| Date: 28-09-24  Time: 05:13 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 250
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Question for ARPD Cheif's & Captains.  (Read 3045 times)

Offline [XS]_Rob

• Citizen
Question for ARPD Cheif's & Captains.
« on: January 07, 2008, 15:03:00 pm »
Ok, well, i was on my other account being wanted & having fun, and i was in LSPD, and Douglas_Hawker or whatever, & a cadet was following me through DPD & LVPD Area's....

I said /p Douglas your out of jurisdiction.

He goes "so? your still in my visual and captain hank said i follow the suspect in my view" - somthing like that.

Personally i think its stupid that LSPD get to drive their dirty ass cars in our district without anyone consulting anyone in DPD at all, and we cant go anywhere...

So, why should their be jurisdictions, when apparently people cannot follow them.
Hell, why even ARPD then?
Why not just be a gang of cops that DM all the "orange guys", cause no one listen, or even follow the rules of ARPD when captains/cheifs arent on.

This is pissing me off, i thought ARPD was back on top in organization and 'professionalism' - apparently not.
Sheriff Hayden Mendez.

Offline Luca_Scalise

• [SA:MP] Retired Chief
  • Citizen
  • 2007 July - 2008 February
Re: Question for ARPD Cheif's & Captains.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 16:38:31 pm »
We don't let the suspects escape just because they go in another jurisdiction, there is not such rule "you can't follow suspects in other counties and cities" but just the "you can't patrol outside your boundaries". So you don't need to flame the whole LSPD. We prefere to arrest a criminal than let him go away, and every unit from SF, LV and Dillimore can chase the suspects in LS (if they come from their zone) without problems..

Offline [XS]_Rob

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 17:12:51 pm »
Flame?
What flame?

All i said was that they have dirty ass cars :D

Anyways, so your saying 'jurisdiction rule' dosent count?
Sheriff Hayden Mendez.

Offline Kitsune

• Citizen
  • For Honour and Justice
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 06:38:57 am »
Anyways, so your saying 'jurisdiction rule' dosent count?
there is not such rule "you can't follow suspects in other counties and cities" but just the "you can't patrol outside your boundaries"
It appears that you have an incorrect understanding of this rule, read the second quote carefully.

Offline Jaaskaa

• Citizen
  • THE Man
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 08:35:54 am »
Just like in real life ... I already did a post on argo about this .. I'll copy what I wrote here

I have a basic formation in law but I know some cops and that some people who play on this server are some real cops also ... After making a phonecall (annoying someone sunday at 9:40 am to talk about his job ... they'll like me :P but I wanted to be sure) this is the answer I got :
- If the pursuit began in a town but go out of this town, the officer is allowed to keep the chase going, excepted if :
  -He is ordered to stop the pursuit by the city where the chase is now (or the department) because they judge the situation as too dangerous or
  - If the chase as gone out of two (2) jurisdiction from the basic one (May vary from states or province to province or area, sub area or such, inform yourself at your local PD of your town to know) ... let say you have LS that start the chase like in the actual case, well, following this IRL rule, they are allowed to keep chasing you through all the DPD area, they could have followed through SF and since LV is considered as being 2 states away from LS, they were allowed to keep chasing you there ...

What is not allowed is that a cop, who see an offence, that don't put the life of a civilan in direct danger, start a chase with a criminal who was in another jurisdiction at this very moment of the crime. In example ( try it in real life if you want) : If a LSPD car is parked just beside the jurisdiction line ... let say the bridge at the southwest ... and that you pass in front of him at normal speed and that on the other side you begin to do some wreckless driving, he is not allowed to chase you.

This is what a real cop told me, and I adapted it for SAMP ...
Attention! At ease! Break off!

Offline Luca_Scalise

• [SA:MP] Retired Chief
  • Citizen
  • 2007 July - 2008 February
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 21:31:25 pm »
It depends on the organisation of every nation... in the USA every city has its police/sheriff.. in italy there is basically the state police without restriction or jurisdictions (except for outsite the national borders)

But considering the lack of activities in some argonath divisions, i don't think the "strict jurisdiction" would be good. Im against the random patrol outside your boundaries, but a criminal is still a criminal and he should be arrested.

Offline Jaaskaa

• Citizen
  • THE Man
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 05:04:16 am »
Well again if you read in the U.S., you will see that it is common' that a chase that began in a county, it sometimes end up in another and then you can see the cars from 3 different counties sometimes, so even if it's strict, at some point, there's a co operation ...
Attention! At ease! Break off!

Offline [R*]Wdoyle2

• [V:MP] LSPD Officer
  • Fort Carson Chief - Current Gun: Shotgun
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 14:02:44 pm »
Well techinacally you are incorrect LUCA.
We don't let the suspects escape just because they go in another jurisdiction, there is not such rule "you can't follow suspects in other counties and cities" but just the "you can't patrol outside your boundaries".

In america, which san andreas is based upon, if the crimnal enters another jurstidiction such as mexico then the cops cannot enter no matter what they leave it for the following mexican cops to follow.
This should be the same in argonath i believe else i got some LSPD cowboys entering bone county and trying to tell me how to grow my crops ready for winter harvest.
Regards
Warren
Ingame Name: Haldir
*Haldir misplaces his whiskey bottle in the suspect's car.
Haldir: Have you been drinking.
Suspect: No officer.
Haldir: Then whos is that whiskey bottle!
Suspect: Yours.
Haldir: I wondered were that went.

Offline [Rstar]CBFASI

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 00:27:53 am »

In america, which san andreas is based upon, if the crimnal enters another jurstidiction such as mexico then the cops cannot enter no matter what they leave it for the following mexican cops to follow.
This should be the same in argonath i believe else i got some LSPD cowboys entering bone county and trying to tell me how to grow my crops ready for winter harvest.
Regards
Warren

Luca talks about the USA, it does NOT contain Mexico.. Mexico is not just another State, is a whole different country, like any other national boundries outside of Europe.

The SA region is like a country or even just a state, with either states or counties inside (depends on what level you see it at)
While in chase jurisdiction shoud not apply although many cops have used it in the past as an excuse to stop chasing, and also many crims complain when they chased across these jurisdiction boundaries as they expect the cops to stop.

Patroling as has been said ought to be in own jurisdiction, although can be outside if permission obtained from the senoir ARPD representative on duty in the region you intend entering.
Ex ARPD Commisioner
Retired SAPD Chief
Retired SWAT Commander

[RBC]Vu4eCa

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 20:06:13 pm »
I really think it is pretty enough that you inform the DPD (or SF or LV) PD , and if u do not get any answer from officer no matter if cadet or officer,u just go out of the jurisdiction.If you are LS cop and get in Dillmore County you wont eat the cops diner,you will just help for gettin the suspect.IRL (as in Mexico specially) when a suspect is heading to the border most of the Units are warned and they are waiting (even with a blockage).On Argonath this is possible only if there are many cops online.If there are not i DO NOT see a reason why shouldnt u enter the others jurisdiction.
                                                         Best regards-DPD Officer TheLegend

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal