| Date: 27-09-24  Time: 23:28 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 323
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Sacramento's Longest Hostage Standoff In Modern History  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
Sacramento's Longest Hostage Standoff In Modern History
« on: June 15, 2010, 03:24:25 am »
I know this is a few days old now, but it made national headlines. Last week, around Wednesday afternoon, the following events had begun. As of Saturday morning, they were finally over. This happened about 3 minutes from my home, and I was personally affected by it because it caused a large portion of Arden Way, (between Fulton Avenue and Bell Avenue), to be shut down. That same week I needed to take my car to a business that was in the shut down zone. :P

Anyway, read up. This story is amazing and to be honest, is quite shocking. The standoff itself was noted to last over 56 hours. Sac Sheriff and SWAT did not take this lightly. The total events precluding and including this event involved the local Metro Fire Department, Sacramento's County Sheriff and City Police Departments, the Federal Bureau Of Investigation, the Concord Police Department, the Folsom Police Department, the California Highway Patrol, and the Sacramento Office of Emergency Services, as well as other various unmentioned organizations.

The events have been dubbed as the "Arden Hostage Crisis", due to the street where the events took place, and the duration of the incidents.

Early reports: http://newsolio.com/arden-way-sacramento-hostage-situation,10616
(Man was 26, not 25, as stated by that article)

Reports into day 3: http://www.sacsheriff.com/media/0611_standoff.cfm

Day 4/Incident's Ending: http://www.sacsheriff.com/media/0611_standoff_over.cfm

As stated in the final article, the man was actually wanted for quite a large number of crimes. He was also known to be schizophrenic and paranoid, and may or may not have been off some medication that he may have been taking at the time.
In an ironic twist of events, on Saturday morning, the shuttle that was to pick up that apartment complex's residents, who were being housed by the Red Cross and El Camino High School during the events, broke down when on it's way to pick them up and take them home.

It is an unfortunate ending for the man who started it all, and those affected by his preceding events, but at least it is finally over and he cannot hurt anyone further, nor suffer from his mental instabilities anymore. My support goes out to those affected by the events, both in this situation, and in the events leading up to it. As the SWAT officer infamously said on his radio as he carried the kidnapped baby outside to safety, "Jackpot Is Good, Suspect Is Down". Thanks Sac Sheriff. Despite the economic problems causing you to lay off most of your deputies, you still managed to pull this off and save the day. You have my respect for that.

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
Re: Sacramento's Longest Hostage Standoff In Modern History
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 03:31:44 am »
I'm pretty sure I heard about this on the news. He supposedly had/has a baby in there and has been hogged up for over three days. Get the sunofabad girl!

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 03:35:05 am »
I'm pretty sure I heard about this on the news. He supposedly had/has a baby in there and has been hogged up for over three days. Get the sunofabad girl!
Lol I can tell you didn't read the whole thing. Read the third article Vincey! :cop:

But ya, you're right. That was the same incident.

Offline Garry_Smith

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 03:44:38 am »
Ye i saw tht threatening to kill baby
Signed:
Garry "Dream" Smith

Retired San Andreas State Trooper Retired Deputy Commander{TET Captain}
Ex SATP Officer
Ex Cadet
Ex VCPD Officer

Protecting Argonath from Dangers Since

Offline GiacJr

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 04:11:29 am »
their SWAT team gets a medic.
|:<
2007 ranks - DPD Captain, DPD Chief.
2008 ranks - SAPD Deputy Chief, SAPD Sergeant, 207 topkop.
2009 ranks - SAPD Application Manager, DPD Sergeant, DPD Lieutenant, DPD Transfer Request Manager.
2010 ranks - DPD Captain, SWAT Associate.
2011 ranks - LSPD Officer, DPD Officer.
Medals - 4 Meritorious Service Medals, 3 Community Policing Medals, 1 Police Star Medal.

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 08:24:38 am »
Lol I know. I never knew that either. When I read that part I had a "wtf moment". It really caught me off guard, because I know everything about Sac Sheriff.

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
  • Badge-ID: #P49
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 18:33:13 pm »
Lol I know. I never knew that either. When I read that part I had a "wtf moment". It really caught me off guard, because I know everything about Sac Sheriff.
Maybe they have more suprises? :)
Signed by: Thomas 'Leroy' Crof

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 19:22:28 pm »
Maybe they have more surprises? :)
I can't wait to find them out! :cop:
I actually drove past the apartments where it took place a few hours ago. Everything seems calm on the street once again. No visual damage to the building could be seen from SWAT's previous entrance. Just a few open windows and people going about their usual business.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal