and the ARPD forum for fairness in this study.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Alan Demarest

• Citizen
Re: POLL: DO COPS DO THE RIGHT THING?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 13:09:14 pm »
Just recently I tried something.

I blew right past Hank Rafferty And Tommy Lings at like 180 KM/H. I was in a Buffalo and they were in a Infernus.

They try to make me pull over, I refuse and floor it. I get suspected and they IMMEDIATELY open fire on me and my car. They manage to take out one of my tires, I spin out and the car blows up.

What I wonder is WHY they did not even try to take me out by PITing me, or other means before resorting to destroying my vehicle. They had a INFERNUS, the fastest car in the game, they could easily try to PIT me or try to convince me to stop and surrender. I can't outrun a Infernus in a Buffalo. They have SO many ways to stop me, but they decide to go with the easiest one.

I mean.. COME ON.. I was wanted for speeding/evading. They had the superior vehicle and they still do shit like that..

When I get suspected I feel like I'm playing a Cops'n'Robbers server..

/Rant off.

To answer your question Jcstodds, no I do not think cops are working for the good of the citizens.

Offline Mahome

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 13:29:07 pm »
f**k da police no justice no peace  :cool:

Don't give a shit medal x9000

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
  • Badge-ID: #P49
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 14:10:16 pm »

I blew right past Hank Rafferty And Tommy Lings at like 180 KM/H. I was in a Buffalo and they were in a Infernus.

They try to make me pull over, I refuse and floor it. I get suspected and they IMMEDIATELY open fire on me and my car. They manage to take out one of my tires, I spin out and the car blows up.

What I wonder is WHY they did not even try to take me out by PITing me, or other means before resorting to destroying my vehicle. They had a INFERNUS, the fastest car in the game, they could easily try to PIT me or try to convince me to stop and surrender. I can't outrun a Infernus in a Buffalo. They have SO many ways to stop me, but they decide to go with the easiest one.

I mean.. COME ON.. I was wanted for speeding/evading. They had the superior vehicle and they still do shit like that..

/Rant off.

To answer your question Jcstodds, no I do not think cops are working for the good of the citizens.
It's in the procedures.

Why do criminals become suspect and shoot cops, rather than RP with cops while not suspected?

Criminals think:
Cop = DM
Cop = no RP
Cops think:
Criminal = DM
Criminal = no RP

Think about it ;)
Signed by: Thomas 'Leroy' Crof

Offline Cruel Cooking Chef Curry Alterlis

• San Andreas Highway Patrol - Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • 067's Gaming
    • Skype - corey067
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 14:40:09 pm »
Most of them, no.
Even some Officers or FBI Agents

Example:

Bunny hopping in bike, jumping around, annoying people by jumping on their car/head
Landing heli/plane on the road
Speeding, abusing siren, shouting offensive language
Driving civilian vehicle, abandoned vehicles, trespassing garage off-duty to go on-duty and not using front door, etc.

Especially:
Asking "/r hi, is there any situation going on?"
"/r Anyone need backup?"

And those who asked that are Officers/regulars...

My answer is no, "Most" cops in Argo, doesn't do right things.
Signed,
Corey Alterlis

Argonath RPG Fire Department - Station 2's Company Chief
San Andreas Highway Patrol - Commissioner

Sago

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 15:03:51 pm »

You're contributing to it.

Oh, and yes i do believe some contribute to the community. However, it depends on what you think contribution is. Cleaning up the streets? Arresting criminals? Shooting criminals? Everyone is going to have a different view on this topic. And if you haven't made an effort to truly in depth roleplay with the civilians and criminals and vice verca, your response will be no.

Offline Ed_Lane

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 17:33:02 pm »

/Rant off.

little do you know a buffalo and sultan are the 2 fastest in the game IF you are on city streets if you are driving on the highway then yes a infernus is the fastest car

and i do believe most cops do the right things at times now we are just human and do make mistakes
Never forget...

Fidelis ad Mortem
San Andreas County Services

Offline Plam Knight

• SAMP Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: *LV1609
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 18:20:46 pm »
Actually I have to agree that most cops are not doing the right thing.
Still I think the problem is coming from that everyone can go on cop duty.

I think the only way to become cop should be like that:
1.You put application - While you are civilian you should not be allowed to do /duty
2.Then you are going on like 3-4 patrols around with officers.
3.If you have good notes in your application it should be accepted or otherwise denied.
4.Then you become cadet in the academy and after that here you go you are officer of the law.

Also it will be better roleplay if the cops are cops while off duty also.
But that is just an idea.

Offline Edward Miller

• Citizen
  • Officer Edward Miller
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 18:37:29 pm »

/Rant off.

Sir, do you know that Buffalo handling is much better then Infernus, and you were in city.

Offline ElMartu

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 19:05:27 pm »
little do you know a buffalo and sultan are the 2 fastest in the game IF you are on city streets if you are driving on the highway then yes a infernus is the fastest car

If I recall correctly the max speed with a sultan is around ~185 km/h and the buffalo's is 207, while a Hotring Racer makes it to over 230.

Offline Ed_Lane

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 20:18:18 pm »

If I recall correctly the max speed with a sultan is around ~185 km/h and the buffalo's is 207, while a Hotring Racer makes it to over 230.

you are right with this but i can outrun cops with a sultan only not Ben or Hank they way better drivers but you can make any car seem fast with how you drive if you when to turn the corner or anything it will make a sultan seem like the fastest car. the reason for this is because when you are driving and i make a sudden turn at the right time i would barley lose any speed rather then if i turned it the curb lost control for a bit etc 
Never forget...

Fidelis ad Mortem
San Andreas County Services

Offline ElMartu

• Citizen
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 21:05:20 pm »
I get your point, but 'fastest' isn't the proper term.

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 00:12:34 am »
Although we do have some great officers on the force, ARPD these days is leaning towards it's own self-destruction caused by these common, every day issues that are constantly growing around us each and every day. I personally voted no because in the overall bigger picture, the issues are outweighing the good we have been doing lately. It has become a greed and power game over suspects, who themselves are also doing the same to deathmatch the police. Both the cops and criminals need to wake up and realize that this is not a game for money, power, or constant murder...it's roleplay for something similar to real life, but in a world of it's own. This has gotten way out of control and needs to be fixed soon before both sides kill each other permanently.

Offline J. Prilo

• Citizen
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 01:23:42 am »
It's in the procedures.

Why do criminals become suspect and shoot cops, rather than RP with cops while not suspected?

Criminals think:
Cop = DM
Cop = no RP
Cops think:
Criminal = DM
Criminal = no RP

Think about it ;)

I don't think like that.
Joseph Prilo
San Andreas Police Department Officer (MTA:SA)
Ex- San Andreas Police Department Officer (SA:MP)
| Ex- Vice City Police Department Officer (VC:MP)
Meritorious Service Medal x1

Offline JDC

• SA:MP Manager
  • Citizen
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Badge-ID: #69420
  • SA-MP: [Rstar]JDC
  • VC:MP: [R*]JDC
  • V:MP: [Rstar]JDC
  • Discord: JDC#0664
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 06:15:14 am »
Especially:
Asking "/r hi, is there any situation going on?"
"/r Anyone need backup?"

I only ask such questions in radio for 2 reasons. One is being friendly or hospitable and the other is to find out if any cops are already being cornered or shot at by suspects / civilians without informing in the radio. I do not see anything wrong with the law enforcement helping each other.

Actually I have to agree that most cops are not doing the right thing.
Still I think the problem is coming from that everyone can go on cop duty.

I think the only way to become cop should be like that:
1.You put application - While you are civilian you should not be allowed to do /duty
2.Then you are going on like 3-4 patrols around with officers.
3.If you have good notes in your application it should be accepted or otherwise denied.
4.Then you become cadet in the academy and after that here you go you are officer of the law.

Also it will be better roleplay if the cops are cops while off duty also.
But that is just an idea.

Roleplay is a two-way street, my friend. The greatest RPer in the world isn't going to make a difference if everyone else around him / her doesn't want to participate in any RP. If you're disappointed because the person who you want to RP with doesn't engage in your RP, then go and RP with someone else who will.

Having off-duty cops would be nice if it were not for two major factors- the need to distinguish law enforcement and the tendency of the majority of players not to go along with good RP and just shoot or run.

It's in the procedures.

Criminals think:
Cop = DM
Cop = no RP
Cops think:
Criminal = DM
Criminal = no RP

Think about it ;)

Every now and then, I come across known criminals who I end up RPing with as an FBI Agent, thankfully OUTSIDE of a scenario where I'm trying to bring them to jail or shoot them to death.

As for me, I voted no, due to the bigger picture. Take that coming from a high-ranked FBI Agent.

It's my personal belief that:
Cops: Those who don't interact with the citizens should do so more often. Who knows what new sources of fun you can find on duty other than shooting the orange guys.

Criminals: Those who are only interested in provoking, engaging, or shooting at Cops should try to engage in different sorts of RP with them. As I said about the Cops, who knows what new sources of fun you might find.

When I'm not enforcing law or attending to other FBI business, I sell FBI-made pancakes or other merchandise (music players, I LOVE RABIES merchandise, and other items) on duty to other cops, citizens, and even known criminals (providing they aren't suspects). In a way, it still brings more interaction with other people and enjoyment between those participating in the RP.
Quote from: Gandalf on June 08, 2013, 01:35:37 pm
The most important part is interacting with others and meeting people from around the world.

SA:MP Manager | Officer-In-Charge (OIC), San Andreas State Government | Pope of Argonath
Retired FBI Director (MTA:VC, VC:MP) and Division Chief (SA:MP)

Offline Daco

• Citizen
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 08:53:08 am »
No.

Offline J. Prilo

• Citizen
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 14:36:31 pm »
Don't rely on the fact that you may re-join the situation, you should act like you only had one life.
Joseph Prilo
San Andreas Police Department Officer (MTA:SA)
Ex- San Andreas Police Department Officer (SA:MP)
| Ex- Vice City Police Department Officer (VC:MP)
Meritorious Service Medal x1

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 16:04:36 pm »
Interesting result on the ARPD forum however the sample is far too small and close together to make result conclusive so far. GET VOTING!
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 02:29:58 am »
Do the majority of cops do the right thing? No.

Do a handful of cops, who are ridiculed and generalized every time some non-RPing cop screws a situation up, do the right thing? Yes.

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline Rick Deckard

• Citizen
  • I am living Hell
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 21:03:17 pm »
Many cops will drive a buffalo or infernus both members armored and weapon equiped with SMG and combat, will not even attempt to PIT most of the time and will just Drive by where is the roleplay of cops there? If ARPD trying to become realistic like you guys always say with unlimited lives cause police are a lot in numbers and getting free weapons why not Roleplay your job more realistically?
To serve and protect at all costs.

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal