| Date: 23-09-24  Time: 12:29 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[Today at 07:17:12]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 419
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: SAPD Ted_Thurman  (Read 712 times)

Offline Ted

• Citizen
  • Officer Ted Thurman.
SAPD Ted_Thurman
« on: November 06, 2010, 15:06:49 pm »
Ingame Nickname AND Character Name (warning, see point #9 of application rules):
Ted Thurman.
Real-Life Age AND Ingame Age: 13 & 28.
How long have you played on Argonath RPG: About two weeks.
How long have you played as a cop: About a week.
Are you a United States of Argonath Citizen (do you have a passport)?: I surely am.
Do you have a driver's license (issued by driving school)?: Yes.
Have you read all "SAPD Police Procedures" topics? Read and understood.
Have you been an SAPD member before? (cadet or above): No.
If yes, explain your previous rank in SAPD, did you resign, rejected or fired? n/a
Had an previous application that go rejected? (add link to old application): No.
Why do you want to join San Andreas Police Department (minimum of 3 sentence):

I was born in Houston in 1981, 2nd of May. I was the oldest brother out of 3, so I always had to be a good example for my 2 little brothers. When I was 16 my parents divorced. One of my brothers was 14 and another was 12. Few months after the divorce, the parents were still living together, fighting everyday until one day my mother couldn't handle it and committed suicide. Although they were fighting everyday, my father was shocked and became an alcoholic. That's when I realized I had to take over the family. Although me and my brothers were living in a crime infested trailer park , everyday we tried to stay out of trouble. When I became 18 ,my father was diagnosed with hepatitis, a liver disease that occurred from his heavy drinking . He laid in bed all day with high fever. We were provided social welfare by the state of Texas but that just couldn’t pay the bills .I needed a steady job that also paid well. A friend of mine told me about the U.S marines. So I taught I’d give it a shot and applied to National University , I took the placement tests and got enrolled in Marine Corps Recruit Depot. I left my family in Houston and headed for San Diego where the recruit depot was located, I lived in rent at a shitty apartment complex near the facility. I went class every day and every night I flipped burgers at Mcdonalds for a few bucks an hour. I would send some of my income back home to pay the bills for my father. Soon through the year ,The final three-week phase was coming up. We went to Camp Pendleton which was southern California coast. We had to pass a 54-hour simulated combat exercise known as "The Crucible". Most of us passed it ,I sure did ! We went back to San diego for graduation .I was qualified in rifle marksmanship, swimming and martial arts.

I was proud of my accomplishments and soon I applied for deployment in Afghanistan for operation “Enduring Freedom”.I was in the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit, Every day I was patrolling the along border of Pakistan , On top of a Humvee with a M134 torrent. Days were long and dull .My hands would usually get numb and I would get a bad headache . One November day started out as usual , We mounted up and went on our regular patrol through-out the city of Garmsir, Along the ride we saw a couple of vehicles parked in front of and old furniture factory, We parked up and went along to see if there was any illegal activity going on. We didn’t think much of it but until we got close enough to see that there were actually some people inside. We radioed it in and got the heads up from the colonel to enter the facility. My teammate kicked in the door and we saw there were about 7-8 men inside, immediately they got out there weapons and started firing at us. We radioed in for help and a air unit would be here in approximately five minutes , but until then we had to keep them under control, That was the problem , we were only about 4 and they were well over us. To make things even worst the only entrance to the factory was were we came in , so if they wanted out they had to face us , All of my team hid behind a rusty container , They became more and more aggressive and stared getting closer to were we where . I took an aim with my M16A1 and started spraying with bullets ,gunfire could be heard over a block away.I heard the air unit landing near us and I took an aim for one last shoot. But unluckily for me one of those terrorists saw me and took and aim for my head ,I heard the gun go off and I literally saw the bullet come towards me. All I remember from there was waking up in Landstuhl medical center in Berlin , Germany . Apparently I was shot in the left eye socket and aired in.

A few days later I was given a airplane ticket back to Houston, When the plane hit Houston soil, I was relived to be back home with my family and friends, My other three brothers got jobs and I didn’t have to be the only one who took care of my old man, When my brothers came to get me from the airport they were shocked to see that I was wearing an eyepatch, In Houston life wasn’t that much fun, I got a job as a office worker at a publishing company. I got a decent car and house. One day, my boss at the publishing company told me to go in los santos to check out an article and bring back some data , he also said the trip was all-payed by the company and I would get a promotion if I went through with it. So surly I accept and the next day I was on a plane to los santos. First time I got there I had quite a good impression about the city and the landscape, I rented a greenwood and checked-in at my hotel. In a couple of days my research was done but I still had three days left . I called in my father to see what’s he up to and to tell him that I’m in los santos, He told me I have a cousin in los santos by the name of Andrew Hawk , So I got in contact with my lost cousin and we decided to meet up at the local donut shop and we talked, and talk I found out he’s a lead officer in the police department of los santos. So I asked him if I could go on a ridealong and he approved of it. I saw an officer in action and saw how crime works in los santos.

I taught to myself “That’s how I want to be” so the next day I called in work and told them that I quit . I think I’m a good person for this position because well : I’ve had previous experiences with “the bad guys” , I keep myself in shape, I’m able to speak english relatively well , I’m good with helping people, I know most of the law and my criminal record is 100% clean. If I get accepted into this academy I promise to do my best in keeping this city free of crime, reckless driving, drug deals and other illegal actions. I would be happy to help the department in their 911 calls. I would try to show-up for work as much as I can . I respect every officer I see and look up to them as a higher part of the society . I believe my past Marine corp. experience would help me in depth in this job.

Offline KhornateMonkey

• [SA:MP] Ex-DPD Sheriff
  • Citizen
Re: SAPD Ted_Thurman
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 15:31:11 pm »
Cool Story, Good Luck.

Meritorious Service Medal x5 | Community Policing Medal x3 | Police Life Saving Medal x2

You can take the man out of DPD, but you can't take the DPD out of the man - =AV=Janek

Offline Edward Miller

• Citizen
  • Officer Edward Miller
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 14:50:49 pm »
Bump, by the way good luck.

Offline Ted

• Citizen
  • Officer Ted Thurman.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 00:24:22 am »

Offline Kenny