| Date: 25-09-24  Time: 01:24 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 417
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Police Camera popping up  (Read 10440 times)

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
Police Camera popping up
« on: February 16, 2010, 18:27:02 pm »

Ok I keep it quick and expand later since I don't have much time.

Today I saw old players RPing "Speed Cameras". They told me that they were RPing "Inanimate objects".

My super quick summary and arguements:

1 RPing inanimate objects should be able to use /su ? I think it's unfair that no one can interact with these players in an RP way (because they pretend to be a camera), yet /su is an accepted force RP.
2 I suggested to use camera vans and actually RP cops with speed guns. Although this never happened (would make a lot better RP, since cameras cant ignore everyone who tries to RP then).
3 Creates a lot more serious crimes than solves smaller crimes. Granted, initially I welcomed the idea, seeing su's come to LSPD to pay fines... but then I realise most people go to cameras to get /su intentionally so they can get police chase. Also, many who do not want to pay fine will go on to commit severe crimes such as shooting, evading etc...

Bottom line. I would have liked to arrest and question these speed cameras, for reason 3. However since they would not RP (Because they were being inanimate) that makes further RP impossible. Yet they are still allowed to make all these suspects out of nothing.

And yes, I am a guy who will never fine for speeding. So much more RP to be had than handing out a fine.

So what are your views on these sadistic players?
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Matrixbob

• Citizen
Re: Police Camera popping up
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 18:34:44 pm »
I agree totatly withall of that Jcstodds. These cameras are nice but there causeing to much crime as it is. I suggest they need to be taken down and officers do the speed gun. Because in real life they just take a picture of your licese plate. And you get your ticket in the mail. They don't really suspect at all. This is a great idea but they need to put a BOLO out on the car and id of the car.(Be On the Look Out) But this is just causeing LS to get swarmed with suspects.
Proud:
Former SAPD Captain
Former SWAT Head Tactical Commander 2009 to 2010
Former FBI Assistant Director

Offline Jonny O'Sullivan

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 18:38:43 pm »
Yeah it's a good idea but it has gotten way out of hand. I witnessed three poeple getting suspected for speeding with 30 seconds, also they make no attempt to actually RP and they are causing alot of many other serious crimes as JCS said. I feel that they should not just straight /su the suspects they should notify other officer, for example: Be advised, <name> was caught speeding over <speed>.
Signed,
Jonny O'Sullivan.

Offline Billy_Duke

• Citizen
  • Sadly I was a dumbass and is
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 18:44:39 pm »
And I just witnessed some abuse on CAMERA_36's part,It suspected a Corleone I believe for over 80khm in Market when the Corleone mentioned WASENT EVEN IN A CAR.

Offline Salmonella

• [VC:MP] SWAT Commander
  • Citizen
  • MIR NACH!
    • Skype - salmonellaabe
  • Badge-ID: #VC0004
  • SA-MP: =AV=Salmonella
  • VC:MP: =AV=Salmonella
  • IV:MP: [AV]Salmonella
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 18:45:03 pm »
To be honest  like the idea of a suspect bot, maybe it will hlep decreasing the amount of moans after some time.

Offline Billy_Duke

• Citizen
  • Sadly I was a dumbass and is
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 18:46:40 pm »
To be honest  like the idea of a suspect bot, maybe it will hlep decreasing the amount of moans after some time.

We already have a suspect bot,it called nothing but when you kill someone it auto suspects you

Offline Jeremy Santos

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 18:52:59 pm »
I agree totatly withall of that Jcstodds. These cameras are nice but there causeing to much crime as it is. I suggest they need to be taken down and officers do the speed gun. Because in real life they just take a picture of your licese plate. And you get your ticket in the mail. They don't really suspect at all. This is a great idea but they need to put a BOLO out on the car and id of the car.(Be On the Look Out) But this is just causeing LS to get swarmed with suspects.
Yeah it's a good idea but it has gotten way out of hand. I witnessed three poeple getting suspected for speeding with 30 seconds, also they make no attempt to actually RP and they are causing alot of many other serious crimes as JCS said. I feel that they should not just straight /su the suspects they should notify other officer, for example: Be advised, <name> was caught speeding over <speed>.
This is way out of hand they are only causing more suspects and our making it hard for Officers to do their job. all these suspects out number Police, and people are just going by the cameras to just get suspeted,and causing them to DM the people rping the cameras.

Offline Matrixbob

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 19:01:16 pm »
If i do recall Procdure states if someone is speeding attempt to pullover first. Not suspect them right away.
Proud:
Former SAPD Captain
Former SWAT Head Tactical Commander 2009 to 2010
Former FBI Assistant Director

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 19:19:05 pm »
  The players that are doing it are all freecops. However are not new cops. I remember one of them was a SWAT operative.

So SAPD procedures are not in effect. HOWEVER, as they are freecops, SAPD can stand up and take action if felt appropriate.

A headup though. Rapists are not effective against them.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline smey

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 19:59:31 pm »
I don't mind them. 50% of the people suspected go pay the fine, and the rest are guys who are suspected 60% of their time in-game anyways. It creates some nice RP for cops who want to protect them, and those who want to stop them :)

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 21:48:49 pm »
I don't mind them. 50% of the people suspected go pay the fine, and the rest are guys who are suspected 60% of their time in-game anyways. It creates some nice RP for cops who want to protect them, and those who want to stop them :)

Agreed on creating RP for protecting and destroying (hehe).

HOWEVER. Speed camera on a roof? Speed camera in a heli? Taking it a bit too far. As these 'speed cameras' become magic super cameras that can never switch off, identify crimes by sight and be invincible since they are inanimate objects rather than a person who can be interacted with.

If they were officers in vans with lazer guns to identify speeders they would have my full support. As officers can be interacted with. The cameras can be RPed with (whether a vehicle or weapon camera), and of course the officers are susceptible to attacks and then of course will need protection. What I do not like, is the forcing /su on players with hardly any RP involved for the /su in the first place and being invincible because they are RPing inanimate objects which gives severe limitations on any other RP.

It is the equivalent, in my eyes, as doing this: "I am a gun, I will /die everyone who I shoot. If I die myself, I will become another gun". (ok this is a very exaggerated concept that of course I would never do, but I try to get the point across).

Ending point. This is not cops and robbers server. Despite how much some of you would like it to be.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline MikeUK

• Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 23:00:27 pm »
Gatso's (Speed cameras) work by taking 2 images within .5 of a second of each other of the same car, so if they want to do this they should be able to do /speed [ID] with a .5 of a second gap between the command and work out an average, the way they work in reality is the lines painted on the tarmac determine the car's speed.

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 00:37:34 am »
In a way this is enforcing speeding but I don't like it because it is force rping. It is fine if they do it but atleast pull them over than suspect them. I remeber this yesterday and I didn't like this one bit. Speed Cameras not recommended.

Offline Panda

• Citizen
  • Since May '07.
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 01:29:08 am »
The amount of suspects is not healthy for cops or for civilians.
Granted, I usually get suspected anyway, but a lot of people are just getting sussed for pretty much no reason. I actually got suspected today whilst stationary because the camera player fails so badly.

All you end up with is an army of unarmed suspects in extremely fast cars. This is not good.
As much as I enjoy tormenting the (immortal and unrelenting) speed camera griefers, it will get annoying for people who are just driving around.

It was no issue before, but its probably worth noting that 80kmph is f**king slow.
Officer "Panda" Ryuzaki

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 06:15:42 am »
Someone was suspected for going 83 km/h going though the speed cam and get suspected. It should be  :ban: It really isn't really making since it is just taking out of the traffic stops. I don't mind if Officers stage and look for speeders and pull them over, but seriously an automatic suspect? In real life, if you get caught by a speed cam then you get a ticket through the mail, not going to go to jail. LOL this is outrageous. Also, I think it is [NP]Curse that started this all. Didn't he change his name to Secretservices, now? ughh. As ARPD we have to get this to stop, it isn't right.

Offline Darren Flier

• Citizen
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 11:11:11 am »
thanks to the police cameras, now we don't need to pull over speeders, they will immediately pop up at LSPD, the pulling over procedure, if not agreed by both sides is also force rp, so suspecting for speeding is actually correct.They are civilians of Argonath and know the law, however I think that only continuous speeding deserves a suspect.
lol

Offline Cruel Cooking Chef Curry Alterlis

• San Andreas Highway Patrol - Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • 067's Gaming
    • Skype - corey067
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 12:07:40 pm »
Yes, it is force RP, and can get problem like Point 3 as Jcs told.

But... these cameras show us how the player drive... and break the traffic law, even they passed their driving lessons and exams, they learned the speed limit and how to drive, but when they got the license, They don't obey it anymore, they just keep saying "Argo don't support force RP", In my oponion, it's just stupid excusion.

Players just need to drive slower then, obey the traffic law, at least the Driving Part...
Now most players moan about them, being abused, I would like to ask, how abusing? If you drive fast, break traffic law, You get suspected. Pay the fine, or go to jail, and obey the traffic laws, how that's simple of fixing these problems?

What about if ARPD got more Traffic Enforcement Officer? who pull over/fine/arrest every reckless/speeder drivers?
Will "those people" moan again?

Please, get the point of both Positive and Negative ways.
Signed,
Corey Alterlis

Argonath RPG Fire Department - Station 2's Company Chief
San Andreas Highway Patrol - Commissioner

Offline battle

• Citizen
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 12:45:53 pm »
I have been rammed to hell by ppl driving like 180+ within city borders untill these came. Now it's actually safe to cruise around with getting hammered into by a car going with the speed of a bullet :P

Offline Hiroaki

• Citizen
  • Alterlis
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 12:54:15 pm »
FYI
yesterday guy named "Nigel_James" using suspect reason "SPEED CAMERA | ABOVE **KPH"
Warned,or banned for abusing camhack.
   COURTESY
 PROFESSIONALISM
RESPECT

Ex LSPD Senior Officer
2x Meritorious Service Medal
1x Community Policing Medal

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 14:55:15 pm »
  I drive like crazy all the time and no ones ever pulled me over  :redface:

I seriously do not like the attitude of 'su for speeding' full stop. It's a game, if you keep getting smashed up at a million miles an hour why not look where your going? Speeding is fun. Driving slow is boring (unless it has purpose, e.g. limo). Really this is taking it too far for me. I accept that some officers will su for speeding. But these 'cameras' are /su all players over 80kph without any RP interaction. This is too far, and I think is ruining ARPD, that we are suspected people for crimes so petty. All this is doing, no matter what reason, is turning server into a cops and robber mashup. People will RP less when SU. That is a truth I believe in. More people su, less people who RP.

Edit: I previously mention this is ruining ARPD. Even though the 'cameras' are not ARPD as such, they are being fully supported by many ARPD members.
LSPD Chief Stodds

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal