| Date: 20-09-24  Time: 10:50 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 71
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Open Discussion To Improve VCPD (MTA:VC)  (Read 2878 times)

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
Open Discussion To Improve VCPD (MTA:VC)
« on: November 17, 2010, 20:33:58 pm »
This is a serious topic. No flaming, trolling, going off-topic, etc. Just clean discussion. Anyone saying "MTA:VC sucks", "VCPD sucks" "SAPD > VCPD", or something similarly stupid will be subject to forum administration.

I'm looking for both in-game and on-forum ideas to improve the Vice City Police Department in MTA:VC. I'm aware that users on the server are an issue right now, so I don't need suggestions regarding that unless you have ideas to get more on there. I would like to see the department prosper, so whatever you can come up with would be greatly appreciated, and will be considered to the fullest extent. Keep in mind that MTA:VC's scripts are very limited in capability, but if you have ideas for them in regards to VCPD, go ahead and suggestion them and I'll let you know if they are possible or not before turning the ideas over to a developer.

Offline Salmonella

• [VC:MP] SWAT Commander
  • Citizen
  • MIR NACH!
    • Skype - salmonellaabe
  • Badge-ID: #VC0004
  • SA-MP: =AV=Salmonella
  • VC:MP: =AV=Salmonella
  • IV:MP: [AV]Salmonella
Re: Open Discussion To Improve VCPD (MTA:VC)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 20:50:39 pm »
suprisingly, yesterday i was thinking about this myself, when i noticed your new rank ( congratz btw :D ).

Even although you didn't want suggestions regarding that ; The only way a sub-group of a group ( argonath ) can get members is in having a certain ammount of people in the group ( argonath ) themselfs. Without players for argonath, how can you have players for ARPD? I don't think there's a solution for this ''problem'' other than to recruit people into Argonath. Eventually new players will discover ARPD themselfs. Recruitment as in invitations is unheard of since the existance of the VCPD as far as i know.

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 21:17:12 pm »
suprisingly, yesterday i was thinking about this myself, when i noticed your new rank ( congratz btw :D ).

Even although you didn't want suggestions regarding that ; The only way a sub-group of a group ( argonath ) can get members is in having a certain ammount of people in the group ( argonath ) themselfs. Without players for argonath, how can you have players for ARPD? I don't think there's a solution for this ''problem'' other than to recruit people into Argonath. Eventually new players will discover ARPD themselfs. Recruitment as in invitations is unheard of since the existance of the VCPD as far as i know.
Well, that is also majorly because SAPD  and SA:MP is being favored over everything else now. Even administration assumes that when they state something, it's for SAPD or SA:MP, without even making the connection with the server in their statements. Everyone aside from a select few believe that Argonath is only SA:MP, and so they don't even care to check out other servers for Argonath. Alot of the times, they don't even know other ones exist! Administration is partially to blame in this, and I've been pushing for years for them to atleast note in their topics which they are referring to so subconsciously users understand that SA:MP isn't all Argonath has. I also blame it's users. They aren't open to even trying new things out. So what if MTA:VC is old? It's unique and is just as fun in it's own way. It's where Argonath was born, and the simple RP keeps things true to their values, thus ridding corruption, flaming, trolling, and the like from the server.

Offline [R*]EliteTerm

• E-1337
  • Citizen
  • Tommy Vercetti, Remember the name!
    • Skype - eliteterm13
  • Badge-ID: #VC1337
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 21:20:02 pm »
Maybe invite a couple of cops from San Andreas on a retreat? Like... a Police Convention?

Offline Salmonella

• Citizen
  • MIR NACH!
    • Skype - salmonellaabe
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 21:27:40 pm »
Maybe invite a couple of cops from San Andreas on a retreat? Like... a Police Convention?
I doubt they'd stay on the long term. something similair has been tried earlier.

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 21:53:16 pm »
It's not a bad idea though. I'll give that a try soon here. Keep the ideas coming everyone! :cop:

Offline Salmonella

• Citizen
  • MIR NACH!
    • Skype - salmonellaabe
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 22:16:15 pm »
Maybe you should add a presentation to that, convincing them to stay :)

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 22:47:49 pm »
What did you have in mind? ;)

Offline JDC

• SA:MP Manager
  • Citizen
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Badge-ID: #69420
  • SA-MP: [Rstar]JDC
  • VC:MP: [R*]JDC
  • V:MP: [Rstar]JDC
  • Discord: JDC#0664
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 13:07:58 pm »
Maybe force suspended SAPD units to go on duty in VC and make reports about their work.

Who knows, they may come to work for MTA:VCPD as well... and learn some valuable lessons from VC.
Quote from: Gandalf on June 08, 2013, 01:35:37 pm
The most important part is interacting with others and meeting people from around the world.

SA:MP Manager | Officer-In-Charge (OIC), San Andreas State Government | Pope of Argonath
Retired FBI Director (MTA:VC, VC:MP) and Division Chief (SA:MP)

Offline Frank_S

• [SA:MP] APPD Command
  • Citizen
  • Captain of Ministry of Good Intentions
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 13:39:47 pm »
The only issue with that JDC is that some of the suspended units dont have VC. I personally do not enjoy "retrieving" a game unless it is a hard copy. That way I have it for future issues.

Medic of the Year 2009
Ex-Dillimore Police Department Sergeant
Awarded with the Police Life Saving Medal
Angel Pine Police Department Sergeant

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 21:09:22 pm »
Keep the ideas rolling! :D

Offline Lionel Valdes

• Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 21:24:15 pm »
The problem is that people in VC hates RP servers, and a poor number of people does the vice-versa..

I suggest a patrol centre for public, and make all VCPD Trial officers! and I'll be sure VCPD will be active  :lol:

LIONEL VALDES
FORMER DEPUTY CHIEF, CHIEF OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES

RayCarter

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 00:09:52 am »
I haven't been on MTA:VC or VC-MP, but all I see is that the servers are very inactive. The VCPD is not to blame.
I guess it's just that GTA Vice City isn't very suitable for Roleplaying, with things like the control movements in particular.

I understand it holds a special place being where Argonath RPG was born,
but all I'd suggest is closing down the Servers.
IV:MP is doing well, and could serve as a Replacement amongst the Argo Servers.

Offline Allison

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: Alicia Ross
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 00:31:03 am »
Close down the VC servers? Are you crazy? Believe it or not, quite a bit of people are on the VC ones. Recently, I've fixed my MTA:VC so I've it and it's quite entertaining already.

Even if, I'm not here to start an argument, now back on topic.

There are a few things I had on mind earlier, I just can't remember them. If I do, I'll be sure to post them here.

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 10:08:42 am »
I haven't been on MTA:VC or VC-MP, but all I see is that the servers are very inactive. The VCPD is not to blame.
I guess it's just that GTA Vice City isn't very suitable for Roleplaying, with things like the control movements in particular.
Actually, VC is the reason why RP servers came about. The reason why they are going inactive is because currently-released MP mods are either no longer developed, or not yet finished, leaving no one anything useful to play on. In addition, newer GTA's offer new abilities, which not only shifts focus of players, but also developers. VC servers used to be extremely overcrowded.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal