| Date: 03-10-24  Time: 11:13 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Womans in your city for night - Authentic Damsels by TechnoManiac98
[September 30, 2024, 10:52:51 am]

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 272
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Fort Carson goes anti-black  (Read 8859 times)

Offline Edo

• [SA:MP] Recruit of LVPD
  • Citizen
Re: Fort Carson goes anti-black
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 11:50:12 am »
What I don't understand is why you went against SAPD protocol to have the officers use non-duty weaponry... :P
Jack please sod off with your whiny attitude. It is obvious you are just nit picking and trying to get me into trouble over silly little things. If you want something interesting to do, follow me round with a camera. It would make for some interesting RP.

Get real please, I have been RPing the same cop character (drunken sheriff) for over 2 years in SAPD, and have been in SAPD as long as everyone. No, I really do not care about police protocal. Reason players like me and why no one complains about my cop character: my RP is FUN, FAIR and FEASIBLE, and so civilians are refreshed after finding a cop that is not a robot, who is not sadistic, and who is not chasing orange dots. There are NO complaints for any of my actions from civilians: and vast majority of my actions are not in police protocal.

Sorry Jack, but I will never carry pepperspray because that is worst RP killing weapon in the game. I do not carry a baton, because all you can do is beat people with it and has little  RP application. Reason why I do not carry normal guns? I only kill 1/10 suspects. I don't even need guns, I just have them to look badass - and they fit with my character.

Cause I am not your regular cop.
I am the Sheriff of Fort Carson.    :cowb:

So....beautiful.....you made me cry there  :cry:

Offline Webster

• Citizen
  • VENI VIDI VICI
  • Badge-ID: #117
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 12:26:38 pm »
What I don't understand is why you went against SAPD protocol to have the officers use non-duty weaponry... :P
Jack please sod off with your whiny attitude. It is obvious you are just nit picking and trying to get me into trouble over silly little things. If you want something interesting to do, follow me round with a camera. It would make for some interesting RP.

Get real please, I have been RPing the same cop character (drunken sheriff) for over 2 years in SAPD, and have been in SAPD as long as everyone. No, I really do not care about police protocal. Reason players like me and why no one complains about my cop character: my RP is FUN, FAIR and FEASIBLE, and so civilians are refreshed after finding a cop that is not a robot, who is not sadistic, and who is not chasing orange dots. There are NO complaints for any of my actions from civilians: and vast majority of my actions are not in police protocal.

Sorry Jack, but I will never carry pepperspray because that is worst RP killing weapon in the game. I do not carry a baton, because all you can do is beat people with it and has little  RP application. Reason why I do not carry normal guns? I only kill 1/10 suspects. I don't even need guns, I just have them to look badass - and they fit with my character.

So....beautiful.....you made me cry there  :cry:

JAY HUNTER
SAN ANDREAS POLICE DEPARTMENT
S.A.P.D. Sergeant | S.W.A.T. Commander | S.A.P.D. Detective

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2010, 14:28:36 pm »

Way to provoke. Keep in mind I'm the one that told you on MSN about the topic so YOU wouldn't get into trouble.
Secondly, I didn't mention it to get ANYONE in trouble. I made a comment, which you obviously took as a reason to make a completely off-topic post in regards to your feelings on the situation. I never once mentioned your name in my post regarding the weapon usage, so don't assume I'm speaking about you.
Third, just to point out that you completely failed to state your point in a valid way, you blatantly said that pepper spray is a RP killing weapon. If you read the official weapon usage protocol from back when it was introduced, it was added as a way to subdue suspects so they cannot attack, not a way to kill them. Just because people commonly abuse it doesn't mean it's right to assume that that's why it exists. Again, with what you said:
I do not carry a baton, because all you can do is beat people with it and has little RP application.
Not true. It can be used as a way of non-lethal or less-lethal force when an unarmed suspect is attacking. Just like I said before, just because people abuse it's usage doesn't mean that's why it exists. You say there's no RP application for it? You've done plenty of "corrupt cop" and "rob the cops" RP's in the past that it would have been plenty useful for. A suspect could easily RP taking it from the cop's belt and attacking him/her with it, or a "corrupt cop" could use it to beat a suspect illegally, causing a "corrupt cop" RP to emerge.

As for saying you don't need guns, that's fine. I never said your RP's were disallowed, EVER. I just asked why the protocol wasn't followed on such a RP. If you had said something like "It was a RP that both sides agreed to doing", then that would've been fine as it would've fallen under that exception. Instead, you proceeded to personally use your topic to attack me. I understand your reasoning for protecting yourself and your RP, and I honestly enjoy the fact that you think out of the box on your RP's, but you also need to understand that just because you have an opinion, it doesn't make it a downright fact that applies to every user in the server. Please try and work on understanding this. I know police abuse is heavily common, especially in the SA:MP server, but that doesn't mean we all do it. I think I've made my point clear enough now, so if you want to continue discussing, I'll gladly do it via PM, MSN, or the like. Please don't take my post as any sort of provocation or flame, as it is not meant that way.

Offline Bert

• Ex D.P.D. Sheriff
  • Citizen
  • A.K.A. BKP
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 15:25:48 pm »
You can't cut a melon, cook meat on fire etc with a nitestick, but you can with a katana  :roll:
BKP

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2010, 15:48:11 pm »

Jack I think you misunderstood most of my post. None of it was about abuse in any way. I know what abuse is. Do not think I am making any assumptions based on this. Also, the SAPD police guide is not at all a roleplay guide. If you know the SAPD protocal, it does not make you a good roleplayer, it just means you can learn to be a more lifelike cop.

Joke or not, this is still clearly racism. I'm going to be forwarding this topic to SA:MP SAPD Command Staff for final judgement. I can't believe this was even posted...

Hank, I just noticed that this was also carried out, against SAPD protocol, with non-duty weaponry...

Way to provoke.  I didn't mention it to get ANYONE in trouble.  don't assume I'm speaking about you.
The main point of my post was because of the above. Maybe I misread, and if so I apologise. But really you should think about what your posting.

I did not assume you were talking about me, but I don't want anyone to get in trouble simply cause they joined in with my RP. Just makes it worse that you would try do that. And please do not claim I am making stupid assumptions about abuse.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 15:49:59 pm »
You can't cut a melon, cook meat on fire etc with a nitestick, but you can with a katana  :roll:
  Oh but wait, with a nitestick, you can beat people with it and start corrupt RP!  :app: Think of the possibilities!

Also ever tried digging a grave with a nitestick?

Sorry couldn't help myself.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Mack

• [V:MP] Marshall Garner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: 107
  • SA-MP: Sophie_Miles
  • IV:MP: Mack
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 15:54:54 pm »
Thing is, this is sheriff business. My character doesn't understand the way they handle things, nor does it support them.

However, personally, I like Jcstodds roleplays, and after his explanation, its kinda clear why he did so.

And yes, my character will always remain a typical metropolitan cop, who dislikes the dirty and rigid nature of sheriffs, and doesnt support their methods! :P
LSPD Academy Leader - Sergeant Marshall Garner
Los Santos Police Department
---
Ex SAPD Academy Interviewer+Instructor & Ex SWAT Operative

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2010, 16:20:58 pm »
  Oh but wait, with a nitestick, you can beat people with it and start corrupt RP!  :app: Think of the possibilities!

Also ever tried digging a grave with a nitestick?

Sorry couldn't help myself.
You are dissing a standard weapon's ability to RP. Sure, it doesn't have alot of obvious RP reasons, but it has some, and I'm sure with such a good imagination, you can come up with more.

Offline Joseph_Allen

• [SA:MP] EX SAPD Senior Officer
  • Citizen
  • A Sane Man
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2010, 11:08:59 am »
Thing is, this is sheriff business. My character doesn't understand the way they handle things, nor does it support them.

However, personally, I like Jcstodds' roleplays, and after his explanation, its kinda clear why he did so.

And yes, my character will always remain a typical metropolitan cop, who dislikes the dirty and rigid nature of sheriffs, and doesnt support their methods! :P

That's just it, everybody has his way of making and doing RP. There is not one set way for everyone to have enjoyable Role Play.

It might not be my place to say this but just let sleeping dogs lie. No one got hurt in that incident (figuratively speaking) and the criminals even agreed to it. So by the looks of it there was nothing wrong.

Offline Sushi

• [SA:MP] Sushi
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #A2
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2010, 12:26:09 pm »
I like to interact with the gangs and families on and off duty. On duty it normally gets me killed but I don't mind as long as it's fun, off duty, it normally gets me in the middle of a firefight.

As for Jcs form of RP, I honestly don't think Frank gave a bugger whether he died or not and his gang didn't either. :D

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast and fast is lethal.

Offline Champion266

• Citizen
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2010, 18:30:46 pm »
Unfortunately it seems some officers are too ignorant to actually understand the roleplay that was involved.

not sure if that is directed towards me but if it is then when the hell did i say i was against this?i just posted our adventure and i really had fun  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2010, 03:54:18 am »
Unfortunately it seems some officers are too ignorant to actually understand the roleplay that was involved.

not sure if that is directed towards me but if it is then when the hell did i say i was against this?i just posted our adventure and i really had fun  :mad: :mad: :mad:
  You posted it without any explanation, and the topic name is completely wrong! Sorry that comment was a little harsh though  :(

Anyway, the fight at the end was only half the fun for me :P
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline iRonald

• Maxwell Cole
  • Citizen
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2010, 04:44:22 am »
When i first read this, I thought it was very Racist. But when i saw what Jc Wrote, I think differently now.

Offline Dolfa

• Citizen
    • Skype - dolfa.kiedis
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2010, 06:48:55 am »
Indeed the topic's name made me kinda angry, but now that Jcs explained it, well I'd like to RP with you too :P
Dolfa Kiedis
LSPD Officer

I say what I want to say and do what I want to do. There's no in between. People will either love you for it or hate you for it.

Ex. LSPD and SFPD Lieutenant
Ex. SWAT Team Leader
2009-2013

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal