| Date: 25-09-24  Time: 01:20 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 384
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Police Camera popping up  (Read 10432 times)

Offline Pepper

• SOUTHLAND
  • Citizen
  • Protect & Serve
Re: Police Camera popping up
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2010, 05:35:18 am »
CAMERA_0026 = Banned for ignoring admins!  :evil:
L.A.P.D
Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp. These guys comin' out of prison - they're buff, been on drugs. You do what they teach you in the academy, you will die. Knucklehead wants to take your gun, so if it's you or some 300-pound naked guy on PCP, you take his ass down any way you can - you ride with me, you back your badge.

Offline Hiroaki

• Citizen
  • Alterlis
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2010, 05:58:58 am »
camera smoked weed yesterday(when 207 or 211 in argobank)
And....I Got sus by camera 2 times for speeding,but was Non-Speeding.
   COURTESY
 PROFESSIONALISM
RESPECT

Ex LSPD Senior Officer
2x Meritorious Service Medal
1x Community Policing Medal

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2010, 09:29:07 am »
Guys, get over it. They are just cameras RP'ing! If you don't want a ticket, don't speed! It's simple as that!

This is a RPG server, not a race server! If you don't want to slow down, pay the ticket or leave this server.
  There are many types of RP. All are allowed on Argonath. However commands are not allowed to be abused, and naturally people will not enjoy the game if it is unfair and not fun. The camera's do very little RP. All they do is /su. The majority of RP is done by others, regardless of whether camera is there or not.
  Most of the speeders are not racing. If they were racing, this would be RP, and this is completely acceptable, since racers have to risk getting caught by the cops... RPG can represent many types of server since it is only limited by the imagination of what people want to RP. 

Why don't you read the whole topic before placing such a dimwitted argument?... because I really don't wan't to have to quote all of my previous points.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2010, 20:43:30 pm »
Guys, get over it. They are just cameras RP'ing! If you don't want a ticket, don't speed! It's simple as that!

This is a RPG server, not a race server! If you don't want to slow down, pay the ticket or leave this server.

I really hate when people say this. Instead of attempting to make improvements, your intentions are to tell people to f**k off.

Pathetic.
Please explain to me how the f**k getting rid of the cameras is an improvement. I would REALLY love to know. NO ONE should be speeding in the first place. Like I said before, this is a RPG server not a RACING SERVER. If you want to race, go find another server and leave this one.

@JCStodds: Given that it's impossible for them to mail tickets to users instead of suspecting them, what else would you rather them do? They have no script support other than being a cop on duty, and they are actually following ARPD guidelines the way they are doing it. Suspecting for speeding IS valid if the suspecting officer is on foot and the driver is speeding in a vehicle. Secondly, does it matter if they are racing or not? No. They are speeding regardless and thus their tickets are valid.

The camera is literally the same thing as a speed trap on the street where an officer is standing and catching speeders. There is absolutely no difference and you people need to stop crying over getting tickets when you shouldn't be speeding in the first place...especially when you know better as a trained cop.

Offline Cane

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: AR0964
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2010, 21:11:37 pm »
Please explain to me how the f**k getting rid of the cameras is an improvement. I would REALLY love to know. NO ONE should be speeding in the first place. Like I said before, this is a RPG server not a RACING SERVER. If you want to race, go find another server and leave this one.

Are you not aware of the system in this server? Once you are suspected, cops will most likely shoot you down for the smallest crime. It doesn't matter if you give the suspect the time to surrender or not. As soon as this so-called camera detects someone speeding, they will automatically be suspected - which gives cops on duty (mostly freecops who are unfamiliar of the rules) to shoot him/her down. Also, you do not have to be 'racing' to be speeding. The speed limit, 80 km/h, is just too slow. In real life, not everyone obeys the speed limit all the time; not everyone gets caught for doing so either. By implementing this system of cameras, you are forcing roleplay to all players.
Served 2008~2012

Offline Billy_Duke

• Citizen
  • Sadly I was a dumbass and is
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2010, 22:26:09 pm »
BTW,an admin cam over RCON and said camera were to be decommissied by tommrow,one even got banned for not complying to an admin

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2010, 22:31:24 pm »

@JCStodds: Given that it's impossible for them to mail tickets to users instead of suspecting them, what else would you rather them do?

The camera is literally the same thing as a speed trap on the street where an officer is standing and catching speeders.
 I have already explained what I would rather them do. Go back, and for the second time, I ask you to read the topic through than rushing in posting garbage. And a camera, as I have also mentioned in a similar context is not the same as an officer standing in the street RPing with a speed gun. An officer is a person, can act, react, investigate and interact with players. A speed camera only reacts to speeding with /su and does not interact with players.

I have made suggestions for improvements. RPing a speed camera I find unacceptable in terms of fairness and inventiveness, literally taking on the role of a robot, which I get on to so many cops about already. RPing an officer, that's completely different. How about you take some time to actually read through topic now?

EDIT: If cameras are decommissioned and you still like the idea, I will show a true method that is fair and more RP - ingame if you can't be arsed to read whole topic.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Cruel Cooking Chef Curry Alterlis

• San Andreas Highway Patrol - Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • 067's Gaming
    • Skype - corey067
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2010, 20:37:00 pm »
Now the Cameras is gone...

But now we have new problem...

LetherCowboy abusive cops...

What you guys will moan, now?
Signed,
Corey Alterlis

Argonath RPG Fire Department - Station 2's Company Chief
San Andreas Highway Patrol - Commissioner

Offline Billy_Duke

• Citizen
  • Sadly I was a dumbass and is
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2010, 22:05:01 pm »
One of the leather thingies is keybinding this pharse "we have metal horses"

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2010, 04:27:49 am »

Are you not aware of the system in this server? Once you are suspected, cops will most likely shoot you down for the smallest crime. It doesn't matter if you give the suspect the time to surrender or not. As soon as this so-called camera detects someone speeding, they will automatically be suspected - which gives cops on duty (mostly freecops who are unfamiliar of the rules) to shoot him/her down. Also, you do not have to be 'racing' to be speeding. The speed limit, 80 km/h, is just too slow. In real life, not everyone obeys the speed limit all the time; not everyone gets caught for doing so either. By implementing this system of cameras, you are forcing roleplay to all players.

Correction, officers on foot may do the SAME exact thing as cameras, so you are claiming that the rule for officers to do that is unjust, correct?

Sorry guys, but you really need to wake up and GET OVER IT. It is completely fair. If they don't want to be suspected, they shouldn't be speeding. If officers suddenly started going on foot more often and suspected every speeder they saw instead of this camera system existing, everyone would be moaning again too. Sorry but your arguments hold no validity. If they don't want to deal with it, they shouldn't speed.

Offline Panda

• Citizen
  • Since May '07.
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2010, 04:41:11 am »
I wasn't aware speeding was an executable offense.

Argonath has no levels of suspection, no tiers of severity.
You get suspected, then you are orange.
You are now on the blue team's kill list, and it's really no more complicated than that.

Suspecting someone without trying to pull them over is retarded, but suspecting them and not chasing them is just griefing. Anyone who does that should go be a dickhead elsewhere, frankly.

If you're gonna be a tosser and insta-sus someone for speeding, then at least f**king chase them. If you don't you're just a griefer, and should get hit by a car.
Officer "Panda" Ryuzaki

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2010, 04:49:45 am »
Maybe it's a misinterpretation..
but common to player's eyes.
If you're asking for a cop change, you'll have to fight alot and argue alot to make developers do something.
They can do something, but it's very limited... far beyond the point where cops can rp, including criminals.

for example, Panda said orange ppl are blue kill list, you have option to surrender, don't you?
oranges are criminals, and they tend to be neutralized if needed, to "protect state", and arrested if he surrenders.
that sounds better already, doesnt it? but you'll still lose $1000 and will still die by the same light blue shirt and black pants with a hat uniform. :(

/thread

police cameras forces traffic rules, that's an advantage, but they have no capacibility to interact well with players, all they do is: my access only CBF or pancher has it.
they can be considered random message to cops, such as cop xxx suspected xxx for xxx, or camera xx is being be vandalized at xxx, more spamming for such a bad comunication in police radio.

Usually speeding crimes results in fine, traffic accidents can be arrested..
My idea is: if someone is speeding and the camera caughts him, he should be issued a ticket via SMS or PM, failure to pay it, results in suspection.
the payment can be done by /wire or send to any cop...
that would work better instead of making whole civillians including newbies wanted.
also, newbies should be told the traffic limits

Working with an special team whom responds to any camera call would work even better.

the camera idea, is not a bad idea, but it's messy, and needs an repair!!

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2010, 10:20:17 am »

Correction, officers on foot may do the SAME exact thing as cameras, so you are claiming that the rule for officers to do that is unjust, correct?
Officers can do the exact same thing but no one said it was unjust in that sense, because people who have read the topic are not the ones missing the point completely.

Here is that point, which has been explicitly explained in this topic about 3 times now:

police cameras forces traffic rules, that's an advantage, but they have no capacibility to interact well with players, all they do is: my access only CBF or pancher has it.
they can be considered random message to cops, such as cop xxx suspected xxx for xxx, or camera xx is being be vandalized at xxx, more spamming for such a bad comunication in police radio.

Working with an special team whom responds to any camera call would work even better.

the camera idea, is not a bad idea, but it's messy, and needs an repair!!
1 RPing inanimate objects should be able to use /su ? I think it's unfair that no one can interact with these players in an RP way (because they pretend to be a camera), yet /su is an accepted force RP.
2 I suggested to use camera vans and actually RP cops with speed guns. Although this never happened (would make a lot better RP, since cameras cant ignore everyone who tries to RP then).
  If they were officers in vans with lazer guns to identify speeders they would have my full support. As officers can be interacted with. The cameras can be RPed with (whether a vehicle or weapon camera), and of course the officers are susceptible to attacks and then of course will need protection. What I do not like, is the forcing /su on players with hardly any RP involved for the /su in the first place and being invincible because they are RPing inanimate objects which gives severe limitations on any other RP.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2010, 19:08:08 pm »
You run a red light in my city and the camera will take a picture of your license, and you'll have a ticket at your doorstep in the next few days. I don't get why people are so hyped up. :conf:

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline Hiroaki

• Citizen
  • Alterlis
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2010, 20:09:38 pm »

You are now on the blue team's kill list, and it's really no more complicated than that.

im thinking using Lethal force on suspect is [/b]FINAL OPTION[/b],must arrest and jail them.
   COURTESY
 PROFESSIONALISM
RESPECT

Ex LSPD Senior Officer
2x Meritorious Service Medal
1x Community Policing Medal

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2010, 04:16:26 am »

im thinking using Lethal force on suspect is [/b]FINAL OPTION[/b],must arrest and jail them.
Do ANY of you people read the ARPD handbook anymore?!?

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2010, 20:39:45 pm »

This isn't a racing server, but this isn't a gritty reality server either. Why should we act like boring old men in their 70s when we can act like some guy from nascar?

There is nothing wrong with the speed cameras.

I agree with that. I don't care about the speed cameras not one bit. When people are speeding they shouldn't complain that they've been 'abused' or something since they know very well they're breaking a law. Still, driving 200 km/h is much more fun than driving 80 km/h.

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2010, 23:18:43 pm »
Sugar has a point, but you do as well Oliver. There is nothing wrong with the speed cameras.

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2010, 04:14:22 am »
Sugar has a point, but you do as well Oliver. There is nothing wrong with the speed cameras.

To a certain extent there is a problem, I don't really mind them, but I wish they couldn't suspect them for it. Instead it would be more roleplayable if we put it in the police radio. Whenever someone just goes like 90-100 you still get suspected for it. I even tested them to see if they just suspect if they go past 80. I wish they could just pull the person over. I still agree with Jcstodds on this one. I understand the other point of views but this camera creates more suspects whenever we have like 20 other suspects to get. Anyway, since this is a roleplay server it would make better since to do a traffic stop. Whenever you suspect someone (/su), we usually have that one cop that just shoots at the suspect, so I think it would be best to put it in the police radio. In my opinion the speed camera is basically the same as setting at a place and wait for speeders. Whenever you watch for speeders, do you suspect them or pull them over? You should attempt to pull them over not suspect them, so my question is why suspect them for speeding as a camera?
-Don't get me wrong this is my personal belief, doesn't really mean anything.

Signed,
TinMan

Offline Ryan C.

• Citizen
  • Argonath Rocks
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2010, 23:08:49 pm »
How you use camera?Where is the forum where you put in the pics you uploaded

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal