| Date: 21-09-24  Time: 02:27 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 228
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: The state of the SAPD: Some words you all don't want to hear.  (Read 6775 times)

Offline GiacJr

• Citizen
I couldn't help but notice in my daily travels that the SAPD is in lock down. In my 5 and a half years on Argonath SA:MP, never has the SAPD gotten to the point where this kind of action has been necessary. To me, this raises some questions - some questions that none of you want to hear - but I'm going to say it all anyway.
Despite what elaborate and technical reason the SAPD Command Staff may give for the reason of this event, everything that happens in the SAPD reflects on them and their committment and their actions. What does this mean to you, to me, to the Department? It means that a failure on behalf of the CMD Staff results in a failure of the SAPD as a whole. Never before has this happened until now.

As the kind of person I am, I typically keep myself updated on the situations in Argonath, the state of the groups and such. I've been noticing an increasing trend in the amount of punishments issued by the SAPD against its Officers. This can be the result of two things - one, you're not stating the rules/regulations well enough to prevent the Officers from disobeying them, or two, you're accepting the complete wrong people into the SAPD Academy and not devoting enough time and attention to them to ensure their quality. I must admit - back when I was promoted directly from civilian to DPD Captain in 2007, Aragorn did this without knowing my policing skills at all. I admit, I didn't even know what 10-4 was for a very long time. But I posessed the ability to organise my men, to effectively judge whether or not an applicant was worthy, and to ensure that my men were well disciplined. I was new to the job, but my work did not lead to a lock down.

Following my ascension to DPD Chief, and subsequently SAPD Deputy Chief, Mr. Hank Rafferty and Luca_Scalise (I believe) became the SAPD Chiefs, following [Rstar]Kaltsu. These two men were able to keep the PD fun, whilst ensuring its professionalism. This was essential to the PD's survival. This crafted the SAPD into what it was up until mid-2011.

These stories of course have no meaning yet, so I'll add some meaning to them. I'm of the belief that the only way to properly achieve reform and clarity in the SAPD is to not only remove non-SAPD Command Staff members, but remove everyone. It is literally, physically, virtually impossible for the SAPD to have gotten this way without any fault of the Command Staff, and for that, they should be subject to review also. No, not by Pancher, no, not by Paul, not even by Jaaskaa, but by Gandalf or Aragorn, those who actually have the community's core values at the heart of everything they do. If any of you are sitting here observing this lockdown and believing it is your fault or your friend's fault, stop. No matter who got fired or suspended or yelled at, it is the failure of those above you. If they had properly given orders, if they had been clear enough on rules and regulations, if they had been active enough to ensure that this was all happening, then the SAPD could perhaps be at its best level in years.

However, the vast majority of the SAPD Command Staff are currently administrators ingame, a fact which I believe has resulted in lower abilities of them. They are forced to dedicate 75% of their IG time to admin work, which removes SAPD time, which removes interactions with their men, which disables them from properly observing their work and their men. Sure, you can always pass on the workload to the Sergeants, but in the end, it is you who is responsible. And today, at this lock down, you, and only you are responsible.

I know that I might have resigned a while ago, I know I might be in Corleone now, but that doesn't mean that I enjoy seeing the SAPD in this way. I care about the SAPD because it has the potential to enable some incredibly fun and awesome Roleplay - and I know this better than most, because I have always been and always will be a supporter of freedom on this server. In 2011 when Hank Rafferty tried to remove the ability for DPD to do some of the things they were known for, I was furious. In the end, I handed in my badge, because I knew, as is being evidenced today, that the moment the SAPD puts excessive restrictions and adds too many boundaries on its men, the quality will lower.

This would all be useless information without me proposing a solution, so here goes.

SAPD Command Staff; from Pancher down to the Lieutenants, I encourage you to stand back and take a look at yourselves. If you are one of those who is a moderator or admin, resign from admin or resign from SAPD. They do not go well together, as you must dedicate your full time to admin work, and your full time to SAPD. Those of you who are not, you need to review the behaviour of those who you have been directly responsible for. If you see that there is excessive misbehaviour, resign. Be honourable, take responsibility for your actions, and resign. Be a model for all of your men who you are representing, and show them that it is incredibly important to stay true to the rules and regulations. Those of you who think you're far too important and vital to have possibly played any part in this lock down, you're way too proud to be in your position and you should also resign. Reinstate someone like Hank Rafferty as sole Chief, a guy who dedicated his whole time to SAPD, who knew what discipline was, who understood how to communicate and be ingame regularly. Reinstate someone like [Rstar]Vince, who was able to do his job whilst also having fun in a way that respected the rules and regulations. Promote someone like Jcstodds, who knows damn straight how to Roleplay in an exciting way that involves everyone. NOW is the time to take action to ensure that this doesn't happen again. This situation is not the fault of the Cadets, Senior Officers, Sergeants or Supervisory Sergeants; it is the fault of those who are responsible for them.

Take responsibility for your actions, be a role model, stop thinking you're above everything, and get this wonderful institution back on track. There is no other way. Firing half the force will do nothing but give criminals free reign. Scaring everyone into doing their job will not work, it will encourage misbehaviour. You must give them freedom to do their job the way they think it must be done - otherwise they will undoubtedly cross the line. I saw a post the other day that said "only Command Staff may drive non-duty vehicles whilst on duty" - this is not good. This is putting yourself above your men. This is a force where you all work together, for the betterment of the streets, so you had better put yourself on the same level as your men, otherwise they will not respect you and you will have situations that lead to action such as this lock down.

I have no doubt that this post has offended everyone who has the ability to edit or remove posts, so I will also be posting this on the Argonath forums, and if censorship also occurs there, I'll be knocking door to door to every single person I can to ensure that my message gets out there and heard, so I think it'd be best if we don't censor my opinion, because either way, it's going to be heard. That's the GiacJr way.

Signed,
Giac Junior

( :ps: All updates on the lock-down issue will be found here. Also, Paul has informed me that Command Staff will not be escaping review; however my points still stand and I still do believe that there should be some blame and responsibility placed on command by themselves - if they recognise that they are a big part of the issue, then their men will be eternally respectful of that.)
2007 ranks - DPD Captain, DPD Chief.
2008 ranks - SAPD Deputy Chief, SAPD Sergeant, 207 topkop.
2009 ranks - SAPD Application Manager, DPD Sergeant, DPD Lieutenant, DPD Transfer Request Manager.
2010 ranks - DPD Captain, SWAT Associate.
2011 ranks - LSPD Officer, DPD Officer.
Medals - 4 Meritorious Service Medals, 3 Community Policing Medals, 1 Police Star Medal.

Offline Jack Baker

• Citizen
Re: The state of the SAPD: Some words you all don't want to hear.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 14:30:48 pm »
Nothing to add, i agree with you.

Offline =AV=Craft

• [SA:MP] Civil Court Judge
  • Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 14:52:53 pm »
I think the problem is that people leave argonath or go to the FBI an resign. After a few months they come back and are instantly Sergant+. In the new era lets not have this happen.

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 14:52:59 pm »
I wish to add something. I didnt really want to say this so i wouldnt be accused of shitting, but i'll use the opportunity. Please do not find this offensive, but it's my perspective of view.

Locking the whole SAPD down was really unecessary step. And what i see, is that captains still have their badges. That is the wrong thing to do.

Why?

If stuff like that happened in SAPD, which lead to a such a step like a closedown, it rises more questions than gives answers.
It is obvious that someone who was supposed to supervise officers , was not doing their job properly.
I'm aiming my fingers to captains. They were supposed to supervise their departament and make sure that everything is in order. Now, if a captain couldnt notice that officers are performing serious misconducts of SAPD policies such as taking a bus , loading up a busload of officers and going arond the map abusing fellow ARPD officers and citizens (if you do not know what im talking about, take a look at the topic "LSPD Special patrol" in argonath forums) , his abilities to be a captain is in question.

As i said before, this is only my opinion and it doesnt necessarily mean it's true. Please, do not get offended, nothing personal.
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

Offline SeanC

• Citizen
    • Skype - SeanC1607
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 14:58:41 pm »
We are putting the SAPD on lock-down to stop it from going down the hill.
The past few months, we've been having officers getting reported for obvious reasons, the ones that they should know by common sense.

Basically, we removed everyone to review them, the current academy, department, division, procedures, regulations and so.
The ones who we think should stay, will be considered and to be watched and trained professionally, not just going through a session where they have the procedures and codes explained to them and 'I understand' is expected, no.

What we are trying to reach is not realism but professionalism and sense of being a police officer.
We're not stopping you from having fun, that's the point of the game but this is an role-playing game for a reason as well.

For example, I was recently told not to wear the 'cop biker' skin when being in the SFPD. No offense, but at that point I felt rather offended than actually punished. I remember Hank Rafferty's statement of 'Wear the Police Skin that fits the best with your role", and for me, that is the biker skin functioning as Pilot for Air Reconaissance.
However, when I appeared infront of the command, I was directly told to remove it as I needed the traditional moustache skin.
There were no direct point of my command staff stopping you from wearing the cop biker skin. I believe it was another skin and for a special operation and training which is a requirement to be noticed as a department.
Each department has its own rules and this was one of ours.

Officers going on-duty, having fun by making some sort of Clown Department is of course something extraordinary, but to me that is absolutely no reason to give someone a warning, unless complaints from citizens are made to the SAPD Command.
This is the problem. We don't want to wait for a complain to come to get something fixed.
What we aim for is a clean 'report to leaders' board because there is no complain about how the SAPD members are causing mayhem in the game.

SAPD has always have its own rule and we expect our members to follow them but if they can't follow a simple one then we'll have to do something else to prevent them.
Its just as good as the server rules, when you broke them, the admin tries to settle it before punishing, but if it continues, something has to be done about it and in this case, we want to keep everyone out until everything is set and done within the PD again.

Offline =AV=Craft

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 15:02:20 pm »
I believe everyone other then Paul and pan her should be demoted. As Max said its all of our faults not just a officer or cadet.

Offline Deluca

• [SA:MP] SWAT Team Leader
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #140
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 15:05:24 pm »
This is clearly a situation that is not easy. I agree with the part with administration and police work. This whole lock-down made the circumstances very uneasy. As Max said, more questions are given, than answered.

Offline Aldo

• [Retired] SAPD Officer & SWAT Operative
  • Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 15:19:50 pm »
Everybody should be removed and re-evaluated
1x Police Life Saving Medal

Offline GiacJr

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 15:22:17 pm »
Basically, we removed everyone to review them, the current academy, department, division, procedures, regulations and so.
The ones who we think should stay, will be considered and to be watched and trained professionally, not just going through a session where they have the procedures and codes explained to them and 'I understand' is expected, no.

What we are trying to reach is not realism but professionalism and sense of being a police officer.
We're not stopping you from having fun, that's the point of the game but this is an role-playing game for a reason as well.
Just like Paul, you've completely missed the point of my topic. The Officers do not get to a point where they are all being reported unless the Command Staff has majorly messed up, and it is under this logic that I believe action should not be limited to non-Command Staff. Stop shifting the blame and take some responsibility.
2009 ranks - SAPD Application Manager, DPD Sergeant, DPD Lieutenant, DPD Transfer Request Manager.
Medals - 4 Meritorious Service Medals, 3 Community Policing Medals, 1 Police Star Medal.

Offline =AV=Craft

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 15:24:05 pm »
Everybody should be removed and re-evaluated

Like a boss Aldo something I agree 100% with.

Offline Lionel Valdes

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 15:32:46 pm »
Yes. Command Staff should really interact with their men instead of considering the administration as the top responsibility. Example: Cyril Olaso (no offense). 

LIONEL VALDES
FORMER DEPUTY CHIEF, CHIEF OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES

Offline Cyril

• SA:MP Division Leader
  • Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 15:35:10 pm »
Yes. Command Staff should really interact with their men instead of considering the administration as the top responsibility. Example: Cyril Olaso (no offense). 

What's up ?

Offline Lionel Valdes

• Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 15:36:40 pm »
Nah, just something related to focusing on administration rather than cop work..

LIONEL VALDES
FORMER DEPUTY CHIEF, CHIEF OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES

Offline =AV=Craft

• Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 15:38:26 pm »
I believe the server would be better if people that left SAPD (ex. Flameman) should not just be instantly set as captain.

No hard feelings ment.

Offline Cyril

• Citizen
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 15:39:49 pm »
FlameMan is an outstanding Captain and doing a lot for SAPD/LVPD.. If you have problems with some SAPD Upper-cmd, send your feelings to Paul/Pancher/Jaaskaa, but not in public.

Offline GiacJr

• Citizen
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 15:41:26 pm »
FlameMan is an outstanding Captain and doing a lot for SAPD/LVPD.. If you have problems with some SAPD Upper-cmd, send your feelings to Paul/Pancher/Jaaskaa, but not in public.
So why not in public? Scared of him looking bad to the world? You guys have gotta learn that public criticism comes with the job. Stop trying to hush hush everything behind closed doors. Transparency is absolutely vital to this institution.

Offline Jack Baker

• Citizen
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 15:42:14 pm »
One thing, why do all of you come up with this after a decision is made by SAPD COMMAND?

You're now all blaming SAPD Command, still you didnt reply earlier and it was the SAPD Command who started taking action, something some of you are accusing them for doing nothing.

Offline =AV=Craft

• Citizen
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 15:43:17 pm »

I have nothing wrong with Flameman I'm just saying let the people who stood by SAPD and didn't leave have a chance at captain. Also Paul resigned.

Offline Cyril

• Citizen
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 15:44:02 pm »
So why not in public? Scared of him looking bad to the world? You guys have gotta learn that public criticism comes with the job. Stop trying to hush hush everything behind closed doors. Transparency is absolutely vital to this institution.

It's called respect. If you have something to say to someone, you go and tell him directly and not attempt to make him look bad in public.

Offline =AV=Craft

• Citizen
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 15:47:01 pm »

It's called respect. If you have something to say to someone, you go and tell him directly and not attempt to make him look bad in public.

Again I'm not just saying Flameman I have no Prolem with him. Also plam wasn't SAPD before this all time low now he's captain or lt . Read my other post.

I have nothing wrong with Flameman I'm just saying let the people who stood by SAPD and didn't leave have a chance at captain. Also Paul resigned.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal