| Date: 25-09-24  Time: 06:26 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 430
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: New idea - Backup command  (Read 12149 times)

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
Re: New idea - Backup command
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 17:33:56 pm »
Also, I don't want newbies in my patrol i want officer +

What makes you think any officer+ would want you if you have that sort of elitist attitude? You're a freecop yourself, you shouldn't even be able to choose your partners.

BTW, I think I had one-two positive comments on my second application (One by Thomas and one by ChaNce). It doesn't really mean shit to be honest. Skills as an officer matter more than your everyday people skills.

Offline Jack

• Citizen
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 17:42:04 pm »
So you were recommended by a few people, that means nothing. Your suppose to get positive feedback on your application.
Besides, half of those "Complements" are more along the lines of "I have seen you, your alight".

So you mean who commented these comments are nothing?

"Sgt. Schappell , Sergeant Vice, Fawkes, [AV]Janek, Hellmuth, Plam Knight,[G], =AV=Spartan, Matrixbob, [SD]RoryAnstruther, =AV=JimmyBowling[SD] "

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 17:44:45 pm »
So you were recommended by a few people, that means nothing. Your suppose to get positive feedback on your application.
Besides, half of those "Complements" are more along the lines of "I have seen you, your alight".

So you mean who commented these comments are nothing?

"Sgt. Schappell , Sergeant Vice, Fawkes, [AV]Janek, Hellmuth, Plam Knight,[G], =AV=Spartan, Matrixbob, [SD]RoryAnstruther, =AV=JimmyBowling[SD] "

How about you learn to READ A POST THOROUGHLY instead of making a conclusion after two words.
Boozman said that the comments themselves mean nothing, not the people who made the comments.

Offline Jack

• Citizen
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 17:46:04 pm »
What makes you think any officer+ would want you if you have that sort of elitist attitude? You're a freecop yourself, you shouldn't even be able to choose your partners.

BTW, I think I had one-two positive comments on my second application (One by Thomas and one by ChaNce). It doesn't really mean shit to be honest. Skills as an officer matter more than your everyday people skills.

True, That you don't know me.

When i /pm officer +
Answer is : Yes - Sure - Bust atm but meet me at LSPD in 3min.......etc

So what will make you think that i'm Bad cop?
If my internet didn't disconnect on my 1st application 2009 i could be Sergeant + Right now.

How about you learn to READ A POST THOROUGHLY instead of making a conclusion after two words.
Boozman said that the comments themselves mean nothing, not the people who made the comments.

How about you just don't talk and read this?
Quote from: GiacJr In game
We accept freecops based on comments in their application

I highly suggest you don't post again in this topic and only others talk about the idea.

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 17:50:33 pm »

Did I say you're a bad cop?

That's just Giac being Giac, as I said I had two positive comments yet I was accepted as a cadet.
Besides, I just clarified what BOOZMAN said. AGAIN, you are jumping to conclusions like a complete moron. Read the bloody post first.

Your replies are becoming more and more arduous to comprehend, you could really use actually paying attention in your English lessons.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 18:06:46 pm »
 :lol:

I apologise if you thought I was speaking personally about you Andrew. Please realise my post was aimed at the readers of this topic and opposing your idea and I did not intend to oppose the person behind it. My post would have been the same for whoever would have posted the idea since I don't take notice of the author. You give an idea and want feedback, that is what you get. I notice you didn't actually comment on my criticism of the idea and only read "no one like you?". I hope other readers will understand what I was getting at. 

I'm just going to quote to explain, since my post was lost in a mound of offtopic:
  It is pretty lazy. If you lose criminal because you cannot call for backup, it is obvious you need a partner. Can't get a partner? Well it's not that difficult really. You shouldn't use that as an excuse. No one like you? Pay a hooker to be a cop with you. No money? Don't drive, be a passenger in someone elses PD car and use radio for them. 

Of course players like to drive round by themselves. I do too. I never use /m1 /s1 and of course I lose some criminals whilst shouting banter at them through /m but then I just pull over and use /r to tell them where I lose the suspect and where he is heading.

If you are in a car chase and backup /bu tells them location, this command will not work. Since the criminal is likely to be driving into a different area any time soon and to keep them updated you would have to spam the police radio a lot. With a partner he can relay position AND direction of the suspect to allow nearby units to intercept more accurately and with less spam than this command can do. 

This is aimed at everyone who reads this. There are so many players who say "I never find anyone to patrol with" and provide poor excuses such as "no one want to patrol with me". I was just covering a few scenarios of what to do if no one liked you, or you had no money. Although prostitutes are a lot rarer (and more expensive) than other cops if you're looking for a partner.

You should calm down a bit, you posted your idea and have now gone off on a wild tangent about whether people like you or not. People reading this topic will do so to comment on your idea, not your ingame life (unless you provoke them to do so, like you have). So please focus on your idea and not take things unnecessarily as a personal attack.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Matrixbob

• Citizen
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 18:09:01 pm »
might be a lazzy idea guys/girls. But it will be a quicker way to call in backup. Then sitting there typing in where you at due to that might get you killed.
Proud:
Former SAPD Captain
Former SWAT Head Tactical Commander 2009 to 2010
Former FBI Assistant Director

Offline Alan Demarest

• Citizen
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 18:26:53 pm »
might be a lazzy idea guys/girls. But it will be a quicker way to call in backup. Then sitting there typing in where you at due to that might get you killed.

This goes for both sides, shall we script it for criminals aswell?

LAZY!

RayCarter

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 18:39:37 pm »
I'd like to point out that it's called /GU and not /GiveUp or /HandsUp for a reason. It's f**king quicker.

Offline Alan Demarest

• Citizen
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 18:45:25 pm »
I'd like to point out that it's called /GU and not /GiveUp or /HandsUp for a reason. It's f**king quicker.

As with /megaphone1, /Megaphone2, /megaphone3, /megaphone, /suspect.

Offline ThomasJ

• Citizen
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2010, 20:02:19 pm »
Lock this up, lazy idea and too much flame  :app:
Freecop Thomas at your service[/b]

Offline Jack

• Citizen
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2010, 20:07:05 pm »

That's just Giac being Giac, as I said I had two positive comments yet I was accepted as a cadet.
Besides, I just clarified what BOOZMAN said. AGAIN, you are jumping to conclusions like a complete moron. Read the bloody post first.

Your replies are becoming more and more arduous to comprehend, you could really use actually paying attention in your English lessons.

Your comments meant that "Noone likes 2 patrol with you" = "You fail as cop" but not true anyway just drop this because you fail in insutling cuz u r moron :)

Offline Plam Knight

• SAMP Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: *LV1609
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2010, 20:12:30 pm »

Your comments meant that "Noone likes 2 patrol with you" = "You fail as cop" but not true anyway just drop this because you fail in insutling cuz u r moron :)

First Oliver is hundreads times better cop then you are.
Second your idea remainds me again of Cops and Robbers server.
Third don't insult fellow SAPD member, especially if they are higher rank then you.

Offline Boozman

• [Retired] Academy Chief
  • Citizen
  • "Summum ius, summa iniuria"
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2010, 20:14:14 pm »
Third don't insult fellow SAPD member, especially if he is higher rank then you.
This.

Someone lock this shit, the flaming coming from the topic author is f**king ridiculous.
If you think this is the way to become a Cadet, think again.

Former LSPD Lieutenant, Academy Chief, Application Manager, SWAT Team Leader
Served August 10th, 2009 - June 10th, 2011;

Awards Achieved
Meritorious Service Medal x4
Community Policing Medal x1
Cadet of the Month (August '09)
The Vincent A. Vice 'Pat-on-the-Back' Award x1

Offline ThomasJ

• Citizen
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 20:28:19 pm »
+1
Freecop Thomas at your service[/b]

Offline Kenny

• Citizen
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2010, 20:40:00 pm »

"/bu (code)" = Request backup at idlewood Code 3
For Example : "/bu C3"

"/bu (Suspect Id) (Code) = Request backup on SU43 at Idlewood Code 3
For Example : "/bu 43 c3"

"/bu (Code) = Request backup at idlewood Code purple
For Example : "/bu Cp"

Its interesting idea but tell me how will this work excatly?

How would the script know our location, because it says "/bu c3" yet you typed "request backup idelowood code 3" How did the "idelwood" bit come in there?

Am i the only one noticing the above consitntecy?

Retired Captain..

Offline Bert

• Ex D.P.D. Sheriff
  • Citizen
  • A.K.A. BKP
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2010, 20:40:29 pm »

"/bu (code)" = Request backup at idlewood Code 3
For Example : "/bu C3"

"/bu (Suspect Id) (Code) = Request backup on SU43 at Idlewood Code 3
For Example : "/bu 43 c3"

"/bu (Code) = Request backup at idlewood Code purple
For Example : "/bu Cp"

Its interesting idea but tell me how will this work excatly?

How would the script know our location, because it says "/bu c3" yet you typed "request backup idelowood code 3" How did the "idelwood" bit come in there?

Am i the only one noticing the above consitntecy?

Like /area ?
BKP

Offline Jack

• Citizen
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2010, 02:00:18 am »
Third don't insult fellow SAPD member, especially if they are higher rank then you.

From my old application
Quote from: Plam Knight
Training Report

Cadet name: Andrew_Jackson
Training/ Patrol date:18 March 2010
Patrol Summary:We started our training from LSPD.The first thing we tested was Police Communication and codes he did everything briliant.Then we had little talk so he can rest and then we procced on Laws.He did very good but he have to tell the things in there full form but still very good.After tthat we wend on the Shooting at Fort Carson.That part was the best of all,he got all 4/4 tires.I tried his driving also it was perfect.but he has one big problem the map usage but I am sure he will get it soon.His RP is better then the most players at Argonath.I can purely say that this cadet is the best of all I trained and I am sure he is better cop then me.

Training areas covered: General RP,Police communication and codes,SAPD Laws and General Behaviour,Driving,Shooting.

General RP: 5/5
Police communication and codes: 5/5
SAPD Laws and General Behaviour: 5/5 
Driving, Shooting: 5/5
Locations: 5/5

Notes/ Suggestions: I Officer Plam Knight recommend this cadet for officer.He can take his exam right now if you give him a chance of course.

I don't think so that he is better than me, Because you said by yourself "I am sure he is better cop than me" also "I can purely say that this cadet is the best of all I trained"
And you said my mark is A+

Just drop it and talk on the new idea.

Offline Mac_Cabrazi

• Citizen
  • This is the coolest badge in the world
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2010, 02:04:28 am »
server is already full of commands for lazy people  there still is less rp going on in Argonath so no i do not support this you can type your own backup call by yourself and the command itself is a native command to many notorious cops and robbers servers.  If you add this command people will moan and complain that argonath is becoming cops and robbers the criminals will definently moan about this causing more problems

Offline Badandy

• Citizen
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2010, 02:09:04 am »
Dont Be lazy!  :war:

Police Officer III Andrew Badden
Internal Affairs Investigator
San Andreas Police Department "to protect and serve"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal