| Date: 29-09-24  Time: 19:30 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 297
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Suspects don't give a damn.  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Naorforu

• Citizen
Suspects don't give a damn.
« on: March 12, 2008, 13:43:43 pm »
Hello, i'd like to open this topic for you all.
Suspects don't give a damn about cops we aren't "scaring" them. i think we need better guns! better guns when you /duty.
not just a lame pistol...or at least add MORE AMMO cuz i'm always empty.
i also serve in the army as Cpl and we better use tanks..or at least heavy cars that will resist bullets. we need police  helicopter and orginized air support. the air support will tell the exact location of the suspect and will take hurt cops or to bring small rescue reinforcements.
We also should have huge police meeting to make rules clear and make all cops, better.
we also need to  cooperate more. if someone says "need backup suspect is getting away,over." i'd like to hear a response as "Whats your location,over."  thats better! and sometimes i ask "any situation,over." no one tells me.
We must be MORE ORGINIZED  :rules: to arrest the suspects and bring order and peace to the city.

This is Naor,
over.

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him

Offline Nicholas_Angel

• Citizen
Re: Suspects don't give a damn.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 15:46:45 pm »
You get better guns when you are promoted to Officer rank, We have a highly trained air unit which is Captain CBFASI.

You will find better comms on TS-teamspeak follow the instructions to install,

http://www.argonathrpg.eu/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=28&topic=204.0

I think that answers it all.

Oh I forgot to say, This isn't about shooting suspects down all the time, it is much better to arrest and if necessary take them out and can be done so by a deagle.

Chief Nicholas Angel

Offline Naorforu

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 16:36:03 pm »
when i chase someone i can't stop and type "surrender"

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him

Offline [Rstar]CBFASI

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 16:47:45 pm »
Suspects don't give a damn about cops we aren't "scaring" them. i think we need better guns! better guns when you /duty.
not just a lame pistol...or at least add MORE AMMO cuz i'm always empty.
Apart from APRD getting slightly better arms (although to be honest not much better), you will find many officers will actually go out and buy heavier arms for certain situations.  As for ammo I agree its all too often I run out of tec9 ammo even when used sparingly to try and take a suspects tires out while in a chase (not actually ran out of pistol yet, been close tho)

i also serve in the army as Cpl and we better use tanks..or at least heavy cars that will resist bullets.
Army is another matter, the tank wont get in due to the fact that any vehicle it bumps blows up... and there is little more than a Barracks or Patriot that suits army use.

we need police  helicopter and orginized air support. the air support will tell the exact location of the suspect and will take hurt cops or to bring small rescue reinforcements.
I must give thanks to Nicholas for his kind words, however its due to being able to use teamspeak regulary, and also spending much of my initial time as a SFPD Helicopter - Cadet.  It is now being helped by a co-pilot which makes the flying much easier as I dont have to worry about typing.  Others do patrol in helicopters but they are often single seating which considering they have to both fly and do thier comms is rather poor (you can only really get away with it if you have TS comms as well).
Plans are in hand to provide a means of quick extraction and I will hopefully be giving lessons in certain aspects of air support work to allow other regular users to reach a high enough standard to enable air support to be relatively efficent.
Worst case I have  had was when I grabbed a Nevada and was prepared to parachute onto a target as both police helicopters where not at thier spawns, unforunately the suspects had been dealt with by the time i was enarby.

We also should have huge police meeting to make rules clear and make all cops, better.
Worldwide membership and players personal time preferances make this rather hard

we also need to  cooperate more. if someone says "need backup suspect is getting away,over." i'd like to hear a response as "Whats your location,over."  thats better! and sometimes i ask "any situation,over." no one tells me.
I agree, this hoever needs to work from bottom up as particualry at the moment the senoir officers tend to be admins and are almost overwelmed by the 'offical' status, also we are frequenetly advising freecops on what to do (and often telling them NOT to do stuff)

We must be MORE ORGINIZED  :rules: to arrest the suspects and bring order and peace to the city.
Its not so much more organsised but with better acceptance from many of the new guys that there is a system in place they can be part of rather than just doing thier own thing which often makes for bad rp and hard police work for the longer term players.

Yes we do have some old problems, and many are being looked at.  Becoming offical slowed the whole APRD processing down as we suddenly lost a lot of the time we use for training etc..

As for /surrender, yes its hard, if you on a chase then preprep it and when you do t use up arrow to bring it down and just hit enter...

You will also learn about the situations when this can be overlooked when you do the training, it snot frequent but it does make sense and does need justification, it should not be assumed just because of time that it cant be done, just a matter of practice.

Cb.
Ex ARPD Commisioner
Retired SAPD Chief
Retired SWAT Commander

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal