| Date: 24-09-24  Time: 10:25 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[Yesterday at 07:17:12]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 310
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: SAPD Ranchers  (Read 7401 times)

Offline rex1985

• Citizen
Re: SAPD Ranchers
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 14:56:25 pm »
* =AV=Sarah_Ancelotti pokes around the forum corners

WHAT IN GODS NAME DO YOU THINK IS YOUR PROBLEM???????

Yes, Federal Ranchers are cool.  Yes, they have a flashing light.  Yes, they're good for disabling cars faster.  But let the speculations have it:

Federal Rancher Speculations from a Engineer of SA Vehicles:
- Slow, the average speed is cut in half of that of a normal PD Vehicle, that being the LSPD, SFPD, and LVPD Car.
  - Would get you no where.  The time it would take from Point A [Lets say LSAP] to Point B [Lets say the end of LV-LS HW.] would take a mere SEVEN minutes, dependent upon Traffic, Lag and other things in that habitat.
   - Would be a simple match for vehicles such as the Infernus, Bullet, Cheetah, Phenoix, etc.  The speed in which a Federal Rancher goes is no comparison to that of which the normal PD vehicles go.
- Body structure, it may be four door, and great for "RP events" such as Bombs, CSI, and other things amongst that.  But with the structure of the body, it is hard to:
  - Cut Corners.  There are many sharp corners in the game GTA: SA.  Thusforth giving the Rancher a disadvantage due to the Size, and Shape of the wheels.
  - Tough Terrain.  Yes, the Federal Rancher is made like an off-road vehicle, and has the handling for tough terrains, BUT, if that Rancher gets stuck in a ditch...Son, your stuck.  That Backwheel drive on a Rancher, of a 1-10 scale is about a 4, it is not good for off roading as many people think it is.
- Durability, the durability of a Federal Rancher may be at high, but once flipped, there is a hard chance of reflipping it.
  - The wheels given on the Federal Rancher are made for straights, so if you have to cut a turn for either: PITting someone, or Catching someones ass before they make a sharp turn.  Good luck too you, cause the grip on the Federal Rancher wheels are NOT going to cut it.
- Height, well yeah, the height on the Federal Rancher is very efficent with things, but...What about tight spots?
  - Suspects like to go through places many larger vehicles can't, so they use what is called LVDT - Large Vehicle Destruction Technique.  They may be in something small, such as a Infernus, Cheetah even a NRG or Faggio, but they'll use the small places such as back alleys, sewer drains, and even tunnels, to maneuver throughout SA while wanted, and that Federal Rancher, is NOT going to make it through a back alley of SF, or get through the Cave in Bone County.

-----------

Your lucky thats all I can currently think of, but from my specs, and from knowledge of KNOWING a Federal Rancher, inside AND out, trust me, stick with a PD car and the PD Ranchers....

that was a bit much but i giveup lol

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 19:21:46 pm »
Don't call our Rangers "Ranchers!"  :mad:
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline rex1985

• Citizen
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 23:21:17 pm »
exactly see we dont have any ranchers we need more undercover police vehicles even if they arent ranchers lol

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
  • Follow Me If I Fall Continue Forward
  • Badge-ID: 10 David
  • SA-MP: James_Bowling
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 23:55:45 pm »
exactly see we dont have any ranchers we need more undercover police vehicles even if they arent ranchers lol

The answer is no Please stop bumping this topic.
Retired SA:MP Admin
Retired SWAT Commander
Retired SFPD Captain / Chief

Offline [Rstar]CBFASI

• Citizen
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 00:13:00 am »
I believe that SAPD should have Federal Ranchers ive believed this for a very long time as its covert when behind possible criminal cars freecops/cadets and officers only have 2 unmarked buffalos in lvpd which dont have a blue light or siren i belive this is a very good idea as i hardly see FBI out in there black ones anyway (may be in diffrent timezone from me)
just an idea i guess it will take heavy criticism lol

Actually they wont happen due to abuse by cops to appear to be fbi and yes its been seen in the past, thus ranchers got restricted
Ex ARPD Commisioner
Retired SAPD Chief
Retired SWAT Commander

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 04:47:18 am »
Why do they need Ranchers? Everyone knows what a Rancher looks like so what is the point?
SAPD does not need them, FBI has them and SWAT has them.  That is all who needs them.
They are simply just large SUV's. I don't see why this is an issue. Just paint them a different color and it shouldn't be an issue at all. They don't say "FBI" in bold letters on the side, so I don't see a reason for heavy restriction if used correctly.

@CBFasi: Is there a way to restrict painting them like you did with the FD ones? Maybe PD ones could be white with a black stripe, etc. :cop:

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 05:11:48 am »
Why do they need Ranchers? Everyone knows what a Rancher looks like so what is the point?
SAPD does not need them, FBI has them and SWAT has them.  That is all who needs them.
They are simply just large SUV's. I don't see why this is an issue. Just paint them a different color and it shouldn't be an issue at all. They don't say "FBI" in bold letters on the side, so I don't see a reason for heavy restriction if used correctly.

@CBFasi: Is there a way to restrict painting them like you did with the FD ones? Maybe PD ones could be white with a black stripe, etc. :cop:

PLEASE stop bumping the topic we DONT need ranchers we have PD cars. The answer will most likely be NO so please,
Retired SWAT Commander

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 05:32:35 am »
SAPD does not need them, FBI has them and SWAT has them.  That is all who needs them.

PLEASE stop bumping the topic we DONT need ranchers we have PD cars. The answer will most likely be NO so please,
Bumping? The topic was 5 days old, and I was away during it's creation and discussion. I was making a point, not trolling the topic, so why are you acting so angrily towards me?

Also, I never said we needed them, I said I don't see why they'd be an issue. Please re-read my post.

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2010, 08:25:46 am »
They're slow, sluggish and huge. Use PD cars.

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2010, 18:10:07 pm »
They're slow, sluggish and huge. Use PD cars.

QUOTE buy Print

Ranchers are meant to be heavily armed and stocked vehicles ((RP terms)) the pd does not need them.
Retired SWAT Commander

Offline Cane

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: AR0964
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2010, 18:16:09 pm »
Roadblocks. 'nuff said.
Served 2008~2012

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2010, 21:46:26 pm »
Roadblocks. 'nuff said.

Not needed 'nuff said.
Retired SWAT Commander

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 11:06:14 am »
Not necessarily. You could easily use them for detectives in RP's. Doesn't mean they have to have any special abilities. They'd be just like the regular PD ranchers, except unmarked and longer.

Offline StatuZ

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #1809
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 12:15:02 pm »
Not necessarily. You could easily use them for detectives in RP's. Doesn't mean they have to have any special abilities. They'd be just like the regular PD ranchers, except unmarked and longer.

Detective like things, Bomb squad (White vehicle?!!?), vehicle with tacticle equipment for things like MVA's to see what happened. Good for roadblocks too. Wish they could fly.

3x Meritorious Service Medal
1x Community Policing Medal
1x Police Life-Saving Medal
1x Police Star

Sago

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 13:26:35 pm »
1. Squad cars
2. Teamwork
3. ????
4. Profit

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 19:46:28 pm »
maybe we should have a petition to so who is for having federal ranchers as SAPD vehicles

No One because it is retarded!!!

FEDERAL RANCHERS = Federal Used = FBI + SWAT = Federal

Federal Ranchers = Federal Used /=/ SAPD

FEDERAL RANCHERS Not SAPD
Retired SWAT Commander

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2010, 20:01:28 pm »
Roadblocks. 'nuff said.
Ok, let's give rhinos for SAPD, so they can peform roadblocks.

Offline Cane

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: AR0964
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2010, 21:11:32 pm »
Roadblocks. 'nuff said.
Ok, let's give rhinos for SAPD, so they can peform roadblocks.
OMFG DO IT
Served 2008~2012

Offline [Rstar]CBFASI

• Citizen
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2010, 21:12:49 pm »
LOCKED before I get annoyed.... opps TOO LATE  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Ex ARPD Commisioner
Retired SAPD Chief
Retired SWAT Commander

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal