| Date: 29-09-24  Time: 17:40 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 304
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: [SA] Over-complicated and unessecary bullshit.  (Read 8167 times)

Offline Gird3r

• Citizen
[SA] Over-complicated and unessecary bullshit.
« on: September 02, 2010, 20:05:16 pm »
In MTA:VC you did not have to use som f**king codes. You told the suspect to surrender. Did he not we blasted the ass full with SHotgun pellets.

Here's more of the IRL bs the state requires an cop to do in SA:

Reports
Reporting way to much stuff
Codes and more codes

Not to mention we get an f**king deagle that can never hit the suspect (Say hi to suspects with over 300 ping).
And while the suspect can stand there and talk shit and shoot us dead before we even had /sus.

And if we do defend ourself, Hurray an 1000$ penalty... Menawhile the civilian can go rambo if they wish, it's not like they get any serious penalty for that (Yo it's rp you can't really say I was deathmatching yo)

Remove the f**king penalty. Or make it smaller.
Simplify the codes (if these are really necessary for your over-complicated RP). There's over 50 of these goddamn codes.

f**k that shit, if an civilian can go rambo with his shit i'm going to not sus the asshole. I'm going to defend myself (as stated in the cop law shit) and kill him. Wasting 5-20 sec to type an backupp message is enough to die. Or for the suspect to get away (another retarded thing. How short is that f**king sus range anyways?)

I'm sick and tired of cop hunter and idiots who (Yo imma rob you and kill you and you gotta waste 5 sec to type an sus so you won't loose 1000$ each time yo.

Oh btw 10-7. Because the codes is just 50 ish that you need to remember. Ha ha. I mean I really understand what the f**k cops are talking about when I see: U78A75B87B87 202 In Ganton Code 3.

The guides that are now does what feels like an half-assed job to explain stuff. Ie when do you use Code 1 for example.

In general, being an cop in SA is over-complicated bullshit. God forbid if you have taken this bs to MTA:VC too. To few examples, To complicated codes, and bad conditions for free cops.... Not to mention shitty weapons for freecop, as I said. Suspects mostly lagg so f**king bad that the deagle aint gonna hit them no matter where on the screen you aim.
Donuts.
Sandvich.

I love them so much.

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
  • Follow Me If I Fall Continue Forward
  • Badge-ID: 10 David
  • SA-MP: James_Bowling
Re: [SA] Over-complicated and unessecary bullshit.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 20:09:36 pm »
So Your here because..... Really I see a list of complaints and not one solution so.... why are you here if you are so distraught?
Retired SA:MP Admin
Retired SWAT Commander
Retired SFPD Captain / Chief

Offline Bert

• Ex D.P.D. Sheriff
  • Citizen
  • A.K.A. BKP
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 20:28:01 pm »
No one said you must use the codes
BKP

Offline JayL

• MTA:SA Division Leader
  • Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 20:35:48 pm »
In my opinion, codes are only useful when you don't have time to type. And I don't use them really much because some people usually get confused with all the numbers etcetera, and I think about the new players too. And if by ''reporting way too much stuff'' you mean reporting what you're doing on the radio, well I don't see what do you have to report so much. When you're out on patrol you simply send a short message in /r reporting it. And if something's going on. That's not too much.

I do agree however that codes like 10-2, 10-3, 10-7 and 10-8 (your color name already indicates you're on duty, so why do you need to keep saying it?), 10-53 and 10-56 are totally useless and could be removed.

ARPD is meant to work with simple techniques, not complicated ones.
Chief of Police Jay Lincoln
San Fierro Police Department

Offline Gird3r

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 20:43:13 pm »
No but they are supposed to make it "easier".

Also, being an cop is the only thing that pays some noticeable money.

For example having to do 400 taxi drives to earn enough for an decent 4 door car.
I'm such an lucky shit that I won an event and got 20k, because it would have taken me 200 customers to amass that amount of money. And you maybe get to drive at maxium 10 people per day. Oh wait 20 days to get 20k in an game? No shit sherlocks.

No wonder people are complaining about freecops when they learn jack shit about the job. They are really going to learn 50 codes instantly so they can know what you officers are talking about.

Really got time to /sus when civilian is killing me. I should be able to sus without dying in 2 sec.... Wait should get armor. Oh wait it costs 2000$ and I have to drive 20 customers to get that. Not to mention the money-hungry dick heads who own said ammunation that charges like 300$ for you to enter the damn shop.

TL;DR I want to see an extremly detailed guide for freecops extra mega ultra super noob friendly (almost any situation explained), and justice. (penalty for defending yourself is the gayest thing ever.)  

Donuts.
Sandvich.

I love them so much.

Offline Travis Colt

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: SF36
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 20:45:43 pm »
I partly understand your writings, Gird3r.

It's hard to get known of all the codes, espescially if you have not much time to play Argonath or simply don't really like to study them. On the other hand, they improve the communication for the police squad very well. Of course, if you don't understand what '10-7' stands for, i can see that it's really hard to communicate with others.

I think the best solution to that problem is that you write the codes down, so you can lookup them whenever you might need them. As time passes you will get the hang of them more and more and in the end you can use and understand them too.
Of course, it's just an advise, you are free to do in this case whatever you desire too, it's just a recommendation to help you with the problem you experience.

I suppose you don't really have to keep up with all kind of reports, if you simply like to stay an officer all you are required to do is be active on the forum, read the forum trough, handle as a good officer ingame and enjoy the game!

As for suspects, treat them how you think it's the best to treat them. My method is mostly negotiating, wich works surprisingly better then shooting. I, other officers nor the suspect gets killed if everything goes fine, wich is in my opinion, a waaay better ending then a pinglagg shootout wich can only result in bad experiences and eventually insults towards other members from your or the opposing side.

I hope my words might be of any use for you, as i can understand your frustration. SAPD is another way of working then the MTA VC method, but for myself i don't think it's nescessarily bad. It's just different.

Kind Regards
- RyanC.
To protect and to serve

2x Meritorious Medal

1x Community Policing

Offline Jason J. Dilworth

• Citizen
  • Watch your six
  • Badge-ID: #139
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 21:50:18 pm »
Get the hell out of here moaner, seriously. Codes are part of the police, just like in IRL.
 :ps: Deagle is the best weapon, and beats combat shotgun big time.

Offline Gird3r

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 21:51:15 pm »
And there's the problem. To much IRL in an frickin game is never good.
Donuts.
Sandvich.

I love them so much.

Offline Bianconeri

• Citizen
  • ex-LT., ex-Academy Chief, ex-AV Developer
  • SA-MP: Bianconeri
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 21:53:58 pm »
Well i dont support your view fully Gird3r!

at first:
dont blame the deagle, with the right skills its a very powerfull weapon also against lagger(if you know where to shoot)
blame yourself, not the weapon!

secondly:
codes are very easy and save time, also realistic.
that you dont know them is not the fault of the codes.

I do agree with your view at criminals nowadays, they just come in to rambo you,
scream on mainchat how much cop killing spree they got, cop hunting all the time.
also they just rush in with the lame noob guns(the shotguns). removing shotguns would be great, you will get shoot-outs and all.
instead of rambo cops and criminals
Proud ex Lieutenant - SAPD Examiner - Head of SAPD Academy

Proud ARPD 10 times medal holder

Offline Gird3r

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 22:21:39 pm »

at first:
dont blame the deagle, with the right skills its a very powerfull weapon also against lagger(if you know where to shoot)
blame yourself, not the weapon! No, the deagle is complete shit against any player who got more than 100 ping. Oh wait most players have atleast 200 ping anyways... It is strong, but completly worthless against any lagger. And don't start on lagg shooting, because that I have already tried and has never worked. Those with over 150 ping can consider themself being in near godmode against any 1 shot non automatic guns (you can aim as good as you want, but you will still miss 90% of the deagle shots mainly because the lagg is frickin lame.). (Pistols mainly. Spray and pray like ak-47 or M14 is wonderfull with lagg-shooting sicne you can lead better. But tell me an free-cop who can shell out money for an ak-47?

secondly:
codes are very easy and save time, also realistic. Realistic yes, Easy to learn. No. U45A65 Market, los santos 30 Code 1 Is not going to tell an freecop anything expect some wierd ass code. We did not need that crap in MTA:VC. And no it's not mainly the remember everyf**king code problem. It's that the description for them is kinda Useless, says what it means but not really what it means anyways (again to few examples).

I do agree with your view at criminals nowadays, they just come in to rambo you,
scream on mainchat how much cop killing spree they got, cop hunting all the time.
also they just rush in with the lame noob guns(the shotguns). This I agree on, Especially the automatic one who got 7 slots. Should be removed. It's such an lame weapon. Covers an wide range, fast amount of fire and kills on 2 shots... removing shotguns would be great, you will get shoot-outs and all.

Answers in the quote.
Donuts.
Sandvich.

I love them so much.

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 22:27:39 pm »
Gird3r, there is something you must learn:

You may never compare MTA:VC to SA:MP. They are different worlds with different players, different scripts, different attitudes.

It is not easy adapt to SA:MP when you're from MTA:VC, i still suffer the effects and i'm still in adapt process, even through with all the years played on SA:MP.

Here's my advice fellow old player, do not sit down and start complaining, trust me, it will not work.

Offline Boozman

• [Retired] Academy Chief
  • Citizen
  • "Summum ius, summa iniuria"
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 22:41:01 pm »
Yeah, Maybe we should just get rid of our codes, then we can call for help like this:
"Officer in Danger in Idlewood, be advised that we have multiple heavy armed suspects, might be heavy gang related activity" while in comat.

And while were at it lets remove police laws and proceedures and such, all because one player has a problem ajusting.

Indeed, wonderful idea, sir.

Former LSPD Lieutenant, Academy Chief, Application Manager, SWAT Team Leader
Served August 10th, 2009 - June 10th, 2011;

Awards Achieved
Meritorious Service Medal x4
Community Policing Medal x1
Cadet of the Month (August '09)
The Vincent A. Vice 'Pat-on-the-Back' Award x1

Offline Travis Colt

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: SF36
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 23:16:29 pm »
Yeah, Maybe we should just get rid of our codes, then we can call for help like this:
"Officer in Danger in Idlewood, be advised that we have multiple heavy armed suspects, might be heavy gang related activity" while in comat.

And while were at it lets remove police laws and proceedures and such, all because one player has a problem ajusting.

Indeed, wonderful idea, sir.

He didnt mean it that way i suppose.
To protect and to serve

2x Meritorious Medal

1x Community Policing

Offline Mac_Cabrazi

• Citizen
  • This is the coolest badge in the world
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 23:32:35 pm »

at first:
blame yourself, not the weapon! No, the deagle is complete shit against any player who got more than 100 ping. Oh wait most players have atleast 200 ping anyways... It is strong, but completly worthless against any lagger. And don't start on lagg shooting, because that I have already tried and has never worked. Those with over 150 ping can consider themself being in near godmode against any 1 shot non automatic guns (you can aim as good as you want, but you will still miss 90% of the deagle shots mainly because the lagg is frickin lame.). (Pistols mainly. Spray and pray like ak-47 or M14 is wonderfull with lagg-shooting sicne you can lead better. But tell me an free-cop who can shell out money for an ak-47?

secondly:
codes are very easy and save time, also realistic. Realistic yes, Easy to learn. No. U45A65 Market, los santos 30 Code 1 Is not going to tell an freecop anything expect some wierd ass code. We did not need that crap in MTA:VC. And no it's not mainly the remember everyf**king code problem. It's that the description for them is kinda Useless, says what it means but not really what it means anyways (again to few examples).

also they just rush in with the lame noob guns(the shotguns). This I agree on, Especially the automatic one who got 7 slots. Should be removed. It's such an lame weapon. Covers an wide range, fast amount of fire and kills on 2 shots... removing shotguns would be great, you will get shoot-outs and all.

Answers in the quote.

First of all if you can't beat someone with a deagle even over 100 ping you f**king fail at shooting.  Deagle is the best weapon in GTA SA it can defeat anyone.  Even 300+ ping people I've done and so have many others.  It takes time to master it completely. 

Second :Codes, they are extremely easy to learn not that hard.  The ARPD only uses a small percentage of the codes listen in Hank's guide.  No one uses 10-53 or 10-50 or any of that the only codes you will see is stull like 10-7, 10-8, code 30 and little more.  Its like only 10 codes you have to know that hard.  It saves time and its ten times easier. 

Third: I agree with you actually on this of how criminals think its a huge honor killing cops.

Offline Boozman

• [Retired] Academy Chief
  • Citizen
  • "Summum ius, summa iniuria"
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 23:37:15 pm »
He didnt mean it that way i suppose.
I get what he is trying to say. But there is a much larger difference in a server with 125 people a day and a server with 10 people a day.
More shootouts, more players, more duties to perform as an Officers.

Code's make things easier on everyone who knows them. Sure, it can be a pain in the ass to learn them, tough shit.
But you cannot tell me that you cannot remember a few basic codes just to get the point across in the radio.

Former LSPD Lieutenant, Academy Chief, Application Manager, SWAT Team Leader
Served August 10th, 2009 - June 10th, 2011;

Awards Achieved
Meritorious Service Medal x4
Community Policing Medal x1
Cadet of the Month (August '09)
The Vincent A. Vice 'Pat-on-the-Back' Award x1

Offline Gird3r

• Citizen
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 23:42:31 pm »
Gird3r, there is something you must learn:

You may never compare MTA:VC to SA:MP. They are different worlds with different players, different scripts, different attitudes.

It is not easy adapt to SA:MP when you're from MTA:VC, i still suffer the effects and i'm still in adapt process, even through with all the years played on SA:MP.

Here's my advice fellow old player, do not sit down and start complaining, trust me, it will not work.

The only difference between the two games are Playersize, bigger map and some animations. Is it really needed to apply an entire divison with branches like an f**kin tree.

Once again, we did not need codes, we did it perfectly fine on mta:Vc with 32 players. There's like 90 players on avarage ingame on argonath sa:MP each day. Do you really need codes (and an IRL like ruling cop division tree) because there are 58 more players?

And also, MTA:VC weapon sync (The lagg part) pwns SA:MP anytime. SA:MP developers must smoke crack when they are trying to fix lagg issues, having 90-150 ping on an 10/10 Mbit connection is extremly unacceptable, MTA:VC is like 5 years old now and I had around 100 ping on there on full server with an connection of 0,5 mbit connection

Boozman, I'd rather have that than having to go to forum and read for 2 extra min just to know wtf you guys are talking about in code form.

Bah f**k this, cop work has never been rewarding anyways, it was not in MTA:VC (But it was way easier and the odds was more 50/50 better because of pre-defined weapons, sa-mp giving you more control over weapons is shit and creates unbalance (Deagle freecop vs Automatic shotgun + armor anyone??!).

And still, working as an freecop is bullshit. Seriosly I bet that all of you who got those mp5 etc have never used the deagle since reaching that designated rank to get them free because you realise how shitty the deagle it is for chasing suspects, since they lagg most of the time.

Also RyanC got the point.

The system is over-complicated. Not (f**k it needs all removing), did you see me saying "Remove it all"? NO.

And yhe I see the attidude of SA:MP players. "f**k yo dog I can dm heres it's rp lol. OCC bullshit and f**king bullcrap."

We did never have any of these problems in mta:vc. No one "Yo givve me everything yo got or i killx you even if you dont want to lolol". We handled it fine.
LOLOL A56B87 Reporting to Starfish Islan code shit in my ass and choose an random number. We handled it fine.

Tell me, does 58 more players warrant an need for making up this complicated code system? Yes it provides roleplay but you shut out every single one who are new as cops.

IF this system was "omg lul awesome it works", then why are players complaining about it? Why are they whining about Freecops?

Because I and those other freecops got no f**king idea on what to do.

You "seniors" was put in charge for an reason. Sure I appreciate "how bla bla code guide", but it's to much to learn. Not to mention when I read that topic it's like looking at an stonewall, you see the examples but you don't see beyond them and into the situations....

"First of all if you can't beat someone with a deagle even over 100 ping you f**king fail at shooting"

When you have aimed on thier body, infront of them, have them run against you and shot, walk etc and not take damage. I would not say I got an problem with aiming. Hell even had an criminal standing still unloading bullets of shotgun on me, and I shoot one bullet in his stomach, him standign perfectly still and it did not hit. That, is what I call an epic failure on lagg, and not aiming problems. I actually killed one guy by aiming 2 metres ahead of him, and it was an lucky shot. Aiming 2 metres into thin air infront of target is not aiming, and is an problem caused by the shitty sync sa:Mp is using. If thier f**king code would work as intended then I would not be having an ping of 90, I would be having an ping of maxium 40...

Deagle is powerfull, but it relies on luck due to players lagging so f**king bad. Aiming at thier body when they are running won't help for jack shit, you gotta aim like 2 cm (on the screen" ahead of them, and even then they might change direction suddenly, rendering them immune to everything pistol based or not Automatic based, thanks to retard lagg).

Donuts.
Sandvich.

I love them so much.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 00:46:55 am »
  Hehe, Girder, I can understand some of your frustrations, and to be honest it was a pretty entertaining read.

There are a lot of styles of cop roleplay, however because of the many players in ArgoSAMP you will notice they follow the same trends - most cops are RPing realish cops with codes and such.

I have been in SAPD for 3 years and don't know hardly any of the codes. I think codes are pretty boring way of expressing a situation. I also don't know much of the SAPD laws, my cop RP involves being the Sheriff of a small town, going round drinking whiskey and chopping criminals up with a sword, and generally being a somewhat racist (but completely fair and offensive's), alcoholic Sheriff. So if you wanna be a cop and have a decent time with it (and I pay my partners well too) please come patrol with me sometime - I will show another side to being a cop that isn't dull and robotlike.

About the criminals. Unfortunately there is a lot of discrimination to freecops. There are shitty criminals but there are (although rarer) decent criminals who will roleplay with cops. The more you play the more you can notice who they are.

As for shooting and lag. I don't shoot much, I have guns to look scary and give to other cops who are better at shooting. In close combat I will use a sword (none of that pepperdeodorant) and if i think im gonna get killed I run away and drink some whiskey. I try go after the criminals that are more likely to pay a fine or go to jail :D

Anyway point of my post is, try not give up on SAMP just yet :)

Ps. Maybe copy your post to SAMP Ideas in the Argo forums?!

LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Mac_Cabrazi

• Citizen
  • This is the coolest badge in the world
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 02:35:08 am »
This system has been in place for a long ass time.  You think just because you are complaining about it that it's going to change?  Pro tip: Don't like the SAPD ARPD system? Go join the MTA VCPD or something. 

Offline Gird3r

• Citizen
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 03:26:29 am »
Ya i'd go join the mta:vc server. Oh wait, SA:MP "stole" our players. I could aswell pretend i'm an cop in single player.  :cool:

Sometimes I'd wish'd to go against aragorn and say **** you to him for supporting expansion to SA:MP. But I would get an ban for that because "No one denies aragorn his cookies".  :lol:

And sure, if Argonath had not expanded into SA:MP we might not have grow so fast and so much, but hell we would have had an active mta:vc server.

You spoiled SAPD/civilian brats (around 3/4 of the sa:mp server know nothing about the good times and "real" rp we had, we had /me and /sus  and an brain, nothing else was really needed...)  :gandalf:

MTA:VC placed the ground stone for rpging. And what did we get in return? Spoiled players who f**ked everything up with OOC and shit everywhere.
You basicly took the basic idea, "Lol look at IRL inspiration and let's monkey imitate it". added pepper to it, and ruined an cake that was already perfect.

f**k this I want an timemachine so I can screw back time 4 years and visit the time when Argonath really was only /me and brains and fun. And to say hi to the old forgotten friends... Friends who I role-played with oldschool in Downtown Vice City. Who I glitch-hunted with and shared epic donuts with.
I remember an dude saying "Nah chill guys they will visit SA:MP opening for like 2 weeks maybe and then come back and visit often :) "

Yhe right, 5 months later Decline in activity on mta:vc was already showing...
I now know why people left mta:vc, but you could still have fun on MTA:VC. There's an reason why MTA:VC has not been closed by Aragorn yet. :)

I wish'd that all the old veterans would gather up and pretend like SA:MP never happened and continue doing the fun that was rp on mta:vc. I lost hope for mta:vc long ago, but I can keep dreaming for an day where all the veterans would be back and rp like good old times. Guess that won't happen since some of the players I adored have moved on.

Aragorn has always been pissed about players like me whining about old times, But don't kid me here, any mta:vc players would be an f**king idiot to tell Argonath that MTA:VC was not cool in the old days (or not fun for that matter. Because it was the opposite, it was an f**king great server and deserves better than to be deserted).
Donuts.
Sandvich.

I love them so much.

Offline Cane

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: AR0964
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 05:06:40 am »
Get the hell out of here moaner, seriously. Codes are part of the police, just like in IRL.

People like you ruined this f**king community.
Served 2008~2012

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal