| Date: 01-10-24  Time: 11:37 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 226
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Report to Leader (discussion)  (Read 7215 times)

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
  • Badge-ID: #P49
Report to Leader (discussion)
« on: July 16, 2010, 15:35:17 pm »
After reading the rules, I noticed that you now must have RP evidence to report a cop.

Link to the rules.

Now, here's the thing;
1,3. You can NOT report someone if you died in the same roleplay.
Let's say that someone found your camera. The tape shows a cop beating you to death. Can you still report him?
Signed by: Thomas 'Leroy' Crof

Offline Alan Demarest

• Citizen
Re: Report to Leader (discussion)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 15:58:01 pm »
After reading the rules, I noticed that you now must have RP evidence to report a cop.

Link to the rules.

Now, here's the thing;
1,3. You can NOT report someone if you died in the same roleplay.
Let's say that someone found your camera. The tape shows a cop beating you to death. Can you still report him?

I doubt a cop would kill you and then just leave you in the open with your camera. If you did gather RP evidence, THEN died, ask the cop if you can have someone else find the evidence. As the cop might have destroyed it in RP afterwards.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 17:15:20 pm »

I think if someone is reported with none RP evidence, it should be enough reason to start an RP investigation into that player to monitor them - which can entertain some interesting play.

I also think it makes sense (to avoid silly arguements) that the officers in question are smart enough to destroy bad evidence  :redface:, but I give the idea above to make it fair. 

LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline ElMartu

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 22:43:41 pm »
If you ask me, the example with somebody finding your camera you brought up is a lame excuse to avoid the rule Alan made.

Offline Jason J. Dilworth

• Citizen
  • Watch your six
  • Badge-ID: #139
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 23:13:43 pm »
Please note that, flaming in roleplay situation is allowed.

Offline Salmonella

• [VC:MP] SWAT Commander
  • Citizen
  • MIR NACH!
    • Skype - salmonellaabe
  • Badge-ID: #VC0004
  • SA-MP: =AV=Salmonella
  • VC:MP: =AV=Salmonella
  • IV:MP: [AV]Salmonella
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 13:02:35 pm »
Since when does Senior Officer Alan Demarast make the rules :S ?

Also, if some cop abuses the /suspect command and then /q's how am i supposed to make a roleplay out of it, i would just report him, RP or not.  I disagree with the by Alan Demarast implented rule system

Offline Alan Demarest

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 13:07:43 pm »

Also, if some cop abuses the /suspect command and then /q's how am i supposed to make a roleplay out of it, i would just report him, RP or not.  I disagree with the by Alan Demarast implented rule system

Pancher asked me to make it, so yeah.

Offline Salmonella

• Citizen
  • MIR NACH!
    • Skype - salmonellaabe
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 13:18:25 pm »

Pancher asked me to make it, so yeah.
Can't imagine how he would ask such a thing but ok. Still i disagree with the rule, There should be an allowance of reporting OOC deeds within the ARPD.

Offline Ben Samiir

• Citizen
  • Oscars Best Police chaser '09
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 13:48:36 pm »

Also, if some cop abuses the /suspect command and then /q's how am i supposed to make a roleplay out of it, i would just report him, RP or not.  I disagree with the by Alan Demarast implented rule system

Well when you /su it will be saved in the MDC. After checking the MDC logs we can find out that the cop abused his power. In RP when a cop suspect a guy. The only way to know the guy is wanted is by checking the MDC. So there will be always a trace of his suspection.

Medals = X10 = X7
:ps: code H.O.O.T.C.H.I.E.

Offline Husky

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 14:18:02 pm »

dude, read the rules again, and you will realize that you can report non-roleplay rulebreak too -.- also read it was requested by pancher, and your "since when blablah" sounds really annoying, learn to read carefully before post such things....

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 14:24:38 pm »
  If cops do something wrong, like RP corruption (but still RP), then there should be RP evidence against them. SAPD supports good roleplay. If cops want to RP a bad cop, we should use our RP investigation skills to punish them. If otherwise, it means SAPD is not supporting alternative cop RP, which is bad.

It makes sense that if the offence is non RP related and infringing server rules, then the appropriate punishment is given since as a professional organisation SAPD supports good players who support the community - and those who do not support the community and break rules are not concerned with RP anyway.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 14:24:55 pm »

Since when is Senior Officer Salmonella, former sergeant who was demoted, allowed to criticize others, hm?

At least now officers can be punished for shit roleplay skills.

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
  • Badge-ID: #P49
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 15:36:07 pm »
Since when is Senior Officer Salmonella, former sergeant who was demoted, allowed to criticize others, hm?
Everyone is free to criticize others, as long as it's constructional (?) criticism...

And Oliver, I just wanted to point this out before a case happens with the "found camera" :)
Signed by: Thomas 'Leroy' Crof

Offline Salmonella

• Citizen
  • MIR NACH!
    • Skype - salmonellaabe
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 15:41:19 pm »
This is a discussion, Husky, Olliver, that gives me the right to state my opinions in critizising or w/e way as long as it's not rulebreak.

Well when you /su it will be saved in the MDC. After checking the MDC logs we can find out that the cop abused his power. In RP when a cop suspect a guy. The only way to know the guy is wanted is by checking the MDC. So there will be always a trace of his suspection.
Yes but we still can't report them for it in the report to leader section

Offline Husky

• Citizen
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 16:11:17 pm »
This is a discussion, Husky, Olliver, that gives me the right to state my opinions in critizising or w/e way as long as it's not rulebreak.

Yes but we still can't report them for it in the report to leader section

Dude you make too many critiques and most of them are arrogant, and you wonred why people dont like you, by your critiques you provoke them and piss them off....  i repeat you again think before posting, or you'll just get alot of people against you becouse your critiques..

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 16:38:47 pm »
I have a question,

We have two situations, they're exactly the same.

A SAPD cop tortures a civillian, for example.

We supose the reporter has RP evidence and Non RP evidence

What kind of evidence will be taken more serious? in which case the cop will have more chances to be fired?

Offline Salmonella

• Citizen
  • MIR NACH!
    • Skype - salmonellaabe
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 17:00:13 pm »
Dude you make too many critiques and most of them are arrogant, and you wonred why people dont like you, by your critiques you provoke them and piss them off....  i repeat you again think before posting, or you'll just get alot of people against you becouse your critiques..
I state what i want, people have the right to dislike, their choise. But let's return to the subject please?

Offline Kenny

• Citizen
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 17:23:19 pm »

Husky you gotta understand alot of people who do these kind of stuff are not even 15
Retired Captain..

Offline Salmonella

• Citizen
  • MIR NACH!
    • Skype - salmonellaabe
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 17:24:54 pm »

Husky you gotta understand alot of people who do these kind of stuff are not even 15
Like you? jeez.. leave age out of this..

Offline Leroy Hudson

• [SA:MP] Retired Chief
  • Citizen
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 18:37:08 pm »

Like you? jeez.. leave age out of this..

Still, you cannot assume Alan made these up by himself. He had Pancher permission, it doesn't matter what rank he is, he has the knowledge to do what he can, to improve the department, so be it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal