| Date: 20-09-24  Time: 06:24 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 70
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: SAPD Structure on Resignation & Reinstatement  (Read 3589 times)

Offline Kenny

• Citizen
SAPD Structure on Resignation & Reinstatement
« on: November 25, 2010, 02:25:19 am »
Let me ask you all a question?

Is SAPD a bar? where people leave anytime they want and come back when they want?

I mean seriously what sort of police organisation are we if we allow ourself to be an open bar for anyone to leave and come back anytime they want?

Dont get me wrong, i have nothing against people who "Genuine leave" to be reinstated, BUT i hate the "lol i resign" reinstatments.
Well you may ask what is the difference? here we go...

Genuine Reinstatment

Its one thing to reinstate a vetern cop who had real life issues and had or had not posted a leave of absence topic, because most of us have a life behind our computers so anything can happen and i do understand those people for being reinstated as they served SAPD proudly for a long time.

LOl i resign reinstatments.

"Hello am Kenny, and this morning i wake up and i dont feel like being in SAPD, maybe i join SHSHS criminal organisation or i cant take this anymore, its been fun guys goodbye lolol"

DOES someone above like this really deserve to be reinstated? i mean if he is stupid enough to leave for such reason's then why should we take him back? NO we should tell him to go through the process of application, be an applicant for some time and i promise you after them going through a long process he/she will think twice before doing a morning wake and just feel like resining.

]If people just leave and get reinstated then they will always try to make a public topic to get "attention" and leave, then some weeks later they just back as their old rank? what-the-f**k is this?

So please let it be some sort of rules to stop these "attention-lol- i dont want to be SAPD anymore" from leaving then coming back then leaving.

ps; This is not directed at one specific individual nor meant to be an insult, its a general behaviour that is consitent in SAPD and the Command staff should take a look.
Retired Captain..

Offline Sushi

• [SA:MP] Sushi
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #A2
Re: SAPD Structure on Resignation & Reinstatement
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 03:03:49 am »
Kenny I understand this full well and I get what you mean, but some are perhaps more received than others, commitment is a virtue of the SAPD. Yet some seem to be able to bypass it.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast and fast is lethal.

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
  • Follow Me If I Fall Continue Forward
  • Badge-ID: 10 David
  • SA-MP: James_Bowling
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 03:05:44 am »
We only let people back who deserve it and who know they made a mistake.. Other than that if you resign you resign and reapply.... But if you are really good and we really want you back we will take you back.
Retired SA:MP Admin
Retired SWAT Commander
Retired SFPD Captain / Chief

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 03:44:44 am »
I have to agree with Kenny though. This does seem to be happening alot lately.

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
  • Follow Me If I Fall Continue Forward
  • Badge-ID: 10 David
  • SA-MP: James_Bowling
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 03:49:38 am »

We had a lot of good people who left and deserved a second chance.
Retired SA:MP Admin
Retired SWAT Commander
Retired SFPD Captain / Chief

Offline SafetyMoose

• [SA:MP]Angel Pine SD
  • Citizen
  • Angel Pine PD
  • Badge-ID: 5043
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 05:30:04 am »

like me  :devroll:
| SAPD Officer | Serving Since 2009 | Angel Pine Sheriff's Office |

Offline Travis Colt

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: SF36
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 08:30:20 am »
I agree,

Dedication to the group you joined is of high importance.
To protect and to serve

2x Meritorious Medal

1x Community Policing

Offline Fred

• Citizen
    • Skype - brunotaborda
  • Badge-ID: #145
  • SA-MP: FredericK_Collin
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 09:30:46 am »
I agree with both. Kenny I undeerstand your point, I fell like it too.
Signed,
FredericK Collin
[SA:MP] SAPD Supervisory Officer
-Serving since February of 2010

Offline Hank_Rafferty

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 09:49:26 am »
Once you get trained and you went through the sapd academy.. why should we bother the instructors again with a trained cop. Yes, SAPD is an opened group... and that means officer rank is easy to reach because thats what the developers want, but to get higher rank you have to work for it.. and you can stuck on the officer rank for your whole life if you are lazy.

" Knowing is not enough we must apply
                 Willing is not enough we must do. ,,   -B.L.

Offline Kenny

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 10:27:45 am »
Once you get trained and you went through the sapd academy.. why should we bother the instructors again with a trained cop.

Its not because we trained you that we don't have to train again, no you completely missing the point.
the point is to make these people who leave then come back then leave especially those with responsibilities (Sgt.+) to wait for some time so they think twice before leaving next time, otherwise they will leave knowing full well they will come back in same or similar position.

If they are stupid enough to drop their responsibilities then we should show them cold shoulder, no love for them.

Yes, SAPD is an opened group... and that means officer rank is easy to reach because thats what the developers want.

Yes developers might want the officer rank to be easy to reach, but that is mainly for those who are applying first time or something, not these who just leave to follow others or because they dont like how SAPD changes happened or just to follow the new server hype.
Retired Captain..

Offline Mike_Johnson

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 11:15:56 am »
I like the idea.. I've seen some SAPD Officers talking like ''I don't like the new car rule , I'll leave''.. And after a week they are ''Hey , I think I will join SAPD again''.. 

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 11:19:21 am »
If you didn't want me reinstated you could've said so yesterday :/

My reason for rejoining is because this SAPD reform shows a lot of promise, something like this is what I've always been waiting for.

Not to mention I'm not exactly going to say LOL NTY to a sergeant rank, am I?

Offline Kenny

• Citizen
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 11:36:20 am »
If you didn't want me reinstated you could've said so yesterday :/

My reason for rejoining is because this SAPD reform shows a lot of promise, something like this is what I've always been waiting for.

Not to mention I'm not exactly going to say LOL NTY to a sergeant rank, am I?

The fact that you defending yourself shows you have something to worry about.

as i said earlier this is not about an individual, its a general thing especially with people resigning that i know who will re-join again.

Retired Captain..

Offline Ben Hells

• Argonath Defense Force, High General
  • Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 11:47:32 am »
Kenny some people are forced under mass stressful, unbearable situations which drives them to the point of resignation. the reasons can vary from personal vendetta's to real life issues or just because they do not believe the police force isn't for them. However it isn't the place for us to be commenting upon because I left Argonath under the impression on not returning because me and my girlfriend were going through rough times. And I preferred to surrender my badge then loose the most precious thing to me.

Then our problems got straightened out and I know I wasn't gone for as long as I thought I would but would you prefer if we say we going to be back and never returned?

But with true honnestly some people need a break and they got a mind on resigning to try to help the force instead on fanning out their problems throughout the community. So my final words are let this be because one day you may do it and get your problems sorted and and want to rejoin the force.

Regards,

Ben Hells
Senior Officer, SFPD
Medals      - Meritorious service medal
                 - Community Policing Medal

Senior Officer Ben Hells

Offline Nexxt

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #FC0829
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 11:57:37 am »
I have nothing against Oliver in person, but his situation is a clear example of this matter.
He has left SWAT and SAPD in the past (as far as I know) for a reason god may know....

Couple of times he left together with Jay Adams, but always he got the possibility to return!
No matter what, even after having a criminal life, they you get offered to be SWAT commander (I don't care, as I liked Oliver as Cmdr).

But just look at the facts, people should not be able to "go and come back" easily with being after to get their rank back.
It only makes it easier to go away again and return then....

Say honestly, it's not fair for the other cops when someone who has left 3 times and comes back again and gets SAPD Sergeant rank and SWAT Team Leader.

Once again, nothing against Oliver, his example is just the best one at this moment - but yet I agree he deserves his rank, but still the way it goes is weird.

Ex-SAPD Academy Director
Ex-SAPD Supervisory Sergeant
Ex-SWAT Team Leader

Paul "Nexxt" Cutler

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 12:13:16 pm »
No matter what, even after having a criminal life, they you get offered to be SWAT commander

5/6 SWAT commanders have been criminals (James, Jay, Jonny, myself, Cero) :P

Two of them having led a criminal group.

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 17:46:58 pm »

I'm not saying that at all. I agree, if they deserve it, bring them back, but something has to be done to limit this a bit. It's been getting very excessive lately and users are starting to take advantage of it thinking they are safe should they decide to come back.

Offline Nexxt

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #FC0829
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 18:19:10 pm »
No matter what, even after having a criminal life, they you get offered to be SWAT commander

5/6 SWAT commanders have been criminals (James, Jay, Jonny, myself, Cero) :P

Two of them having led a criminal group.

I know, but that's just weird.
I do not disagree with the commanders we had, but it should not be that easy.

Ex-SAPD Academy Director
Ex-SAPD Supervisory Sergeant
Ex-SWAT Team Leader

Paul "Nexxt" Cutler

Offline [R*]EliteTerm

• E-1337
  • Citizen
  • Tommy Vercetti, Remember the name!
    • Skype - eliteterm13
  • Badge-ID: #VC1337
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 18:34:17 pm »
Personally, if they resign because of real life commitments and return when they cleared it up or has time, they could be reinstated to their former rank. To those who thinks SAPD has no future or thinks it's f**king retarded with the way they're heading, OR thinks it's boring and returns to criminal life and resigns... if they return, they would lose their previous rank and start over as Officer and has to work hard to earn it back.

Offline Sushi

• [SA:MP] Sushi
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #A2
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 07:43:12 am »
Personally, if they resign because of real life commitments and return when they cleared it up or has time, they could be reinstated to their former rank. To those who thinks SAPD has no future or thinks it's f**king retarded with the way they're heading, OR thinks it's boring and returns to criminal life and resigns... if they return, they would lose their previous rank and start over as Officer and has to work hard to earn it back.

As many have said before me, many leave because of their real life and I fully understand this and they deserve to be reinstated (As long as they aren't too rusty). But those who leave when they get bored, think that the SAPD is growing stale or going down the drain and come back when everythings good should have to go through the Academy again. You see true commitment when things are bad, people will stick around and fight rather than leg it.

And no this is not directed at Oliver. Welcome back though!
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast and fast is lethal.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal