| Date: 25-09-24  Time: 00:28 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 424
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: |SAPD|: Retirement or inactivity.  (Read 4392 times)

Offline James_Hunter

• Citizen
|SAPD|: Retirement or inactivity.
« on: September 12, 2009, 17:46:04 pm »
Good afternoon, Officers of the San Andreas Police Department.

I owe a lot of you an appology for never formally explaining my inactivity, most of all each man within the Special Weapons and Tactics division, the dedicated few whom I trained and worked with for well over a year. I don't think I can bring it upon myself to retire because of the memories i'm wrapped in here, my inactivity is because of the Infantry and university mostly, but when I do get spare time; the server no longer appeals to me the way it used to.

About a year ago when rules such as no bunny hopping was enforced in police chases, when random death matching was quickly stomped out and we had multiple organizations forming a life like busy city; was just outstanding to be a part of. "Freecops" didn't exist; everything was put through application. There was structure, discipline and organization. Do we have that any more? I'm afraid not. I had hoped to extend the discipline and organization that I had created within S.W.A.T upon the S.A.P.D, though I reached the rank of Captain; although honoured by it, it was no where near being given the power to work properly.

We had departments patroling and restricted to certain zones of the city, establishing a real network of interesting roleplay. Teamspeak wasn't something the occasional bloke went on, but the entire force! Seeing the Teamspeak channels filled with patrolling departments speaking to each other, requesting permission to cross boundries to chase after criminals... well, it created roleplay! The few names which will always stick in my head with the SAPD are; CBFasi, Vince, Alan White, Jonny Bravo, Thomas Croft, Lionz, Tovenaarke, Leon Mokomaki, Pancher, Oliver, Carhartt and Cane - all from the early days, I trained these guys into a real force to be reckoned with; our wrath wasn't just toward the criminals of Argonath, but in the gang wars servers - we kicked ass whilst looking good.

I have always tryed to show the SAPD ideas and protocols, but never been able to enforce them. Each rank, although earned - has no real meaning to it. I had to create my own tasks and roles, and it's the lack of structure and organization which is why you may be finding the SAPD to be loosing the 'zang' it once had. Though, as said - I am never completely gone, too much has happened and can happen in the city of Argonath; I just miss the old days (though one thing I find incredible is CBFasi's passion, to create a script unlike any seen before? It deserves the structure of the old days.)

Captain James Hunter,
Los Santos Police Dept.

Offline Ben Samiir

• Citizen
  • Oscars Best Police chaser '09
Re: |SAPD|: Retirement or inactivity.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 17:52:41 pm »
Good to have some news from you. Well i aim agreed whit this. I have the feeling ARPD felt down even the whole server rules. I hope whit helping eachother we can get those old times back. Their are now laws in Argo what happend whit countrie's who have no laws. Well the countrie sucks. Countrie's whit fair laws have a better way of living. So i hope old times will get back..

Medals = X10 = X7
:ps: code H.O.O.T.C.H.I.E.

lance

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 17:59:49 pm »
About your words about the script CBF made, I fully agree, In all those years ArgonathRPG exists on SAMP, we never had such a nice script. CBF has put loads of efforts in it, now see what is happening. People abuse every single command, People don't know anymore what it is to Roleplay. If we could turn the clock back to the past and when we had such an awesome script like now, it would be just perfect. A nice script, Nice Roleplay, Organisation!

PS: It isn't only ARPD it is the whole server.. I quited playing, aslong it doesn't improves, I won't return.

Offline Shawn Edwards

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 18:00:40 pm »
Good afternoon, Officers of the San Andreas Police Department.

I owe a lot of you an appology for never formally explaining my inactivity, most of all each man within the Special Weapons and Tactics division, the dedicated few whom I trained and worked with for well over a year. I don't think I can bring it upon myself to retire because of the memories i'm wrapped in here, my inactivity is because of the Infantry and university mostly, but when I do get spare time; the server no longer appeals to me the way it used to be.

About a year ago when rules such as no bunny hopping was enforced in police chases, when random death matching was quickly stomped out and we had multiple organizations forming a life like busy city; was just out standing to be a part of. "Freecops" didn't exist; everything was put through application. There was structure, discipline and organization. Do we have that any more? I'm afraid not. I had hoped to extend the discipline and organization that I had created within S.W.A.T upon the S.A.P.D, though I reached the rank of Captain; although honoured by it, it was no where near being given the power to work properly.

We had departments patroling and restricted to certain zones of the city, establishing a real network of interesting roleplay. Teamspeak wasn't something the occasional bloke went on, but the entire force! Seeing the Teamspeak channels filled with patrolling departments speaking to each other, requesting permission to cross boundries to chase after criminals... well, it created roleplay! The few names which will always stick in my head with the SAPD are; CBFasi, Vince, Alan White, Jonny Bravo, Thomas Croft, Lionz, Tovenaarke, Leon Mokomaki, Pancher, Oliver, Carhartt and Cane - all from the early days, I trained these guys into a real force to be reckoned with; our wrath wasn't just toward the criminals of Argonath, but in the gang wars servers - we kicked ass whilst looking good.

I have always tryed to show the SAPD ideas and protocols, but never been able to enforce them. Each rank, although earned - has no real meaning to it. I had to create my own tasks and rolls, and it's the lack of structure and organization which is why you may be finding the SAPD to be loosing the zang it once had. Though, as said - I am never completely gone, too much has happened and can happen in the city of Argonath; I just miss the old days (though one thing I find incredible is CBFasi's passion, to create a script unlike any seen before? It deserves the structure of the old days.)

Captain James Hunter,
Los Santos Police Dept.

I am Speechless.  :conf: This is a Great Speech. You Caught my Attention.  :app:

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 18:04:43 pm »
That's James, Shawn. ;)

Nice to hear from you on the forum again, James, I know how you feel. A lot of it changes for the good and for the bad, and a lot of it just changes. Sadly, we all know it's not like it used to be, there's different people to deal with, but there are memories for a reason. A small hope, and feeling that things could and are back to the old days when it's late and there's a good bit of people on TeamSpeak. I love the speech, Captain Hunter, and hope to see you in the server soon.

PS: FlameMan, he's not leaving for the FBI or retiring, don't say resignation accepted.

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 18:51:20 pm »
Hehe, I remember kicking ass with you in RS3. All went downhill when RS4 came out and our whole crew just fell apart.

Good luck with your studies, I hope that one day you'll come back into full activity, James.

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
  • Badge-ID: #P49
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 19:53:09 pm »
I've told you on MSN... SWAT is currently without a commander, and although you're [CORRECTIVE BUT INFORMATIVE DISCIPLINE  :lol:] through the mic, you were a great leader... I really miss you like when RS4 came... We patrolled all day long and those were one of the funniest day ever...

And btw, my name is Thomas Crof... No T!!

- Thomas
Signed by: Thomas 'Leroy' Crof

Offline Bianconeri

• Citizen
  • ex-LT., ex-Academy Chief, ex-AV Developer
  • SA-MP: Bianconeri
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 20:58:34 pm »
good to hear from you James,
lots of ppl missed you a lot, you could be a pain in the ass sometimes,
but you always have been a great leader and SWAT commander

i think everyone would like to see you ingame sometimes, even for only short time each weak

good luck with the army and the university
Proud ex Lieutenant - SAPD Examiner - Head of SAPD Academy

Proud ARPD 10 times medal holder

Offline Leon_Mokomaki

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 02:43:59 am »
i know its old but  :cry: :cry: :cry:

jemerson

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 06:30:39 am »
I ahve heard countless stories about you! I want to meet you really bad! Argonath is what WE make it. We need to be the change we want to see.

Offline Shawn Edwards

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 18:31:42 pm »
I was fortunate to actually meet him in game once, and was honered to be his Heli Pilot during a 207 Operation at the Drug Ship in SF.  :fly2:

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 10:55:50 am »
That was an absolutely amazing speech sir, and I totally agree with you. We may not all agree on the certain points you mentioned regarding freedoms and limits, but thye reasoning and outcomes behind them are definitely what needed to be strived for. I remember back when MTA:VC itself was also very active. It took me forever to set up an appointment to have my officer testing, and not because of inactivity/laziness! It was because there were so many officers ahead of me on the list also waiting. Argonath in it's own ways was once and still is amazing. The roleplay may have changed, but the fun hasn't. It's the other emotions, such as anger, pride, and the hunger for power which have increased and caused many areas of roleplay to become corrupted.

James, honestly I would like to hear any ideas you have on fixing these issues we have today, but preferably ones we could enforce without limiting users from the abilities of RP by taking away features and jobs. I would absolutely love to see the old days exist with today's current form of RP. That would be mind-blowing, and quite the accomplishment.

Offline Bianconeri

• Citizen
  • ex-LT., ex-Academy Chief, ex-AV Developer
  • SA-MP: Bianconeri
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 11:05:50 am »
was sad to hear him go,
but i understand him fully,

i mostly left myself too, although im after a month of completele abscence a bit more back

also sad that some of the coming officers+ didnt even really met him at all,
James is really a wonderfull police officer, one of the best there was,
and he had an attitude on its own, everyone who knows him knows what i mean  ;)
Proud ex Lieutenant - SAPD Examiner - Head of SAPD Academy

Proud ARPD 10 times medal holder

Offline Jonny O'Sullivan

• Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 12:02:06 pm »
Completly agree on that one Bianconeri, it was sad to see you go James. We had some fun times together  ;) Makes me laugh just thinking back to them! You were a great Officer and especially the best Commander SWAT has ever had, you knew what to do in any situation.

We miss you James!
Signed,
Jonny O'Sullivan.

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 12:29:38 pm »
Completly agree on that one Bianconeri, it was sad to see you go James. We had some fun times together  ;) Makes me laugh just thinking back to them! You were a great Officer and especially the best Commander SWAT has ever had, you knew what to do in any situation.

We miss you James!

We sure do.. I miss the "retard" over TS :D

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 17:32:10 pm »

We miss you James!

We sure do.. I miss the "retard" over TS :D
u talkin bout me :gandalf:

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 19:23:48 pm »
James said it to you, so yeah :D

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 13:16:25 pm »

We were all retards in arms.... Oh, the times..

Vince was the captain retard though.

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2009, 20:06:44 pm »
Oliver.. Could you teach me how to BUMP that good?  :trust:

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 20:29:47 pm »

We were all retards in arms.... Oh, the times..

Vince was the captain retard though.

No I was

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal