| Date: 25-09-24  Time: 01:14 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 337
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Police Camera popping up  (Read 10423 times)

Offline Batta

• Citizen
Re: Police Camera popping up
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 15:27:32 pm »
I agree Jcs
IV:MP former Administrator, FBI 2nd Commander, CMB/COL Director, SSDS Driving Instructor

Offline Panda

• Citizen
  • Since May '07.
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 19:21:14 pm »
even they passed their driving lessons and exams,

I never did any.

they learned the speed limit and how to drive, but when they got the license, They don't obey it anymore,

Like real life then, or is that just Britain?

Now most players moan about them, being abused, I would like to ask, how abusing?

I got suspected whilst stationary at a junction.
This is how they are abusing.

If you drive fast, break traffic law, You get suspected.

Which is shit.

What about if ARPD got more Traffic Enforcement Officer? who pull over/fine/arrest every reckless/speeder drivers?

I have absolutely no issue with officers giving chase and attempting to pull me over.
At least then have a chance to quickly escape their suspect range and "succeed" as it were at escaping the cops right there. I will of course then have to change car, but whatever - that is fun for me and I don't mind getting suspected then.
Getting suspected by a griefer who has absolutely no intention of chasing you himself is not fun in any way, and is ruining the entire SAPD's reputation, because whilst they are not SAPD they are supported by many members of the SAPD.

I seriously do not like the attitude of 'su for speeding' full stop.

I agree, there should be a small chance to escape a pullover without suspection.

It's a game,

QFT @ this entire idea.

Speeding is fun. Driving slow is boring

Exactly. Also see quote above this one.

But these 'cameras' are /su all players over 80kph without any RP interaction.

Exactly, there is no communication at all, just a random suspection, which is retarded.

All this is doing, no matter what reason, is turning server into a cops and robber mashup.

Indeed, half the server is suspected and half the server is cops, because all the civilians are out of money from the /ad "tax increase" :(.

People will RP less when SU. That is a truth I believe in. More people su, less people who RP.

Quoted for obvious point that people need to think about. o=

Edit: I previously mention this is ruining ARPD. Even though the 'cameras' are not ARPD as such, they are being fully supported by many ARPD members.

Indeed.

And once again:

It's a game,
Officer "Panda" Ryuzaki

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 23:02:11 pm »
I agree with Jcstodds and yes it is ruining the ARPD.

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 23:11:32 pm »
I'd rather drive fast and have fun than turn Argonath into tedious real life. The idea of auto-suspecting speed cameras is simply bollocks. Hell, I've seen captains going over 120 km/h in city limits without responding to a situation just because they can't be arsed to drive like the law tells them to. I doubt the people, who threaten officers with punishments should they speed, drive recklessly themselves while on duty.

Offline Brokman

• Citizen
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2010, 08:06:36 am »
If i do recall Procdure states if someone is speeding attempt to pullover first. Not suspect them right away.
I support that 100% .

Btw I would support Camera if they would do /r instead of /su . Reporting speed, car, color like "White comet, speed >80km/h in Commerce LS" and then Units patroling in LS pullover the car. That would increase some team work moreover.

Offline TinMan

• Citizen
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 08:09:30 am »
If i do recall Procdure states if someone is speeding attempt to pullover first. Not suspect them right away.
I support that 100% .

Btw I would support Camera if they would do /r instead of /su . Reporting speed, car, color like "White comet, speed >80km/h in Commerce LS" and then Units patroling in LS pullover the car. That would increase some team work moreover.

Yea. Agreed.

Offline Cruel Cooking Chef Curry Alterlis

• San Andreas Highway Patrol - Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • 067's Gaming
    • Skype - corey067
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 11:58:48 am »
I was thinking

And I change my point of /su right away

Those cameras, should send pic to the HQ (Saying on /r the description of the car, and let LEO pull them over/or set up traffic stop roadblock)

Is the best way I can think of
Signed,
Corey Alterlis

Argonath RPG Fire Department - Station 2's Company Chief
San Andreas Highway Patrol - Commissioner

Sago

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2010, 16:09:49 pm »
 I drive like crazy all the time and no ones ever pulled me over  :redface:

Some people just won't bother, but i will. I will hunt you down and make you pay that ticket regardless of the cost! Speeding is a crime and you shall be served justice, like the guy in my avatar.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2010, 17:17:06 pm »

Some people just won't bother, but i will. I will hunt you down and make you pay that ticket regardless of the cost! Speeding is a crime and you shall be served justice, like the guy in my avatar.
  I'm a cop most of the time  :lol:
LSPD Chief Stodds

jemerson

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 17:28:04 pm »
I am pedistrian camera 049 if you walk faster then 5 mph I fine you 50 dollars !!

Offline Pazienza

• Citizen
  • TeaM-Pazienza
  • Badge-ID: #NY2154
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 17:31:19 pm »

I'm a cop most of the time  :lol:
Then the FBI will hunt you down with the help of Kirby  :gun:

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 18:23:20 pm »
  I'm always on an important mission when speeding  :redface:   :cowb:
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline TinMan

• Citizen
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 23:07:36 pm »
I am pedistrian camera 049 if you walk faster then 5 mph I fine you 50 dollars !!

LOL  :rofl: That is probably what will happen. LOL!

Offline Bert

• Ex D.P.D. Sheriff
  • Citizen
  • A.K.A. BKP
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 23:14:32 pm »
All cameras will be removed tomorrow
BKP

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 23:21:18 pm »
Another problem of automatic su. If they were cameras, people should not have to pay fine for cancelsu. So if they dont pay fine straight away they go to jail or get killed? That doesn't sound fair. What if someone doesn't believe that they are guilty of speeding. Innocent until proven guilty? ... If you are ordered to pay a fine, you have a time limit. You shouldn't have to do it straight away... and there is no investigation into the speeding when paid fine. No one can  say they are innocent can they?... Which is unfair in all RP terms.

And as for speeding itself. The /speed and server speed is consistently higher than camhack speed (which I believe to be more accurate due to apparent quicker refresh rate). I have done a few tests and there are still speed spikes, where it will randomly go from 80 to 100 with /speed.
  I will conduct more tests (they have been video'd) that think will show if /su based on /speed is fair when no investigation is taken. (speeders can normally be seen by comparing your speed with  their speed, in which case you /speed to backup your beliefs for RP purposes.

Also I will remind. I will have no problem if some cops want to RP a mobile speed camera in any type of van, this is fair and feasible, as they are RPing cops with speed laser/ camera. Pretending to be a camera is not fair and I think can be abusive.
  I will, and always will stand by the belief that RP should be fun but fair for ALL involved, whether cops or not.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2010, 02:21:26 am »
Guys, get over it. They are just cameras RP'ing! If you don't want a ticket, don't speed! It's simple as that!

This is a RPG server, not a race server! If you don't want to slow down, pay the ticket or leave this server.

Offline StatuZ

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #1809
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2010, 02:42:55 am »
Guys, get over it. They are just cameras RP'ing! If you don't want a ticket, don't speed! It's simple as that!

This is a RPG server, not a race server! If you don't want to slow down, pay the ticket or leave this server.

3x Meritorious Service Medal
1x Community Policing Medal
1x Police Life-Saving Medal
1x Police Star

Offline Cane

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: AR0964
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2010, 02:56:04 am »

I really hate when people say this. Instead of attempting to make improvements, your intentions are to tell people to f**k off.

Pathetic.
Served 2008~2012

Offline Panda

• Citizen
  • Since May '07.
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2010, 03:55:41 am »

This is a game, not real life! If you don't want to drive fast, buy a car IRL and leave this server.
Officer "Panda" Ryuzaki

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2010, 04:25:27 am »

This I actually support.

This is a game, not real life! If you don't want to drive fast, buy a car IRL and leave this server.

omai no, dis is rp game

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal