| Date: 30-09-24  Time: 21:37 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 332
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Can people please stop...  (Read 6380 times)

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
Re: Can people please stop...
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 21:21:58 pm »
The codes... at least for the SAPD division of the ARPD are a form of professionalism.. No, we do not require you to use them when you're about to die, but you should and are expected to while going on patrol, responding to calls, etc.

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline JayL

• MTA:SA Division Leader
  • Citizen
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 03:37:51 am »
The codes... at least for the SAPD division of the ARPD are a form of professionalism.. No, we do not require you to use them when you're about to die, but you should and are expected to while going on patrol, responding to calls, etc.

Yeah but there is a big failure here when it comes to realizing whether someone does have the conditions to understand and type all these codes and information.
Chief of Police Jay Lincoln
San Fierro Police Department

Offline Gird3r

• Citizen
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 20:48:42 pm »
And whats with all those 'gangsters' talking like they are black and live in the ghettos?

What does that have to do with the problem the topic are about???
Donuts.
Sandvich.

I love them so much.

Offline Jonny O'Sullivan

• Citizen
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 21:56:49 pm »
Most people use the codes as a form of RP. /area is not roleplay therefore people ask for the location etc...

If someone calls for backup they should state their location,then there would be no need for people to ask for the 10-20. Ithey have no time to type then they need to find cover instead of standing out in the open.
Signed,
Jonny O'Sullivan.

Offline JayL

• Citizen
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 22:44:23 pm »
Most people use the codes as a form of RP. /area is not roleplay

Bullshit. You can RP using /area as a GPS, as a virtual dispatcher, bla bla. That's just a Z0MGRLRP excuse.

Offline Frank_S

• [SA:MP] APPD Command
  • Citizen
  • Captain of Ministry of Good Intentions
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 23:00:53 pm »
I stress to all officers that, even though /area isnt a form of "rp" its a lot better than typing in the location adn the losing the suspect in persuit, or getting shot and killed at while you are typing your location. Just rp that the government has placed tracking devices in everybodies clothes and /area is a way of contacting that tracking chip. makes thing easier/faster. I must admit, i do use codes a lot, but usually its just 10-8, 10-76, and 10-4. thats about it really.

Medic of the Year 2009
Ex-Dillimore Police Department Sergeant
Awarded with the Police Life Saving Medal
Angel Pine Police Department Sergeant

Offline Rabbit

• Citizen
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2010, 00:21:46 am »
/30 /80 /20 would be good commands.

Officer: "Hold on let me type a long letter in radio informing my police buddies where I am so they can come help."

Citizen: "WHATEVER LOL, *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *SCROLL UP* *SCROLL DOWN* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*

OfficerL "/r Co- X_X, Over."

Most people use the codes as a form of RP. /area is not roleplay therefore people ask for the location etc...

If someone calls for backup they should state their location,then there would be no need for people to ask for the 10-20. Ithey have no time to type then they need to find cover instead of standing out in the open.

Your point is still invalid. You can run to cover all I want to, but they will just follow you with 6 rounds of combat and a scroll wheel. You will still be killed while typing.

/20 My Location is: Santa Marina Beach, Los Santos

/30 Shots Fired/Officer in Danger, On my Location: Santa Marina Beach, Los Santos

**** ALL UNITS, OFFICER IN DANGER: RESPOND TO SANTA MARINA BEACH, USE CAUTION. ***

/80 Pursuit, current location: Santa Marina Beach heading North

**** ALL UNITS, OPEN PURSUIT: SANTA MARINA BEACH HEADING NORTH ****

San Andreas County Services
DETERMINATION. DEDICATION. INTEGRITY.

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2010, 00:25:50 am »

Bullshit. You can RP using /area as a GPS, as a virtual dispatcher, bla bla. That's just a Z0MGRLRP excuse.

Not bullshit... codes are used as a form of RP. /area can be roleplayed, but it doesn't mean that the codes are not a form of it..

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline Gird3r

• Citizen
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 04:54:47 am »
And yet criminals will have no regard whatsoever.

This is main reason I will not bother with codes. As I said in my last topic, make use of the time you got and type something pretty much everyone understands.

Really, should I have to sit thru the, as JayL said, Robot communication fancy thingy when my ass is peppered full of bullets?
Use /area and go go go. Don't waste lives by typing reports and shit.
Recently saw some cops dying 10 seconds after having used codes.
How many came in time to provide backup (atleast divertion)? One single unit. And that was me. And there was atleast 10 more cops online who had not died yet...
If they had typed normally (backupp, Santa MArina beach), maybe atleast 4 more cops would have provided backup.
I understand you want your IRL RP, but IRL RP to much and lives will be lost because of that.  :neutral:
Donuts.
Sandvich.

I love them so much.

Offline Vince_Kaufman

• Citizen
  • I am NOT [R*]Vince...
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2010, 05:18:29 am »
JayL brings up a good point. :app: Granted that this is RP, sometimes, it seems as if we are going too far. A simple "10-4, on my way" would suffice for anybody that has not really played on argonath.

I'm looking at this on both sides of the coin. It's ok to use the codes, but for serious purposes if this is going down  :war: a simple /bu [or /c bu in VC] would be more efficient especially in close quarter combat. I think that all we're trying to say is that you may act professional, but please be courteous in recognizing that you are not just playing with adults who can RP their ass off. You are playing with little kids who may or may not be new to the whole idea of roleplay. Doing "U27A76, S13 Code 4, GS9" is like Greek to a kid, what do you expect this freecop to do? A 10-4 with absolute no clue as to what you just told them?

You can be professional in a simplistic manner. Honestly, i cannot tell you how many times i have been in close combat and /c bu has saved my ass.
All i'm saying is, metaphorically speaking, you can put on a dress shirt and dress pants instead of a tuxedo and still be professional.

Offline Travis Colt

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: SF36
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2010, 07:28:47 am »
Problems to communicate? Use Teamspeak  :)
To protect and to serve

2x Meritorious Medal

1x Community Policing

Offline StatuZ

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #1809
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2010, 12:39:45 pm »
Or we could of some sort of script support. If we upgrade to newer radios equipped with a emergency button that sends your location to the dispatch? (( /c30 ))

Police Radio: ** EMERGENCY BUTTON ACTIVATED: <location>

... or something?

3x Meritorious Service Medal
1x Community Policing Medal
1x Police Life-Saving Medal
1x Police Star

Offline Joseph_Allen

• [SA:MP] EX SAPD Senior Officer
  • Citizen
  • A Sane Man
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2010, 12:53:19 pm »
Or we could of some sort of script support. If we upgrade to newer radios equipped with a emergency button that sends your location to the dispatch? (( /c30 ))

Police Radio: ** EMERGENCY BUTTON ACTIVATED: <location>

... or something?

That might defeat the purpose of making things simpler, as you now have to memorize more commands.

Maybe you could just trim down the number of needed codes* or you can do what I do, just memorize the most widely used codes*.

Offline Jonny O'Sullivan

• Citizen
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2010, 12:56:41 pm »

I am actually offended by your comment here, I would expect a little bit more respect from someone such a high police rank as you... Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I simply stated mine, there was absoulutley no need to reply in this manor.
Signed,
Jonny O'Sullivan.

Offline Sushi

• [SA:MP] Sushi
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #A2
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2010, 16:09:02 pm »
For me, if it is a traffic stop I'll ask what's the 20'. If I hear "OMG CD 302(@($ SHTS FIRE! NED BCKUP! NAO!" Or something like that I'll just go "SRU or U[Insert ID] Responding C2 or C3" and for the Callsign I'll already have it ready to go. /area and off we go, if I have a partner I'll yell at them over TS to go "/area" and off we go!
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast and fast is lethal.

Offline Alan Demarest

• Citizen
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2010, 21:49:58 pm »

Just because we can doesn't mean we want to.

Typical for someone to scream "ZOMGRLRP" at the slighest thing...

Offline JayL

• Citizen
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2010, 22:05:17 pm »

''/area is not roleplay'' is a typical excuse from people who support such type of roleplay.

And yeah... Just because you don't want to do it doesn't mean you can call it not-roleplay too...

I am actually offended by your comment here, I would expect a little bit more respect from someone such a high police rank as you... Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I simply stated mine, there was absoulutley no need to reply in this manor.

That's just an excuse from people who support roleplay viewpoints that go against the Argonath server and its roleplay vision, therefore disrespecting it. Ho-ho.

Offline Tai

• [IV:MP] ARPD Supervisor
  • Citizen
    • Skype - taizumi
  • Badge-ID: #CL0981
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2010, 23:04:16 pm »

''/area is not roleplay'' is a typical excuse from people who support such type of roleplay.

And yeah... Just because you don't want to do it doesn't mean you can call it not-roleplay too...

Excuse me tell me which guys are saying it is non RP, I am sure that are the guys that come to suspect that are sitting around Abonded Airport for 5 mins with nobody comming and suddenly some cops come without them knowing where you are, except if they used /area... something weired something weired. :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal