| Date: 23-09-24  Time: 09:26 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[Today at 07:17:12]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 319
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: SAPD - Department member system  (Read 9507 times)

Offline Leroy Hudson

• [SA:MP] Retired Chief
  • Citizen
SAPD - Department member system
« on: May 02, 2011, 16:20:25 pm »
From now, each Department will have a set limit of slots of Captains, Lieutenants, Sergeants, Senior Officers and Officers.

For now, each Departments will have 35 slots globally. Furthermore, there will no longer be 'Transfer Requests' for Officers who are unassigned to Departments (Such as the ones who just pass Academy). Reason being that the Departments which are in need of man power may not get enough transfers into their Department, so specific people will be allowed to assign the Cadets who become Officers to a Department, for instance;

Chief of SAPD, Deputy Chief, Academy Chief - All in charge of main recruitment, they will assign the new SAPD Officers into a Department, they will consider which Department needs most man power.

However, the transfer topic WILL remain, but be edited, so once an Officer passes Academy and gets assigned a Department (Assigned by either: Chief, Dpt Chief, Academy Chief) he can make a transfer request on this topic, but to transfer the Captain/Lieutenant of his currently assigned Department will review his 'Activity', 'Behavior'. Also to transfer to a Department, there MUST be a slot available in the opposite Department, if there is no slot, he can not transfer. (Note, A slot list will be made for all Departments). Also another topic will be made, so when an Officer passes his exam, he must post on a topic to announce he passed successfully, then the Academy Chief, Chief of SAPD or Deputy Chief will assign him to a Department, and at a later date he can transfer if he likes, using the Transfer topic, if there is an available slot in the Department he wants to go to, and if the Leaders agree.

For each and every Department, the current slot list will be as followed;
1 Captain
2 Lieutenants
4 Sergeants
8 Senior Officers
20 Officers

Current slot per Department = 35.

The slots will be changed by the Chiefs and Deputy Chiefs of SAPD only, when they see that they have not got enough Departments open for the new Officers to SAPD.

Also furthermore to press on SWAT - Team Leaders of SWAT will lead local SWAT teams such as; LVPD, LSPD, SFPD, DPD.
Commanders will lead ALL Local teams, they will handle invites, so once they find a potential Officer of SAPD to become SWAT, the Commander will give the Officer an invite to join SWAT, once the Officer joins SWAT, the Commander will ASSIGN the new SWAT member a SWAT Department, despite what his SAPD Department is. (So an LSPD Officer could be assigned to LVPD SWAT even). If the SWAT member wants go to another SWAT Department, he will discuss it with the Commander. Commanders will be in charge of making global trainings and training all Operatives to a good quality, if they don't hit satisfactory performance, they will be removed.

Offline Leroy Hudson

• Citizen
Re: SAPD - Department member system
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 16:27:27 pm »
Updated, max limit 35.

Offline Exterminator

• Citizen
  • Philip Ancelotti
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 16:34:32 pm »
I think this is actually a good idea..Now all departments can have around equal members and the assigning to Different SWATs that is a good idea too...
I like the way this is going, 140 total SAPD slots are nice too....
Clans and Groups Moderator - Philip Ancelotti

Offline Nexxt

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #FC0829
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 16:51:58 pm »
I think honestly, SWAT shouldn't be touched. It runs good for now!

Ex-SAPD Academy Director
Ex-SAPD Supervisory Sergeant
Ex-SWAT Team Leader

Paul "Nexxt" Cutler

Offline Leroy Hudson

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 17:05:42 pm »
I think honestly, SWAT shouldn't be touched. It runs good for now!

If it effects the activity of SAPD, it will be changed, as it has now.

Offline Leonardo

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 17:50:50 pm »
Good idea. This might also help to raise the activitity of the Departments as higher ranks in the PD have now limited slots you can fear loosing your ''slot'' and getting demoted due to inactivity, so another officer can get the chance to be promoted...

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
Deputy Director

former SAPD Lieutenant, DPD Member and Chief Inspector of the SAUD (old Detective Bureau)

Offline Nexxt

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #FC0829
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 18:16:01 pm »
Then I do not get the SWAT change fully, invites are not to be done by local SWAT anymore?
Team Leader is not leading a "grouped up" SWAT with members from several departments?

I do not really understand the SWAT part, sorry.

Ex-SAPD Academy Director
Ex-SAPD Supervisory Sergeant
Ex-SWAT Team Leader

Paul "Nexxt" Cutler

Offline Leroy Hudson

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 18:34:02 pm »
Then I do not get the SWAT change fully, invites are not to be done by local SWAT anymore?
Team Leader is not leading a "grouped up" SWAT with members from several departments?

I do not really understand the SWAT part, sorry.

http://arpd.argonathrpg.com/forum/index.php?topic=17942.msg150843#msg150843

Offline Ben

• Argonath Sheriff
  • Citizen
  • Credit goes to Sushi for the avatar.
  • Badge-ID: #CS2067
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 19:25:36 pm »
I don't like the fact that new officers are assigned to PD's by people who do not belong specifically to the PD...it doesn't really seem right to be, but I guess they can be moved from the department if they do not fit in...

I'm stumped at limits for each rank, I believe that each department leader is capable of realizing there must be a triangular/hierarchal structure in place without having set limits for each rank (though I understand the department limit as a whole). I guess that is because I do not believe in doing things by numbers in real life, as if I did it could cause problems  :neutral:
I'd have said the need for higher ranked Officers/NCO's would change depending on the attitude/effort of people in the department  :gandalf:
Serving DPD since 2010
Serving the ARPD since 2009

Retired Sheriff

Medal of:
Honour
x1
Whiskey x2
Loyalty x3
Respect x1
Leadership x1
Meritorious Service x2
Community Policing x2
Police Life-Saving x2

“Everything is possible for him who believes.” - Mark 9:23
You can take the man out of DPD, but you can't take the DPD out of the man - =AV=Janek

Offline Kenny

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 22:48:33 pm »
I don't like the fact that new officers are assigned to PD's by people who do not belong specifically to the PD...it doesn't really seem right to be, but I guess they can be moved from the department if they do not fit in...

SAPD Academy examiners originally am talking about old old academy; the examiners used to assign newly passed officer into departments. The transfer request topic was only used for transfering from a department to another department. Matterfact the topic itself said that new officer were to be assigned by the examiner who did their exam and should not post in the transfer topic.

However somewhere down the line end of 2010/11 the examiners became lazy and never actually assigned anyone to a department thus refering the new officers to apply for a department in transfer request topic. Leroy simply brought back the old rules.
Retired Captain..

Offline JunkMan

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 23:40:51 pm »
Supported Completely with it :)
X1
X1
Senior Officer Ziad Kiedis

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 00:01:46 am »
I love the idea, but why only 8 Senior Officers per department? Shouldn't it be a bit more than that since Senior Officers are responsible for helping out the regular Officers with their experience?

Offline Ben

• Argonath Sheriff
  • Citizen
  • Credit goes to Sushi for the avatar.
  • Badge-ID: #CS2067
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 00:28:41 am »
I love the idea, but why only 8 Senior Officers per department? Shouldn't it be a bit more than that since Senior Officers are responsible for helping out the regular Officers with their experience?
I agree with the Senior Officer point...perhaps the numbers of SAPD Officers/Senior Officers should be merged. After all, they are just more experienced Officers, and if a department has a lot of long-term members, dont more deserve that rank?

I have spoken to Ronnel about my opinion about this new rank limitation system, amongst other people.
Serving DPD since 2010
Serving the ARPD since 2009

Retired Sheriff

Medal of:
Honour
x1
Whiskey x2
Loyalty x3
Respect x1
Leadership x1
Meritorious Service x2
Community Policing x2
Police Life-Saving x2

“Everything is possible for him who believes.” - Mark 9:23
You can take the man out of DPD, but you can't take the DPD out of the man - =AV=Janek

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 01:00:30 am »
I agree with the Senior Officer point...perhaps the numbers of SAPD Officers/Senior Officers should be merged. After all, they are just more experienced Officers, and if a department has a lot of long-term members, dont more deserve that rank?

I have spoken to Ronnel about my opinion about this new rank limitation system, amongst other people.
Well Senior Officer isn't for those that have been there for a long time. It's for those that are experienced and continue to show excellent leadership and policing skills, but in a non-leadership position.

Offline Allison

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: Alicia Ross
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 01:29:34 am »
The rank limitations can bring up some serious issues in the future.

Also, the concept of this "high command setting of department" will not turn out well. You are removing the freedom of SAPD Officers to select their preferred department and location, which would also be affected by the limitations of available ranks. Officers should be able to select their desired department/area at will. Freedom is key to running an effective department, especially at such a pace and standpoint as SAPD.

The SWAT deal should be this in my opinion - Local SWAT teams commanded by a SWAT Commander, which are led by a SWAT Chief, and these local SWAT agencies can invite people for their departments SWAT team, rather than the entire SAPD SWAT command dealing with it. Seems more reasonable, don't you think?

Offline Kenny

• Citizen
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 02:43:30 am »

Also, the concept of this "high command setting of department" will not turn out well. You are removing the freedom of SAPD Officers to select their preferred department and location, which would also be affected by the limitations of available ranks. Officers should be able to select their desired department/area at will. Freedom is key to running an effective department, especially at such a pace and standpoint as SAPD.

The officer are allowed to choose which department they want to join and what not. However Departments have limited officer they can take and if its full then they will have to choose a secondary department they want to work for. Its always been like this since the departments were implemented back in 2009.

I remeber myself applied for LSPD then told it was full and had to choose another department, later on after a while when i saw LSPD had spots opened i then requested a transfer and was sucesfully that time. So before you all freak out there is no change, only different thing is that these department limitation numbers are available in public now where old command staff had them hidden.
Retired Captain..

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 03:17:33 am »

The officer are allowed to choose which department they want to join and what not. However Departments have limited officer they can take and if its full then they will have to choose a secondary department they want to work for. Its always been like this since the departments were implemented back in 2009.

I remeber myself applied for LSPD then told it was full and had to choose another department, later on after a while when i saw LSPD had spots opened i then requested a transfer and was sucesfully that time. So before you all freak out there is no change, only different thing is that these department limitation numbers are available in public now where old command staff had them hidden.
Those numbers were always public. It was just up to the department leadership if they wanted to list them in their members list or not. As for choosing departments, that is not the case. Leroy specifically stated they will be automatically assigned based on where they are needed, and can only transfer later on if the spot becomes available. That isn't the same system as before. The old system let them choose and would only be denied/moved if the situation in another department was bad enough that it was needed.

Offline Swig

• Citizen
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 03:31:26 am »
New system about transfers ..  :conf:
Let's hope it work out though  :)
EX-DPD Captain
Holder of two Meritorious Service Medals
Holder of one community policing medal
Holder of one Police Star

Offline Kenny

• Citizen
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 04:16:11 am »
Those numbers were always public. It was just up to the department leadership if they wanted to list them in their members list or not. As for choosing departments, that is not the case. Leroy specifically stated they will be automatically assigned based on where they are needed, and can only transfer later on if the spot becomes available. That isn't the same system as before. The old system let them choose and would only be denied/moved if the situation in another department was bad enough that it was needed.

Unless you know what is happeneing, dont say anything. New officer will be able to request to be assigned to a department, the Deputy Chief + and Academy chief will assign them according to the department slots. If there is a spot they will be assigned if not they will be told to choose another department. So keep your wild accusations claiming we are restricing officer from joining any department they want, the system is excatly like the old one and has not changed.
Retired Captain..

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 09:02:17 am »

Unless you know what is happeneing, dont say anything. New officer will be able to request to be assigned to a department, the Deputy Chief + and Academy chief will assign them according to the department slots. If there is a spot they will be assigned if not they will be told to choose another department. So keep your wild accusations claiming we are restricing officer from joining any department they want, the system is excatly like the old one and has not changed.
I'm not making any accusations. Leroy said it himself in the first post of this topic!

Quote from: Leroy
For now, each Departments will have 35 slots globally. Furthermore, there will no longer be 'Transfer Requests' for Officers who are unassigned to Departments (Such as the ones who just pass Academy). Reason being that the Departments which are in need of man power may not get enough transfers into their Department, so specific people will be allowed to assign the Cadets who become Officers to a Department

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal