| Date: 28-09-24  Time: 05:23 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 260
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Freecop - Seperate ARPD Division  (Read 4311 times)

RayCarter

Freecop - Seperate ARPD Division
« on: June 09, 2010, 20:03:40 pm »
I asked once before about removing the Freecop Job and it's already been mention before that Freecop shall remain.
I started my career as a Freecop which ultimatly gave me the rank of Officer and SWAT invite without application.

How's this for an Idea: Making Freecop a seperate Division of the ARPD/SAPD.

Freecops would have a Headquarters in each City like a Police Station. You can use /duty and recieve only the 'Guard' Uniform, and a Nightstick, Desert Eagle and Spray Can. For Vehicles, there would be Police Cars, Rangers and Motorbikes, all in a unique colors like dark gray or yellow.

For Duties, They would be Patrolling the Streets, Aiding in Pursuits or Arrests, Transporting Prisoners, Guarding Inmates at Mordor. Freecop would still be lower than the Rank of Officer and would still need to follow instructions from the SAPD like any other Civilian.

Overall, The only change I am suggesting is to create a seperate HQ for /duty and seperate vehicles with their own color for Freecops to use.

- Freecop
- SAPD
- SWAT
- FBI

I hope this fixes the problem of Freecops doing whatever they want and disrupting other Officers.
Examples like abandoning police cars, stealing suspects from Officers, and representing the SAPD.

Let me know what you think of the idea. The poll is not going to decide the result. It would still remain under the decision of the Developers.

Offline Jonny O'Sullivan

• Citizen
Re: Freecop - Seperate ARPD Division
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 20:29:56 pm »
I like the idea and feel that it has potential to suceed in fixing problems that exist with freecops. But on the other hand, not all freecops are the same. Some are willing to learn, as proven by yourself getting to where you are now; some are not. However, those wanting to learn could maybe be advised to ask for a member of SAPD to patrol with in order to gain a bit more understanding in police work and leave the ones who are not willing to learn to do their own things.

I feel that in order to fix problems that exist it will need more than just making a seperate HQ for freecops.
Signed,
Jonny O'Sullivan.

Offline Plam Knight

• SAMP Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: *LV1609
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 20:39:00 pm »
Thats pretty nice idea Ray. And when someone applies for cadet we can make ride alongs with them to check if they are actually capable of being part of SAPD.

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
  • Follow Me If I Fall Continue Forward
  • Badge-ID: 10 David
  • SA-MP: James_Bowling
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 23:16:52 pm »
The only possible problem I see is this, people come in the server and start as a freecop. They are new and inexperienced and forcing them to act a certain way so fast without any freedom may detour them from the ARPD in the future. With some editing of this idea I believe it could be a great success. I vote Yey
Retired SA:MP Admin
Retired SWAT Commander
Retired SFPD Captain / Chief

Sago

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 00:04:47 am »
I completely dislike this idea. Freecops do not need to be a separate division, this gives them more slack to do whatever they want. Instead of increased privileges with "special color cars" or "their own headquarters" they should get decreased privileges as a rookie. I know you are suggesting this because you believe it will stop the problem, but it won't. The only way to stop this problem is through script support which we will never receive.

Also, the difference between the Freecop division and all the others is that SWAT, FBI, and SAPD are at a level of training greater then the average free officer. What is the Freecop division going to train? And remember, freecop is the same as an Auxiliary officer in real life but without the basic training. With divisions comes ranks which causes imbalance and improved scripts. Separating them from us will not help the problem that we are faced with today.

Offline Badandy

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 01:11:01 am »
Freecops are like anyone else.  :cop:

Police Officer III Andrew Badden
Internal Affairs Investigator
San Andreas Police Department "to protect and serve"

Offline Pazienza

• Citizen
  • TeaM-Pazienza
  • Badge-ID: #NY2154
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 09:11:59 am »
This

I don't think owners will agree with this, they want a server with equal opportunities, without kicking aside new players.
By separating Freecops and letting them in a separate division which has no contacts with the SAPD, they'll feel even more ignored and won't know who they should ask for help, so the abuse/misuse of commands  will even get worse..

Offline Billy_Duke

• Citizen
  • Sadly I was a dumbass and is
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 16:32:49 pm »
No,because I have played here for 10 months as a freecop and have enjoyed every moment of it.I would also hate to have that guard skin.I earned the other skins by respecting rules and learning about the server.Plus freecops arent part of ARPD SOOOOOOO you guys really cant do anything.

Offline Allison

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: Alicia Ross
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 16:37:42 pm »
Freecops are appart of ARPD, not appart of SAPD, for those who do not know this.
This idea isn't half bad.

Offline JamesWilson

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 04:00:16 am »
Idea is Fine but the name doesn't really flater anyone maybe a different name. Maybe, Volunteer Police Department or something.

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 08:34:19 am »
SAPD are at a level of training greater then the average free officer.

>Implying that SAPD has better training than freecops
>Implying that SAPD has training

yes sir whatever you say sir

Offline FlameMan

• Captain Ice
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #CS0007
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 08:43:31 am »
CBF removed dark blue colour of SAPD Officers and brought light blue for everyone to stop dividing ARPD into Officers and Freecops.. because Freecops were not respected..
"The kingdom strength is not based on the strength of the king, but the strength of the people."
---

2008 - 2011SAPD Captain   |   SWAT Associates   |   SAPD Academy Chief  |  LSPD / LVPD Lieutenant  |  SADA Detective  |  SWAT Cadet  |  LSPD Officer
2012Northen Command Captain (Supervising LVPD, FCPD, EQPD)

Offline [R*]Pancher

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: [Rstar]Pancher
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 08:45:07 am »
How would all freecops be informed of the basic requirements since they would automatic join a division, what so ever if they want to be in an division or not?

Offline GiacJr

• Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 08:46:12 am »
This goes against Argonath Vision and will not happen!
2007 ranks - DPD Captain, DPD Chief.
2008 ranks - SAPD Deputy Chief, SAPD Sergeant, 207 topkop.
2009 ranks - SAPD Application Manager, DPD Sergeant, DPD Lieutenant, DPD Transfer Request Manager.
2010 ranks - DPD Captain, SWAT Associate.
2011 ranks - LSPD Officer, DPD Officer.
Medals - 4 Meritorious Service Medals, 3 Community Policing Medals, 1 Police Star Medal.

Offline Leroy Hudson

• [SA:MP] Retired Chief
  • Citizen
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 12:08:02 pm »
This will break freedom. SOME Freecops would like to work with the rest of ARPD. Some MAY not. If all freecops are forced into a division, there may be be arguments between themselves. Making a division might even mean a big decrease of SAPD applications. At the moment Freecops willing to learn apply to be Cadet. Others continue with their role-play. In the past CBF has changed the color of the Law enforcements the same, to make us all equal. I don't think some Freecops will appreciate wearing the security guard skin.

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 14:38:05 pm »
Quote from: The Poll
Question: Should Freecops be separate from the ARPD?
They are...

Sago

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 15:12:12 pm »
Quote from: The Poll
Question: Should Freecops be separate from the ARPD?
They are...

In retrospect this is for the most part true. Since we, as a group, cannot control their actions toward others we justify it as "They aren't a part of ARPD so we can't do anything". The only thing we can do is help them, but this can only go so far with some of the players. The only thing forceful that we can do to control their actions is cop ban. Again, cop banning people only goes so far.

I argue that the color system didn't cause disrespect but the exact opposite. Today i try to guide people in the right way in game and i get a big middle finger pointed in my face. This color is directly related to the stripes on your uniform. If we all have the same number of stripes, what am i working hard for?

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 15:21:18 pm »
  The freecops could have their own elite division: SVAT - Super Volunteers and Tec9's, which would be like SWAT but with higher activity, less organisation and more collateral damage.

I think that dividing freecops and SAPD even further is a terrible idea, since I believe there are freecops that have better imagination and RP abilities than some SAPD members due to their few restrictions. Also you have to remember that most of the current SAPD units were freecops once...

The freecops should not be seen as "below SAPD" or "on a smaller horse than SAPD", but should be treated as potential SAPD members.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
  • Badge-ID: #P49
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 17:48:51 pm »
  The freecops could have their own elite division: SVAT - Super Volunteers and Tec9's, which would be like SWAT but with higher activity, less organisation and more collateral damage.
Change the name, makes it more epic! :)

The freecops could have their own elite division: SVATAS - Super Volunteers And Terrible At Shooting, which would be like SWAT but with higher activity, less organisation and more collateral damage.

NOTE: I do not imply that freecops are terrible at shooting!
Signed by: Thomas 'Leroy' Crof

Offline Lennie_Briscoe

• Citizen
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 20:10:46 pm »
This

I don't think owners will agree with this, they want a server with equal opportunities, without kicking aside new players.
By separating Freecops and letting them in a separate division which has no contacts with the SAPD, they'll feel even more ignored and won't know who they should ask for help, so the abuse/misuse of commands  will even get worse..

Pazienza is completely right here. While in retrospect this seems like a good idea however with freecops having less regulation then they do now things would just get worse.

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier" General Colin Luther Powell United States Army Ret.

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal