| Date: 29-09-24  Time: 21:27 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 312
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Off Duty : Question  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Dakota_11

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #LC2228
Off Duty : Question
« on: September 07, 2010, 22:26:53 pm »
Ok, Listen, i left the server today, because i was surrounded by on duty officers, i had told them i was officer duty and did /me flashes badge (RP) cant anyone roleplay that im off duty? i was pumping gas shot a guy who stole my car, i tried to explain, and all they did is /su me for impersoninating a officer, I was roleplaying and they Weren't I thought it was a Roleplay server not a DMing Server

Signed, Freecop Dakota_Ancelotti
IV:MP LCPD Officer || Retired SA:MP Cadet || TAPS Founder Dakota Smith Serving Liberty City

Offline RoryAnstruther

• Citizen
  • Safety, Service and Security.
Re: Off Duty : Question
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 22:48:58 pm »
Ok, Listen, i left the server today, because i was surrounded by on duty officers, i had told them i was officer duty and did /me flashes badge (RP) cant anyone roleplay that im off duty? i was pumping gas shot a guy who stole my car, i tried to explain, and all they did is /su me for impersoninating a officer, I was roleplaying and they Weren't I thought it was a Roleplay server not a DMing Server

Simple surrender and investigation would solve the issue. If I was on patrol IRL and a guy flashed a badge at me, I would verify his identity (if I didn't recognize him).

I also RP (99% of the time) that I'm the same character when off duty, and I would do the same. That's completely acceptable, but do expect to get your identity "verified" by cops who don't recognize you.

However you should only RP a badge-flash if you're enforcing the law in some manner. Otherwise there's no reason to flash the badge, just cooperate with police. IRL, flashing your badge for non legal purposes could get you into a lot of trouble.
Former SAPD Lieutenant
Currently attending academy in real life. Wishing everyone a good game, be safe, and enjoy life.

Offline Dutchy

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: 420
  • SA-MP: Dutchy
  • Discord: Dutchy#6507
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 23:54:33 pm »
IRL, flashing your badge for non legal purposes could get you into a lot of trouble.

hi i b fbi i take car, k?

"A 9mm can kill a Hydra, or Hunter ... that is fact, aiming at them = threatening behavior.
Do so in real life and watch what happens ..." -[R*]CBFasi
« Sent to: Dutchy on: 21-06-2013, 05:27:27 »

Offline Dakota_11

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 03:56:28 am »

Simple surrender and investigation would solve the issue. If I was on patrol IRL and a guy flashed a badge at me, I would verify his identity (if I didn't recognize him).

I also RP (99% of the time) that I'm the same character when off duty, and I would do the same. That's completely acceptable, but do expect to get your identity "verified" by cops who don't recognize you.

However you should only RP a badge-flash if you're enforcing the law in some manner. Otherwise there's no reason to flash the badge, just cooperate with police. IRL, flashing your badge for non legal purposes could get you into a lot of trouble.
Yes a man /su for shooting since a man took my car, i flashd badge and he basiclly didn't believe me and was about to be dmed by a bunch of freecops
IV:MP LCPD Officer || Retired SA:MP Cadet || TAPS Founder Dakota Smith Serving Liberty City

Offline J. Prilo

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 16:20:20 pm »
If I was on patrol IRL and a guy flashed a badge at me, I would verify his identity (if I didn't recognize him).

This is not a RL-RP server, Rory..
Joseph Prilo
San Andreas Police Department Officer (MTA:SA)
Ex- San Andreas Police Department Officer (SA:MP)
| Ex- Vice City Police Department Officer (VC:MP)
Meritorious Service Medal x1

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 16:34:41 pm »
What would be the point of roleplaying an off duty cop? Does it consist of going to 24/7 to buy beer then sitting at your house watching TV?

Seems like RPing an off duty cop is a bit like being undercover but more crappy. Of course you will get into trouble, use common sense! "Sorry officer I was speeding but don't worry I am a cop off duty". What's the point!?

Anyway, if you want to roleplay a cop off duty (aka a fake civilian UC cop) / Civilian Undercover cop you should firstly have other cops know who can support you, and you should have some sort of objective to being UC that is not "getting away with crimes".

Yes I realise these do not apply directly to you Dakota, however if off duty, as Rory said, you shouldn't be flashing any badge other than in an emergency.

LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Dakota_11

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 21:30:11 pm »
What would be the point of roleplaying an off duty cop? Does it consist of going to 24/7 to buy beer then sitting at your house watching TV?

Seems like RPing an off duty cop is a bit like being undercover but more crappy. Of course you will get into trouble, use common sense! "Sorry officer I was speeding but don't worry I am a cop off duty". What's the point!?

Anyway, if you want to roleplay a cop off duty (aka a fake civilian UC cop) / Civilian Undercover cop you should firstly have other cops know who can support you, and you should have some sort of objective to being UC that is not "getting away with crimes".

Yes I realise these do not apply directly to you Dakota, however if off duty, as Rory said, you shouldn't be flashing any badge other than in an emergency.

Yes i understand that i was flashing my badge since the officer /su me and when i told why i shot is i having my car being stolen, so first /su me shooting, later he suspects me twice for shooting and impersonating Finally he suspects the two men stealing my car?!?!?! what the hell i just don't get That i was trying to apply my case

Offline Mac_Cabrazi

• Citizen
  • This is the coolest badge in the world
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 21:39:25 pm »
If I was on patrol IRL and a guy flashed a badge at me, I would verify his identity (if I didn't recognize him).

Holy crap its a free rp server where you can rp whatever the hell you want it's your freedom

Do not complain if others wish to rp like they are in IRL

Offline J. Prilo

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 21:47:21 pm »

Holy crap its a free rp server where you can rp whatever the hell you want it's your freedom

Do not complain if others wish to rp like they are in IRL

I don't complain, I came with a statement.
Joseph Prilo
San Andreas Police Department Officer (MTA:SA)
Ex- San Andreas Police Department Officer (SA:MP)
| Ex- Vice City Police Department Officer (VC:MP)
Meritorious Service Medal x1

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
  • Follow Me If I Fall Continue Forward
  • Badge-ID: 10 David
  • SA-MP: James_Bowling
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 17:40:05 pm »
As the server goes we dont have an "Off duty" if the police officer decides to roleplay that that is his dicision and it is at his descression. Some things wrong with this are when a police officer goes "Off Duty" I dont think they take their badges and guns home... I am ofc talking about patrol officers not any type of undercover unit. Now I believe if you cant do /sb then you dont have a badge rply and actually.
Retired SA:MP Admin
Retired SWAT Commander
Retired SFPD Captain / Chief

Offline wil harris

• Citizen
  • SAPD:former Cadet FBI:applicant [UA]wil_conti[AF]
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 05:52:57 am »
OK first off i asked my uncle...showing a badge while off duty...not smart. Also i have no idea why you would want to rp an off-duty cop? :conf:
Signed, [UA]wil_conti[AF]

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal