| Date: 28-09-24  Time: 15:24 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 271
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: A Possible Solution to Lack of Firepower.  (Read 4771 times)

Offline Joseph_Allen

• [SA:MP] EX SAPD Senior Officer
  • Citizen
  • A Sane Man
A Possible Solution to Lack of Firepower.
« on: August 14, 2010, 14:52:04 pm »
As we all know, criminals nowadays are better equipped to combat our armed response. Normally, we see civilians strutting around with a Desert Eagle or an AK, M4 or Combat. With only our standard issue Desert Eagles for retaliation, we find ourselves outgunned against such superior equipment. We are only allowed heavier guns when a massive operation is undertaken. Be it a massive Code 30/ Code Purple, a Code 207 RED or otherwise. With this going on, some Officers are having problems trying to apprehend suspects who can easily ventilate them with such superior equipment and have complained about it.

Some solutions to this maybe:

1.) Buying your own guns: Yes, the most common way to combat this threat. Of course, the limitations for this would be one's own bank account. (In my case, I don't do this option unless it is something large.) And for some, if not all Officers, this is a pain because money they could have spent otherwise on other things are spent on trying to be at level with their more adequately equipped adversaries.

2.) Sharing guns with other Officers: Giving is better than receiving right? But in this case, the limitation is the same as in No. 1.

3.) Possible script: It has been called on countless times, but everytime it has been proposed it shot down on grounds of being unfair to suspects who have to buy their expensive equipment while police get it for free.
 The main argument here is: "Why should Police get free M4s? They already have free Desert Eagles, we have to buy our own. Not to mention they can return to scene and they're a lot more in number than us*"

* On the last argument: Well, at least that's what I think

I propose a solution to this problem. It too is a script, but one with limitations:

Script: Free M4s and Combats
Command: Whatever the scripters think is necessary. (I want the command as /moardakka)
Execution: Do it like the script for /buyweapon or /mdc where you pick from a list.
What does it do?: Gives the one giving the command access to guns, specifically M4s and Combats.
Where can you do this Command? : Any 4 Wheeled PD Vehicle. Just go to the trunk and type the command.
Limits:
1.) ONLY Officers+ onwards can access this command.**
2.) Officers will only be issued a set amount of ammunition. (250 - 300 for M4 and 70 - 160 for Combats)**
3.) The command has a "cooldown" feature. The Officer will have to wait a set amount of time before he can re-arm himself. (45 Minutes to 1 Hour IRL)**
4.) The Officer can only access this feature on the trunk of a 4 Wheeled PD Vehicle. (Cruiser, Ranger, what have you.)**

** Can be modified as the Command/Scripter warrants.

Statements:
- I would have added a feature where an Officer would have to ask permission, but then the system would be reliant on High Ranking Officers and they're not always available
- Please feel free to criticize, review, give comments on this subject. I will try to entertain them to the best I can and I will try to modifiy the parameters as the higher-ups warrant.
- Please do not flame in this topic. Leave all prejudice at the door as this is a serious topic and I want both cops and criminals to confidently say that this is fair.
- Please do not shot down this topic because it will be abused. Give it a chance. I'm personally asking criminals to give their thoughts on this.

Offline Boozman

• [Retired] Academy Chief
  • Citizen
  • "Summum ius, summa iniuria"
Re: A Possible Solution to Lack of Firepower.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 15:59:14 pm »
M4's and Combat's are usually given out on in situations where ALL Officers are in need of heavy fire power.
I see no point in the Police getting free heavy weapons at their disposal.

Former LSPD Lieutenant, Academy Chief, Application Manager, SWAT Team Leader
Served August 10th, 2009 - June 10th, 2011;

Awards Achieved
Meritorious Service Medal x4
Community Policing Medal x1
Cadet of the Month (August '09)
The Vincent A. Vice 'Pat-on-the-Back' Award x1

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 16:17:55 pm »
M4's and Combat's are usually given out on in situations where ALL Officers are in need of heavy fire power.
I see no point in the Police getting free heavy weapons at their disposal.

+1

Use the fact that you outnumber criminals to your advantage - if you can't handle it, call SWAT. Do not say 'BUT THEYS NOT ALWAYS AVAILABLE', we have at least 3-4 members on at all times, those members can always contact me on MSN (I'm always on MSN) and if they fail to respond feel free to report them to a commanding SWAT officer.

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 16:39:35 pm »
give the cops combat shotgun as duty equiment, we'll solve alot of problems  :drunk:

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
  • Follow Me If I Fall Continue Forward
  • Badge-ID: 10 David
  • SA-MP: James_Bowling
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 17:34:44 pm »
People we dont have any problems... Buy heavy guns or give to other officers... I find myself using deagle a lot more than I use combat and m4 because it is the most powerful and gives more dammage... All you have to do is grow a pair and use deagle better

From Boozma

Man Up and use your deagle
Retired SA:MP Admin
Retired SWAT Commander
Retired SFPD Captain / Chief

Offline Boozman

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 17:35:48 pm »
People we dont have any problems... Buy heavy guns or give to other officers... I find myself using deagle a lot more than I use combat and m4 because it is the most powerful and gives more dammage... All you have to do is grow a pair and use deagle better

From Boozma

Haha, when did I say that?
I remember saying that, But don't remember when x.x

Awards Achieved

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 17:40:09 pm »

From Boozma

About 2-3 months back when I use to always use SMG on running suspects. I only use SMG for drive by now and SWAT usually its just deagle and combat.
Retired SWAT Commander

Offline Boozman

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 17:42:25 pm »

From Boozma

About 2-3 months back when I use to always use SMG on running suspects. I only use SMG for drive by now and SWAT usually its just deagle and combat.
lol

Awards Achieved

Offline Mac_Cabrazi

• Citizen
  • This is the coolest badge in the world
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 17:53:48 pm »
No matter what guns the opposition has whether it be combat shotgun, m4, blah blah blah the deagle is the best gun in GTA SA.  Its all you need tbh

Offline Joseph_Allen

• Citizen
  • A Sane Man
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 18:02:09 pm »
So that's how it is then? Shot down before it even gets off the ground... Ahh well since even veteran Police are objecting, I see no point in continuing. Requesting Topic Lock.

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 18:06:15 pm »
So that's how it is then? Shot down before it even gets off the ground... Ahh well since even veteran Police are objecting, I see no point in continuing. Requesting Topic Lock.

No we are not saying give up... We are just saying in our opinion we already have the best guns... Its just people need to learn how to use them correctly.
Retired SWAT Commander

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 18:06:41 pm »
Of course, deagle is the best gun, which is why some cops buy combat :P

Offline Mac_Cabrazi

• Citizen
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 18:12:17 pm »
We should have some sort of shooting training for people if they don't know how to lag shoot and stuff and how to properly use their duty guns

Offline Squeak

• Citizen
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 20:43:49 pm »
If you can't take down one armored, combat shotgun-wielding suspect with a deagle, you deserve to die.
LSPD Officer

Sago

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 22:19:56 pm »
We should have some sort of shooting training for people if they don't know how to lag shoot and stuff and how to properly use their duty guns

Go on a dm server

Offline Mac_Cabrazi

• Citizen
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 22:21:47 pm »
i'm not the one who needs training though  :redface:

Offline StatuZ

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #1809
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 23:38:27 pm »
If our officers train a bit harder, and cooperate they can go a long way.

Training & Co-operation is not only better aim and firepower, its also more intimidating towards the public, and improves RP possibilities. Why use lethal force if you can beat em up with a baton?

3x Meritorious Service Medal
1x Community Policing Medal
1x Police Life-Saving Medal
1x Police Star

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 00:55:36 am »
Best solution, Teamwork, as stated by StatuZ

There must be something that enforces this.

Offline Pepper

• SOUTHLAND
  • Citizen
  • Protect & Serve
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 01:13:41 am »
tactics

nuff said.

i've taken down two bow zoes with combat with my deagle.
L.A.P.D
Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp. These guys comin' out of prison - they're buff, been on drugs. You do what they teach you in the academy, you will die. Knucklehead wants to take your gun, so if it's you or some 300-pound naked guy on PCP, you take his ass down any way you can - you ride with me, you back your badge.

Offline Joseph_Allen

• Citizen
  • A Sane Man
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 06:55:43 am »

No we are not saying give up... We are just saying in our opinion we already have the best guns... Its just people need to learn how to use them correctly.

I was tired. And slightly depressed.

I don't know about the best guns thing, but I guess it's up to the wielder. D:

If you can't take down one armored, combat shotgun-wielding suspect with a deagle, you deserve to die.

It would be a helluva lot easier to take down one if I didn't have 300+ ping. And not all people are DM machines like you. I barely scratch a suspect like that, forcing me to desperately call for backup whilst that criminal is trying to ventilate me.

If our officers train a bit harder, and cooperate they can go a long way.

Training & Co-operation is not only better aim and firepower, its also more intimidating towards the public, and improves RP possibilities. Why use lethal force if you can beat em up with a baton?

It would be the case if some Officers didn't pull out their guns willy-nilly on suspects. Same goes for some suspects.

Best solution, Teamwork, as stated by StatuZ

There must be something that enforces this.

There isn't. You can go solo or with a partner. I don't like partners because most of the time I get stuck with "moneycops". I'm guessing you've been to many a massive C30 so you know how messy it gets when you call for backup.

I know how to lagshoot. Just so happens my connection is so bad that shooting a suspect requires more compensation than your average player. The problem here is establishing a distance at which to compensate for the lag. With the rush of a gunfight going on, there isn't much time to establish that. Different players have different pings, thereby requiring them to have their own compensations.

tactics

nuff said.

i've taken down two bow zoes with combat with my deagle.

Once again, tactics aren't enough without skills. We have equipment to compensate for that. Once again, not all cops are walking DM machines.

Go on a DM server

You know, I've tried that a few times. Can't say my interest lasted very long. (My tactics are mostly jetpacks, long - range fighting, and rushing with Akimbo Tecs.)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal