| Date: 06-10-24  Time: 00:46 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Womans in your city for night - Authentic Damsels by TechnoManiac98
[September 30, 2024, 10:52:51 am]

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 395
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Ray Carter's Tips  (Read 2184 times)

RayCarter

Ray Carter's Tips
« on: November 28, 2010, 21:07:29 pm »
I've been a cop in almost every RP server i've been in and learned various tactics through experience only.
Hopefully, you can adapt these in your own duties which will help you be more efficent in your police work.

(1) Empty your Clips!
If you've got a clear shot, take it and keep firing.
I've often taken down suspects or vehicles at long range through continuous firing as a suspect drives/runs away.

(2) Window Shot
If a suspect is running for a vehicle and plans to escape in it, you may have no choice but to shoot him even if he is unarmed.
Him taking the vehicle gives him distance between him and you and a chance to escape. Once he opens the door, keep aim at the driver's seat until he closes the door. a single shot or shots through the window will take him out before he hits the gas.

(3) Keep with the Suspect!
If you're the lead in a pursuit, stay with the suspect!
If an officer crashes during a pursuit, don't stop to pick him up, take his place as the lead.
If you're LAST in the pursuit, stop and pick him up because someone else already has the lead.

(4) Be aware of your surroundings
Don't stare down the sights of your gun, or the window of your patrol car.
Check behind you when you're the lead in a pursuit, you don't wanna PIT a police car behind you.
Look for officers on foot running after suspects before opening fire, you dont wanna hit an officer before hitting the suspect.

(5) Be quick with entering and exiting
You should always leave your door open when exiting a police cruiser.
I've done PIT manuvers on suspects and quickly exited and opened fire disabling their cars.
Disabling their vehicle should always be a priority in a pursuit, it's over in a few seconds after that when their run down by police cars and forced to surrender.

(6) Think like a suspect
Sometimes I'll lose visual on a suspect in a pursuit.
Without using the radar or /area, I'll take a 'suspected' road in where a suspect may have gone.
Most of the time, I'm right! Try following main roads or driving to the nearest pay n spray.

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
Re: Ray Carter's Tips
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 05:03:37 am »
I've been a cop in almost every RP server i've been in and learned various tactics through experience only.
Hopefully, you can adapt these in your own duties which will help you be more efficent in your police work.

(1) Empty your Clips!
If you've got a clear shot, take it and keep firing.
I've often taken down suspects or vehicles at long range through continuous firing as a suspect drives/runs away.

(2) Window Shot
If a suspect is running for a vehicle and plans to escape in it, you may have no choice but to shoot him even if he is unarmed.
Him taking the vehicle gives him distance between him and you and a chance to escape. Once he opens the door, keep aim at the driver's seat until he closes the door. a single shot or shots through the window will take him out before he hits the gas.

(3) Keep with the Suspect!
If you're the lead in a pursuit, stay with the suspect!
If an officer crashes during a pursuit, don't stop to pick him up, take his place as the lead.
If you're LAST in the pursuit, stop and pick him up because someone else already has the lead.

(4) Be aware of your surroundings
Don't stare down the sights of your gun, or the window of your patrol car.
Check behind you when you're the lead in a pursuit, you don't wanna PIT a police car behind you.
Look for officers on foot running after suspects before opening fire, you dont wanna hit an officer before hitting the suspect.

(5) Be quick with entering and exiting
You should always leave your door open when exiting a police cruiser.
I've done PIT manuvers on suspects and quickly exited and opened fire disabling their cars.
Disabling their vehicle should always be a priority in a pursuit, it's over in a few seconds after that when their run down by police cars and forced to surrender.

(6) Think like a suspect
Sometimes I'll lose visual on a suspect in a pursuit.
Without using the radar or /area, I'll take a 'suspected' road in where a suspect may have gone.
Most of the time, I'm right! Try following main roads or driving to the nearest pay n spray.
1. No. The point is to arrest, not kill!
2. Not true! Shoot out his tires and he will be forced to hop out for another vehicle! Do NOT try to kill him if he's unarmed, just disable the vehicle!
3. Agreed, assuming the sub-points are followed.
4. Totally agreed!
5. Again, totally agreed!
6. Great idea! More officers need to use this point, especially!

RayCarter

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 10:11:55 am »
1. No. The point is to arrest, not kill!
2. Not true! Shoot out his tires and he will be forced to hop out for another vehicle! Do NOT try to kill him if he's unarmed, just disable the vehicle!

It all depends on the situation.

If the Suspect has murdered several cops and is low on health, there a chance to end this if it means killing him.
If it's a suspect wanted to speeding or evading, I'll disable the vehicle as it's probably the largest threat.
I wouldn't shoot him if he bailed out and ran away on foot.

Same thing again, It depends on the threat of the suspect or maybe the condition of the vehicle.
Shooting out a tyre or engine isn't effective in stopping the vehicle unless it's already damaged.
You'd have to fire quite a few times to destroy the car to force him out.

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 10:22:18 am »
Doesn't matter. Unless he is actively attacking, if he is unarmed, you shouldn't be shooting him.

Offline Kitsune

• Citizen
  • For Honour and Justice
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 15:40:18 pm »
Doesn't matter. Unless he is actively attacking, if he is unarmed, you shouldn't be shooting him.
Then what do you expect us to do when they start running away? Chase them for hours until they either get bored and give up, or accidentally get themselves killed somehow? Not even real police will just chase down a suspect without actually doing anything, but for a lack of tasers or an effective means of tackling, we have every right to fire if a suspect evades us.

Yes, we should try to take them alive if possible, but if they refuse to cooperate, then that's no longer a viable option.

Offline Sushi

• [SA:MP] Sushi
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #A2
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 16:10:46 pm »
We are bound by the limitations of the game, we cannot fully roleplay a tackle or a taser unless both parties are completely willing to cooperate. A natural cop baiter will simply deploy the bait, run for as long as possible and when they are on 0.1% of health will surrender. Who are we; if let them boost their egos because we do not shoot at someone who simply provokes people? We are the SAPD and we protect the state, this involves showing that criminals have no place within our borders.

On the other hand, Ray yes these things are all learnt through experience and are hard to teach.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast and fast is lethal.

Offline Joseph_Allen

• [SA:MP] EX SAPD Senior Officer
  • Citizen
  • A Sane Man
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 13:06:26 pm »
On the other hand, Ray yes these things are all learned through experience and are hard to teach.

Which is why the "Adopt a Freecop Program" was a good idea, who better to teach than those who have been through it first-hand?

Offline Sushi

• [SA:MP] Sushi
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #A2
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 13:23:23 pm »
That's why when I can, I'll take those who are willing to learn under my wing.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast and fast is lethal.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal