| Date: 24-09-24  Time: 11:13 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[Yesterday at 07:17:12]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 307
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: CHANGES that will affect ALL ARPD  (Read 42727 times)

Offline ElMartu

• Citizen
Re: CHANGES that will affect ALL ARPD
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2010, 04:28:37 am »
Yes. It's good, having different colors only meant you were above us, while both SAPD and FBI command staff said that we were equals. :)

because lately, criminals are being smart ass, when i tell them put your hands up, i will search you, they put it up, ad before i even type "/me serhces" the guy type "found nothing", its funny because i didnt even search him and he types found nothing  and some of them, i know they have drugs i ask them to hand it in, yet they refuse untill i call an admin to help. so this is making our job a little harder

1. Admins should never be called for such a case, they're already busy enough to deal with a case that can be solved by yourself (point 2)

2. Roleplay well. They might actually give you something. If they don't, refer to Jcs DPD manual on how to conduct a cavity search.

Offline Kenny

• Citizen
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2010, 19:50:50 pm »
Maybe you should try to roleplay with some assholes, who dont give a shit about anything. people turning simple traffic stop to a C30 and criminals chasing cops. You know we get like only 180 smg and some deagle, this criminals just bring out like some combat and blast you away while you typing to tell them to /gu. and that 180 smg just runs out soo quickly because in this laggy conditions and most of the time, they are HP bugged. If we had maybe better equipment or something, like maybe more SMG or maybe free armour atleast, since we the cops are always in danger, more than the other police organisation who get weaponequip.

Just yesterday, me and JRockie were trying to arrest this criminal, and when we RP cuff him since he didnt wanna /gu, he kept on gettign in the car, and as soon as i get in the car, he gets out, and when i get out of the car, then he gets in, he did that like more than 20 times, so how can you roleplay with idiots like that? JRockie was present on scene and can collabrote this story.

Its just that no matter how much rules we make and we follow, we always gonna find someone who wount follow your guidline or even bother to RP.

This is not a moan or flame to any other police organisation, its just my opinion on how i see things, am sure alot of cops can agree with me.
Retired Captain..

Offline ElMartu

• Citizen
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2010, 20:43:30 pm »
Maybe you should try to roleplay with some assholes, who dont give a shit about anything. people turning simple traffic stop to a C30 and criminals chasing cops. You know we get like only 180 smg and some deagle, this criminals just bring out like some combat and blast you away while you typing to tell them to /gu. and that 180 smg just runs out soo quickly because in this laggy conditions and most of the time, they are HP bugged. If we had maybe better equipment or something, like maybe more SMG or maybe free armour atleast, since we the cops are always in danger, more than the other police organisation who get weaponequip.

Just yesterday, me and JRockie were trying to arrest this criminal, and when we RP cuff him since he didnt wanna /gu, he kept on gettign in the car, and as soon as i get in the car, he gets out, and when i get out of the car, then he gets in, he did that like more than 20 times, so how can you roleplay with idiots like that? JRockie was present on scene and can collabrote this story.

Its just that no matter how much rules we make and we follow, we always gonna find someone who wount follow your guidline or even bother to RP.

This is not a moan or flame to any other police organisation, its just my opinion on how i see things, am sure alot of cops can agree with me.

Overll response to this post... If they don't roleplay, kill them. If you die in the process, oh well, it's just a game.

Offline Bamf

• Citizen
  • To Serve and Protect
« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2010, 14:42:07 pm »
In my oppinion Officer, FBI Agents SWAT Should have the Dark blue agian because its like there is nothing special to be an officer anymore its like ALL! or nearly all civillians disrespect cops because they think many are Freecops unless the known "Officers" but i like the idea with Frisk, i have seen alot of abuse :), (( its my oppinion not my desicion )) and about the frisk its nice to make some more RP now, its just pain in the ass to e true when like ALL criminals says
" Raise your hands, i've to do a regualary body check for any Drugs, weapons etc... "
- bla bla bla, in the meantime searhcing...
" (( what did i find? ))
" su: (( nothing ))

its like every suspect does that becaue now they cant get busted unless they RP or get busted at the weedfield

Signed by officer Bamf

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2010, 14:44:14 pm »
  Being an officer is not about "being special", it is about being a good cop and wanting to work as a team will fellow officers.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline AndrewR

• Citizen
« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2010, 14:55:06 pm »
  Being an officer is not about "being special", it is about being a good cop and wanting to work as a team will fellow officers.

Yeah but now officers do not get respected at all...

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2010, 16:53:01 pm »

Yeah but now officers do not get respected at all...

If you were 'respected' just because of your color then I'm sad to say that you've never been respected.

Offline [R*]Austin

• Top Kop (SA:MP)
  • [V:MP] LSPD Sergeant
« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2010, 17:37:16 pm »
Respect is relative.
If you do your work how you are supposed to do it, you certainly have the respect of your fellow officers.

Thanks Car :)

Offline SafetyMoose

• [SA:MP]Angel Pine SD
  • Citizen
  • Angel Pine PD
  • Badge-ID: 5043
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2010, 01:43:27 am »
Respect is relative.
If you do your work how you are supposed to do it, you certainly have the respect of your fellow officers.

When you have something working just fine, and everyb ody likes it, Why change it at the risk of losing everything you gained?
Enyone who knows enything about business would understand that -_-
| SAPD Officer | Serving Since 2009 | Angel Pine Sheriff's Office |

Offline =AV=Mark Visacci

• Citizen
  • Better to make friends than enemies
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2010, 09:22:37 am »
I like the idea of the name color changes, but can't you make frisk allowed for "Officers" only so "freecops" do not abuse it? (If that was the problem, that is) But yeah... everybody seems to have the same thing I was gonna say... What if the following occurs:

Cop: Any drugs or weapons on you?
Criminal: No
Cop - *Procedes to RP search*
Cop: Alright have a good day
Criminal - *Takes out gun and kills cop*

[Just a situation that has recently happened to me... Annoying as hell!!]

MMark "American Express" Visacci
- =AV=Grzesiek

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2010, 09:34:02 am »
I like the idea of the name color changes, but can't you make frisk allowed for "Officers" only so "freecops" do not abuse it? (If that was the problem, that is) But yeah... everybody seems to have the same thing I was gonna say... What if the following occurs:
Frisk was officer-only and as such, abused by officers+

Cop: Any drugs or weapons on you?
Criminal: No
Cop - *Procedes to RP search*
Cop: Alright have a good day
Criminal - *Takes out gun and kills cop*

Then the criminal is just a deathmatcher and you should report them to the admins.

Offline SafetyMoose

• [SA:MP]Angel Pine SD
  • Citizen
  • Angel Pine PD
  • Badge-ID: 5043
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2010, 09:43:17 am »
If frisk is abused by an officer they should be punished for it... Getting rid of the command was the easy way out because people are to lazy to be strict and actually spend time taking action.
| SAPD Officer | Serving Since 2009 | Angel Pine Sheriff's Office |

Offline =AV=Mark Visacci

• Citizen
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2010, 10:25:23 am »
Ahh alright.. I say we start a petition of people who want /frisk back  :)

Anybody who abuses:
 1st offense = Warning
 2nd offense = Fired from SAPD

- =AV=Grzesiek

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2010, 11:08:38 am »
  In the first place /frisk was a shortcut for forced RP. It was abused, yes. However one of the main reasons it was removed was because it obliterated most related RP. Cops didn't have to RP with it (and most didn't) and criminals were forced to comply with the RP regardless of their own style or intentions. If they had drugs they were forced to go to jail and hand over no matter what RP was involved; if there was any, and that was the end of it.

If frisk is abused by an officer they should be punished for it... Getting rid of the command was the easy way out because people are to lazy to be strict and actually spend time taking action.
  I will assume the people who are "too lazy to spend time taking action" are the Command Staff and admins since they are the only ones who can..
  SafetyMoose we do not operate perfect server with magic pixies watching everyone. How could everyone possibly be investigated and punished for abusing /frisk? Your argument is completely absurd! It's more to do with players being lazy and not bothering to RP than abusers being punished. 

Why should command staff have to work overtime over a constantly misused command? Why should everyone's time be spent on abusers? Why should abusers be the priority? Asking these questions hopefully you will understand a little better the decision eventually made.

Another problem, is that too many cops view the server as a cops and robbers server. Your in SAPD so you automatically want things easier for yourselves to catch robbers. I see many cops want more weapons, easier commands **Cough /m1** to make it easier for you to catch criminals. Only the few who are nt cops full time might realise that it is these scripts that reduce the quality and imagination used in RP. There are few less that would give the criminals the upper-hand for the sake of some decent RP.

LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline =AV=Mark Visacci

• Citizen
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2010, 11:55:54 am »
I have an idea... Instead of having a command, like /frisk, which makes you take their stuff... Have a command that tell you if they have any illegal items (guns, drugs) on their person, and you would have to RP a search and "take" (If they comply with RP to give over) them. So there will be a required RP and no pissed off people with cops taking their stuff and leaving with no RP at all.

- =AV=Grzesiek

Offline StatuZ

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #1809
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2010, 12:03:28 pm »
I have an idea... Instead of having a command, like /frisk, which makes you take their stuff... Have a command that tell you if they have any illegal items (guns, drugs) on their person, and you would have to RP a search and "take" (If they comply with RP to give over) them. So there will be a required RP and no pissed off people with cops taking their stuff and leaving with no RP at all.

I think that they should place a zero tolerance policy on /frisk. If someone abuses it, and the suspect post proof (Such as screendumps), the person should be /friskbanned, demoted to securityguard, or completely copbanned?

3x Meritorious Service Medal
1x Community Policing Medal
1x Police Life-Saving Medal
1x Police Star

Offline J. Prilo

• Citizen
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2010, 12:27:40 pm »
I must say, I enjoy the interrogation more without the /frisk command. As someone said earlier, the command was just a cheap shortcut for roleplay, and for stats. It's not about catching as much drugs as possible, it's about the roleplay. It increases the roleplay most likely the double, probably more, if you do the frisk without the command, you know.
Joseph Prilo
San Andreas Police Department Officer (MTA:SA)
Ex- San Andreas Police Department Officer (SA:MP)
| Ex- Vice City Police Department Officer (VC:MP)
Meritorious Service Medal x1

Offline JDC

• SA:MP Manager
  • Citizen
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Badge-ID: #69420
  • SA-MP: [Rstar]JDC
  • VC:MP: [R*]JDC
  • V:MP: [Rstar]JDC
  • Discord: JDC#0664
« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2010, 13:43:06 pm »
Although I do kinda miss the dark blue FBI names ( :( ), there are no problems overall, as it lets us blend in with other cops.

I am freekop again! :D
Quote from: Gandalf on June 08, 2013, 01:35:37 pm
The most important part is interacting with others and meeting people from around the world.

SA:MP Manager | Officer-In-Charge (OIC), San Andreas State Government | Pope of Argonath
Retired FBI Director (MTA:VC, VC:MP) and Division Chief (SA:MP)

Offline =AV=Mark Visacci

• Citizen
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2010, 13:48:42 pm »
I must say, I enjoy the interrogation more without the /frisk command. As someone said earlier, the command was just a cheap shortcut for roleplay, and for stats. It's not about catching as much drugs as possible, it's about the roleplay. It increases the roleplay most likely the double, probably more, if you do the frisk without the command, you know.

Well you could RP a frisk.. then do the actual command at the end to see what you get... I mean.. I just like honest players, thats why I would like the frisk command reactivated for Officers. But yeah.. the screen dump thing is a good idea. You guys could make a script for when /frisk is used it automatically takes a screenshot, along with chatlog from past minute or so, But that could use up a lott of space pretty fast. I'll do anything it takes to get /frisk back.

- =AV=Grzesiek

Offline J. Prilo

• Citizen
« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2010, 15:05:14 pm »

Well you could RP a frisk.. then do the actual command at the end to see what you get... I mean.. I just like honest players, thats why I would like the frisk command reactivated for Officers. But yeah.. the screen dump thing is a good idea. You guys could make a script for when /frisk is used it automatically takes a screenshot, along with chatlog from past minute or so, But that could use up a lott of space pretty fast. I'll do anything it takes to get /frisk back.

We all got different views of this case, I believe.
Joseph Prilo
San Andreas Police Department Officer (MTA:SA)
Ex- San Andreas Police Department Officer (SA:MP)
| Ex- Vice City Police Department Officer (VC:MP)
Meritorious Service Medal x1

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal