| Date: 21-09-24  Time: 13:56 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 260
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Cops and a SMG  (Read 5104 times)

Freightliner

Cops and a SMG
« on: November 06, 2010, 22:25:59 pm »
Hello,

I am making this topic, because I am kinda tired of cops who don't know then rules of drive by...
Some cops drive by from an nrg as driver.. come on..
other cops, drive by as passenger on suspects who are slow.. or not even driving dangerously
How can suspects get a nice chase or rp something, when most of cops use a smg, kill suspects to make cash?
I thought we could only drive by on fast cars and dangerous drivers?
Unless the rules have been changed..

Offline Travis Colt

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: SF36
Re: Cops and a SMG
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 22:28:50 pm »
The only way i use my SMG is in high speed chases when the PD car can't keep up with the infernus for example..

Or a gun battle from car to car.
To protect and to serve

2x Meritorious Medal

1x Community Policing

Freightliner

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 22:31:13 pm »
thats how it should be

Sago

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 00:17:54 am »
*Sigh*

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 00:34:19 am »
You get an SMG, you can use it however you want.

Offline Hank_Rafferty

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 00:46:57 am »
The drive by rules only applies to LVPD, and LSPD-SRU...... currently. Otherwise, you can use your smg.. as you wish.

:ps: you are not allowed to drive by as driver from a car.

" Knowing is not enough we must apply
                 Willing is not enough we must do. ,,   -B.L.

Offline Sushi

• [SA:MP] Sushi
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #A2
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 02:45:13 am »
If a suspect is in a vehicle and refuse to pull over, I will shoot to take out tires so they will be in a way inhibited from driving, because of the driving advantage the officers can surround the suspect and apprehend them. That's my theory. Also pitting works.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast and fast is lethal.

Offline Joseph_Allen

• [SA:MP] EX SAPD Senior Officer
  • Citizen
  • A Sane Man
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 06:52:36 am »
Unless the rules have been changed...

Nothing's been changed, except how the Officers (ARPD and SAPD as a whole) operate.

It's not the Law that's wrong, it's the people who implement it.

Offline Fuzzy

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 09:46:13 am »
Otherwise, you can use your smg.. as you wish.

Did you refer to drive-bying here, or general use?

Offline Nancy_Parker

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 10:02:47 am »
Well, Most of the criminals are driving dangerously anyway.
SAPD Officer Nancy Parker.
SATP Trial Deputy Sheriff.
SATP: H.R.U Team leader.

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 04:44:17 am »
I believe that cops should only passenger drive by only if they are driving Infernus, Buffalo, Sultans, AKA: Fast cars. Now the cars that are basically just slow should not be shot down. Simply it eleminates roleplaying for those that want a slow roleplayed out pursuit. In my opinion, I hate it when I'm driving a premier and having guys in buffalo shooting it down. IT IS NOT RIGHT!

Offline Ben Hells

• Argonath Defense Force, High General
  • Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 05:19:06 am »
I believe that cops should only passenger drive by only if they are driving Infernus, Buffalo, Sultans, AKA: Fast cars.

Police Officers of Argonath. SMG shouldn't be only used against "Fast cars because the aim of an SMG is to stop criminals as fast as you can before any other civilians are put in the face of danger.

other cops, drive by as passenger on suspects who are slow.. or not even driving dangerously

Reflecting on Eddies first post  I have never seen a Ranked officer by on an NRG however I have seen ARPD Police officers. (light blue cops) If you seen a officer do that screen shot then show us otherwise there is nothing we can do about it.

also
How can suspects get a nice chase or rp something, when most of cops use a smg, kill suspects to make cash?

If I was a suspected criminal I would rather police to chase me with SMG shooting me because it introduces a new feature of a chase which begins to move towards the skill on escaping from the law. Finnally to your final segment of your post; if suspects want to Roleplay they would of tried to talk their way out of the suspection instead of running. If the suspects realise that LS-SRU and LVPD pursuit teams do stop shooting when the criminal stops.

Regards,

Ben Hells
Senior Officer, SFPD
Medals      - Meritorious service medal
                 - Community Policing Medal

Senior Officer Ben Hells

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 05:32:49 am »
Ben, when cops shoot from the passenger seat the bullets could get in a line of fire of other civilians. Your looking at 2 lesser of the evils. Shooting from the police car which you might end up shooting a civilian and/or another fellow officer, or having the suspect run into civilians or other cars on there own risk. In my opinion, I would rather have option two because you could have a long pursuit and the suspect may have a chance to roleplay instead....BANG, BANG, BANG suspect car catches on fire and explodes causing the suspect having no chance to roleplay or run. And if they do run then you could just shoot them until they die that simple. Other than that, I see that you should shoot fast cars and suspects drive bying from window. 

Sometimes it depends what timezone you play in because when I'm on people start getting off and there are barely any pursuits. I guess if you have suspect after suspect after suspect I guess it would make sense to use SMG most of the time. Since I'm in the timezone to where we get 1 suspect every 10-15 minutes I like the pursuit long that so I have something to do.

Offline Joseph_Allen

• Citizen
  • A Sane Man
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 09:12:20 am »
Ben, when cops shoot from the passenger seat the bullets could get in a line of fire of other civilians. Your looking at 2 lesser of the evils. Shooting from the police car which you might end up shooting a civilian and/or another fellow officer, or having the suspect run into civilians or other cars on there own risk. In my opinion, I would rather have option two because you could have a long pursuit and the suspect may have a chance to roleplay instead....BANG, BANG, BANG suspect car catches on fire and explodes causing the suspect having no chance to roleplay or run. And if they do run then you could just shoot them until they die that simple. Other than that, I see that you should shoot fast cars and suspects drive bying from window. 

Sometimes it depends what timezone you play in because when I'm on people start getting off and there are barely any pursuits. I guess if you have suspect after suspect after suspect I guess it would make sense to use SMG most of the time. Since I'm in the timezone to where we get 1 suspect every 10-15 minutes I like the pursuit long that so I have something to do.

Then don't driveby your Suspects, simple as that. If it's the ARPD Officers gunning down criminals in NRGs, we can't do much. It's legal. (Although there IS some doubt as to that Law extends to Unmarked Vehicles such as said NRG)

Offline Ben Hells

• Argonath Defense Force, High General
  • Citizen
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 13:26:21 pm »
the NRG remark I do see why is a bad thing however.... Majority of ranked officers don't just gundown criminals willy nilly ..... Also if you want a good chase then go to Australia and chase me Muhaha lol
Medals      - Meritorious service medal
                 - Community Policing Medal

Senior Officer Ben Hells

Offline Kenny

• Citizen
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 14:23:44 pm »
The drive by rules only applies to LVPD, and LSPD-SRU...... currently. Otherwise, you can use your smg.. as you wish.

:cool:
Retired Captain..

Offline Edward Miller

• Citizen
  • Officer Edward Miller
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 14:35:19 pm »
Well, I honestly hate it myself. For example I was driving an Admiral as suspect, and two cops with Infernus came and started shooting me, they took my three tires, but they keep shooting me until I blew up :/

Offline Joseph_Allen

• Citizen
  • A Sane Man
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 14:38:36 pm »
Well, I honestly hate it myself. For example I was driving an Admiral as suspect, and two cops with Infernus came and started shooting me, they took my three tires, but they keep shooting me until I blew up :/

I only shoot the car till the suspect stops, the car catches fire or if the car is rendered completely unable.

Offline Edward Miller

• Citizen
  • Officer Edward Miller
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 14:41:35 pm »

I only shoot the car till the suspect stops, the car catches fire or if the car is rendered completely unable.
I must say, you're not proffesional on cop duty then..

Offline [SN]GHunter

• Citizen
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 16:12:02 pm »
Hello,

I am making this topic, because I am kinda tired of cops who don't know then rules of drive by...
Unless the rules have been changed..
Hunm,cool i always see you and yours boys drive-bying every car.

:ps: you are not allowed to drive by as driver from a car.

I can prove that you lied if i go IG right now as suspect and wait till you guys arrive with your buffalos shootin.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal